Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ Fog Lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my SR+ last week and it has the fog lamps but I don't see any option to enable them in the UI.
I took delivery last week too Sqrt, but I have the blanks. I think this period of build before shipping is where the change happened and it's just pot-luck. I'd rather not have them than have them. Bloke mentality, as I've learned especially with motorhomes, is thus: if it doesn't have them you tell everyone you didn't need them. But if you DO have them, they simply MUST work.
ED533E5C-1F67-49E6-8BE8-CB07785A888C_1_201_a.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: elecTED
Features being locked out by software is not a new thing. Cars have needed coding for features or wiring that is already there for many years.

It is galling to have lights and bulbs fitted that are coded out, and certainly if you'd ordered when it was advertised as having them then you should be able to get them, but if you've ordered after the fact and ended up with heated seats or fogs coded out by an update or whatever - I don't think you can really complain too much.

Bloke mentality, as I've learned especially with motorhomes, is thus: if it doesn't have them you tell everyone you didn't need them. But if you DO have them, they simply MUST work.

True. However, in all honesty, I've never really noticed much benefit to fog lights that I've had in the past. They certainly made the fog look different ... brighter at the side ... but I can't claim they added much extra useable visibility beyond that provided by normal dipped lights. It might be that I've just never had great fog lights of course! Thankfully the misty drizzly weather around these parts rarely descends into what I would describe as thick fog. From watching weather reports on TV it seems like the midlands motorways sometimes catch it pretty badly on occasion and I'm sure every small benefit is welcome in those circumstances.

SC have fitted my SR+ with the fog lights that were on the original spec. They did a good job. At least there was some benefits to Elon looking after £1000 for 3yrs and getting an early order in.

Yay, good stuff!

It's a good feeling getting what you were promised at the point of contract.

At least now you have the option of looking menacing in the night if you want too :)