Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ Fog Lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, Fog Lights are definitely there on SR+ but can only access from the menu when lights are on. Unfortunately rear heated sets have now been removed but can't really complain as they weren't included on the initial spec ;)

• Love
Reactions: Ronmoll
Yes, Fog Lights are definitely there on SR+ but can only access from the menu when lights are on. Unfortunately rear heated sets have now been removed but can't really complain as they weren't included on the initial spec ;)

From what I’ve seen some SR+ over getting delivered with plastic blanking plates over the front fog area.

If you ordered before the change, they seem happy to book in a service appointment to address.

Hi,

Well I actually took delivery on Saturday (They brought my date forward as I asked if a weekend slot was available). It took me awhile to figure out how to test the fog lights but both Front and Rear Fogs work. DAB radio works really well as well as using from USB.

As it stands I don't think I need Premium Connectivity. Will see what else it comes with.

I hope you get yours soon.

It is an amazing car.
Totally agree.
Picked up mine on Thursday. Fogs both front and rear working. Live traffic but doesn't show - already had a route changed on me whilst driving
So far really happy

no fog lights at all for me (Switzerland), just black plastic covers :(
SR+ produced on August 2, ordered July 16.
Change in the partial premium package seems to have happened on July 4 (waybackmachine.org)
I guess no chance to have in installed by Tesla service center...

fog-lights.jpg

Reactions: JenniferH
Spoke with a friend about this.

If you have fog lamps, they must work. If you don't have them, you won't fail your MOT.
This is what I thought was the general rule as well. You don't have to have a spare wheel but if you do it must be legal. Back when anti-lock was not mandatory you would fail an MOT if you your car had it but it was not working etc. so that could be interesting in a couple of years! Maybe Tesla will kindly offer to remove them FOC?

From what I’ve seen some SR+ over getting delivered with plastic blanking plates over the front fog area.

If you ordered before the change, they seem happy to book in a service appointment to address.

I ordered 10 May and received the SR+ partial premium interior on 6 Sept and there are black plastic blanking plates where the front fog lights would be. When I use the screen controls I can sometimes activate the fog lights (although they don't appear to do anything) and at other times it stays greyed out.

I'm almost certain I remember having a look at the spec before ordering which stated partial premium interior included fog lights and premium interior included LED fog lights.

Anyone know when the fog light disappeared from the partial premium interior spec?

Has anyone successfully had front fog lights retrofitted to an SR+ partial premium interior after taking delivery by a Tesla SC?

If it was in the specification at the time of order then it's something Tesla would need to honour.

Last edited:
Reactions: JenniferH
When we collected ours sr+ the front fogs were missing, so we put in a service log that they shouldn’t be. Apparently a lot of people are making the same complaint, and the man doing the hand over said they were looking into if they could be fitted/retro fitted

5401985E-3BA3-483B-91B6-BC9E52EB7ECA.jpeg
The front fog lights looks nice. Here’s a pic I took of the West Drayton showroom M3.

It’s a shame Tesla have penny-pinched and removed them from the partial premium interior. Don’t know exactly what date this happened. Bristol SC have said they are consulting Tesla engineers on how to retrofit on my car.