Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ footwell lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not noticed but will have a look now.

I can see it now "Upgrade now for £300 to have lights at your feet!"

One thing mine is doing odd is this is happening to my boot lights, open boot then they go off :/ I did upgrade to the AO lights so going back to originals to see if it fixes it.

Not noticed but will have a look now.

I can see it now "Upgrade now for £300 to have lights at your feet!"

One thing mine is doing odd is this is happening to my boot lights, open boot then they go off :/ I did upgrade to the AO lights so going back to originals to see if it fixes it.

I’ve been having issues with my upgraded boot lights as well! Flickering like old lights used to do with variable voltage. Not sure what’s going on as it doesn’t happen all of the time. Let me know if your issue is resolved going back to OEM?

I’ve been having issues with my upgraded boot lights as well! Flickering like old lights used to do with variable voltage. Not sure what’s going on as it doesn’t happen all of the time. Let me know if your issue is resolved going back to OEM?
Will do, might also be the water in boot lid that's my issue but that's booked in April for a fix. Noticed it makes a click noise exactly at the same time the lights turn off

Reactions: drewpost
While it was running an update in the evening yesterday I noticed the footwell lights on for the first time, one LED unit in each front footwell. I took photos I was so surprised!

Tonight I tried getting in the car, and just got a flash of footwell light on unlocking and opening the door - but no sign of a way to get them to stay on. Strange.

While it was running an update in the evening yesterday I noticed the footwell lights on for the first time, one LED unit in each front footwell. I took photos I was so surprised!

Tonight I tried getting in the car, and just got a flash of footwell light on unlocking and opening the door - but no sign of a way to get them to stay on. Strange.
mine has been doing that for a year

It’s a feature that is coded to the car. Presumably for a brief moment before the car gets told what it’s allowed to do, you have access to it?

Don’t know why Tesla have never allowed it as a paid option, like rear heated seats, to be honest.

It’s a feature that is coded to the car. Presumably for a brief moment before the car gets told what it’s allowed to do, you have access to it?

Don’t know why Tesla have never allowed it as a paid option, like rear heated seats, to be honest.
I don't know why a £40k car doesn't have them whereas a £15k hatchback does

That was my impression from the forums - see also this older thread:

Also of interest, I'd just got the car back from snagging (delayed with covid lockdown) and while the update was running my eye was drawn to the footwell because there was an unexpected item there - it turned out to be a spare LED fitting, apparently the same as the ones in the passenger and driver footwells. Quite possibly my car had a broken one which had been replaced, but seems a bit of a waste of time if Tesla have yet to enable the footwell lights 🤷‍♀️

Screenshot 2021-03-09 at 21.43.05.png

I can take a clearer photo in daylight or indoors if anyone really wants to see it?

That was my impression from the forums - see also this older thread:

Also of interest, I'd just got the car back from snagging (delayed with covid lockdown) and while the update was running my eye was drawn to the footwell because there was an unexpected item there - it turned out to be a spare LED fitting, apparently the same as the ones in the passenger and driver footwells. Quite possibly my car had a broken one which had been replaced, but seems a bit of a waste of time if Tesla have yet to enable the footwell lights 🤷‍♀️

View attachment 643115
I can take a clearer photo in daylight or indoors if anyone really wants to see it?
I think the puddle lights are identical in look, but are slightly different (they don’t dim). So could it be a replacement puddle light?

Could be - the puddle lights were working before the car went in to Tesla I think. Maybe I should telephone and ask them...

It has puddle lights? My biggest issue with the car is lack of entry/access lighting. I’ve had to turn the interior lights on to auto as its so dark getting in, but they stay on until you go into drive (most other cars they go off when you close the door). I’ve never noticed puddle lights - do they not have them on a SR+?