Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ Hansshow Audio Upgrade

Space_CowBoy

Nov 30, 2020
Montreal
Just installed the Hanshow in my 2021 SR+ without rear speakers(Only 4 additional speakers activated). If anyone here is wondering if this is worth doing like I was a few days ago, the answer is YESSS! For 80 bucks, the sound quality is 100 times better. More treble, better mid-range and I might be crazy, but it feels like the bass is better even though technically that doesn't make sense. The install took about an hour. I'm blown away on the improvement.

I'm sure the Hanshow and Evoffer would be similar in sound quality improvement so my guess is that anyone one of them is a no brainer!

Chrisuoft

Aug 5, 2021
Toronto
Just installed the Hanshow in my 2021 SR+ without rear speakers(Only 4 additional speakers activated). If anyone here is wondering if this is worth doing like I was a few days ago, the answer is YESSS! For 80 bucks, the sound quality is 100 times better. More treble, better mid-range and I might be crazy, but it feels like the bass is better even though technically that doesn't make sense. The install took about an hour. I'm blown away on the improvement.

I'm sure the Hanshow and Evoffer would be similar in sound quality improvement so my guess is that anyone one of them is a no brainer!
Do you have a guide or video you followed for the install?

Space_CowBoy

Nov 30, 2020
Montreal
Do you have a guide or video you followed for the install?
Quite frankly, the install guide is garbage and so are the videos from Hanshow. I looked at a few DIY videos on youtube. It's all pretty straightforward but pay special attention when inserting the 2 singles wires into the wiring harnesses. The driver side came loose after I closed it all up and I had to go back in to secure them properly with zip ties. But the whole thing is pretty much plug and play.

• Informative
Reactions: Vawlkus

Navsarin

M3 - Red Rocket
Nov 28, 2015
Canada
Nice comment thx. I’m looking at either Hanshow or EVoffer. I assume both simply tie into the existing front amp and direct power to the 4 additional speakers.

Did the harness come with any ability to add a sub for the rear? I believe EVoffer has that version.

I’m ready to order something today but just want to ensure it’s ready to accept a sub/amp for the rear as well.

TonyLSF

Dec 11, 2019
San Francisco
I have the version E installed in my SR+. Pretty simple but I also have the rear deck speakers pre-installed so that saved a few steps. The hardest part is probably plugging into the main computer system by the Passenger footwell area. If you follow the instructions, you should be ok.

Chrisuoft

Aug 5, 2021
Toronto
Can anyone recommend an installer in the GTA for a 2021 model? I think previous versions were easier to install but for a 2021 you have to slice wires and tap something or other and I have no experience with this.

Navsarin

M3 - Red Rocket
Nov 28, 2015
Canada
Found these guys who are willing to and have done some already.

Ultra Auto Sound

About
There are located in Mississauga.

I’ll be looking to get mine done here when I order my kit. Still confused what to do here.
EV offer kit plus NVX sub/amp or alternate.

these guys can also produce a workable sub/amp solution.

I spoke to Joe.

Reactions: Chrisuoft

bo3bdar

Feb 21, 2021
Silicon Valley
Nice comment thx. I’m looking at either Hanshow or EVoffer. I assume both simply tie into the existing front amp and direct power to the 4 additional speakers.

Did the harness come with any ability to add a sub for the rear? I believe EVoffer has that version.

I’m ready to order something today but just want to ensure it’s ready to accept a sub/amp for the rear as well.

The regular versions of these cables don't have a subwoofer option, because they only tap the front dash midrange, and rear parcel deck midrange speakers.

The woofers in the doors are where you need to get the signal for a subwoofer, including the NVX. Their install video only shows them adding it to the premium audio already, so the subwoofer signals are already in the rear for them. You'll need to run wires from the front MCU plug to add this. The woofer signals are in the MCU plug that is daisy chained, but are not tapped.

Hansshow used to have a cable that also routed the woofer signals to the rear, but I don't see it on their site anymore. Might be worth asking them directly. Although adding a tap to the daisy chain off the MCU will be very easy.

Navsarin

M3 - Red Rocket
Nov 28, 2015
Canada
The regular versions of these cables don't have a subwoofer option, because they only tap the front dash midrange, and rear parcel deck midrange speakers.

The woofers in the doors are where you need to get the signal for a subwoofer, including the NVX. Their install video only shows them adding it to the premium audio already, so the subwoofer signals are already in the rear for them. You'll need to run wires from the front MCU plug to add this. The woofer signals are in the MCU plug that is daisy chained, but are not tapped.

Hansshow used to have a cable that also routed the woofer signals to the rear, but I don't see it on their site anymore. Might be worth asking them directly. Although adding a tap to the daisy chain off the MCU will be very easy.
EV offer harness can now be offered with a sub/amp connection if requested. Same as you mentioned signal from the rear doors.I like the tap to daisy chain idea thanks.

Last edited:

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC