Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ Hansshow Audio Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed the Hanshow in my 2021 SR+ without rear speakers(Only 4 additional speakers activated). If anyone here is wondering if this is worth doing like I was a few days ago, the answer is YESSS! For 80 bucks, the sound quality is 100 times better. More treble, better mid-range and I might be crazy, but it feels like the bass is better even though technically that doesn't make sense. The install took about an hour. I'm blown away on the improvement.

I'm sure the Hanshow and Evoffer would be similar in sound quality improvement so my guess is that anyone one of them is a no brainer!

Just installed the Hanshow in my 2021 SR+ without rear speakers(Only 4 additional speakers activated). If anyone here is wondering if this is worth doing like I was a few days ago, the answer is YESSS! For 80 bucks, the sound quality is 100 times better. More treble, better mid-range and I might be crazy, but it feels like the bass is better even though technically that doesn't make sense. The install took about an hour. I'm blown away on the improvement.

I'm sure the Hanshow and Evoffer would be similar in sound quality improvement so my guess is that anyone one of them is a no brainer!
Do you have a guide or video you followed for the install?

Do you have a guide or video you followed for the install?
Quite frankly, the install guide is garbage and so are the videos from Hanshow. I looked at a few DIY videos on youtube. It's all pretty straightforward but pay special attention when inserting the 2 singles wires into the wiring harnesses. The driver side came loose after I closed it all up and I had to go back in to secure them properly with zip ties. But the whole thing is pretty much plug and play.

• Informative
Reactions: Vawlkus
Nice comment thx. I’m looking at either Hanshow or EVoffer. I assume both simply tie into the existing front amp and direct power to the 4 additional speakers.

Did the harness come with any ability to add a sub for the rear? I believe EVoffer has that version.

I’m ready to order something today but just want to ensure it’s ready to accept a sub/amp for the rear as well.

I have the version E installed in my SR+. Pretty simple but I also have the rear deck speakers pre-installed so that saved a few steps. The hardest part is probably plugging into the main computer system by the Passenger footwell area. If you follow the instructions, you should be ok.

Found these guys who are willing to and have done some already.

Ultra Auto Sound

About
There are located in Mississauga.

I’ll be looking to get mine done here when I order my kit. Still confused what to do here.
EV offer kit plus NVX sub/amp or alternate.

these guys can also produce a workable sub/amp solution.

I spoke to Joe.

Nice comment thx. I’m looking at either Hanshow or EVoffer. I assume both simply tie into the existing front amp and direct power to the 4 additional speakers.

Did the harness come with any ability to add a sub for the rear? I believe EVoffer has that version.

I’m ready to order something today but just want to ensure it’s ready to accept a sub/amp for the rear as well.

The regular versions of these cables don't have a subwoofer option, because they only tap the front dash midrange, and rear parcel deck midrange speakers.

The woofers in the doors are where you need to get the signal for a subwoofer, including the NVX. Their install video only shows them adding it to the premium audio already, so the subwoofer signals are already in the rear for them. You'll need to run wires from the front MCU plug to add this. The woofer signals are in the MCU plug that is daisy chained, but are not tapped.

Hansshow used to have a cable that also routed the woofer signals to the rear, but I don't see it on their site anymore. Might be worth asking them directly. Although adding a tap to the daisy chain off the MCU will be very easy.

The regular versions of these cables don't have a subwoofer option, because they only tap the front dash midrange, and rear parcel deck midrange speakers.

The woofers in the doors are where you need to get the signal for a subwoofer, including the NVX. Their install video only shows them adding it to the premium audio already, so the subwoofer signals are already in the rear for them. You'll need to run wires from the front MCU plug to add this. The woofer signals are in the MCU plug that is daisy chained, but are not tapped.

Hansshow used to have a cable that also routed the woofer signals to the rear, but I don't see it on their site anymore. Might be worth asking them directly. Although adding a tap to the daisy chain off the MCU will be very easy.
EV offer harness can now be offered with a sub/amp connection if requested. Same as you mentioned signal from the rear doors.I like the tap to daisy chain idea thanks.

Last edited:
Hello all,

I installed the new version from Hansshow for the 2021 SR+ DIY audio upgrade (no more inserting 2 wires into a a pillar connector but just connectors already wired). I own a september 2021 SR+. Firmware version 2021.11.103

The installation take two hour but was quite easy with this new version, just pulling out existing connectors and inserting new ones in place.

The front door tweeters are working now but the A-Pillar midrange do not worked at all. Despite the activation of the front doors speakers, the overall sound is now very poor. The bass of the entire sound system disappear. I try a software reset, a hardware reset, to play with the equalizer, nothing seems to activate the A-Pillar speaker nor reinitiate the bass frequencies. Do i am the only one having problems with this kit ? Any advice will be welcome ! I write to Hansshow and i am waiting an answer from them.

Hello all,

I installed the new version from Hansshow for the 2021 SR+ DIY audio upgrade (no more inserting 2 wires into a a pillar connector but just connectors already wired). I own a september 2021 SR+. Firmware version 2021.11.103

The installation take two hour but was quite easy with this new version, just pulling out existing connectors and inserting new ones in place.

The front door tweeters are working now but the A-Pillar midrange do not worked at all. Despite the activation of the front doors speakers, the overall sound is now very poor. The bass of the entire sound system disappear. I try a software reset, a hardware reset, to play with the equalizer, nothing seems to activate the A-Pillar speaker nor reinitiate the bass frequencies. Do i am the only one having problems with this kit ? Any advice will be welcome ! I write to Hansshow and i am waiting an answer from them
YEAH!, basses are back and a-pillar speakers are working this morning. In the music preferences, i turn off the surround option followed by a vehicle reset and WOW, everything now is back to normal and the audio upgrade is working. I suppose it was a software glitch. Hansshow have not a lot of verbose about problem solving.

I had the EV offer harness with sub output as well as 2 additional rear deck speakers installed in my 2021 a SR+ plus am amp/12” sub in the lower trunk cavity :)

I will say the sound is…incredible! All 14 speakers now active and WOW. Sounds better than the premium stock sound with 8” sub.

Done by ultra Auto sound in Mississauga Ontario :) worth every penny :)

Attachments

• 7F77D223-2770-4E24-BDC8-23E07C07B7F0.jpeg
    7F77D223-2770-4E24-BDC8-23E07C07B7F0.jpeg
    375 KB · Views: 225
  • 4FAE1ECE-2F89-4EEB-A906-5282615F63E4.jpeg
    4FAE1ECE-2F89-4EEB-A906-5282615F63E4.jpeg
    472.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 355D9331-410C-4334-A2D1-48076FC486CC.jpeg
    355D9331-410C-4334-A2D1-48076FC486CC.jpeg
    544.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 5EDDAB15-3368-4EE9-ADCA-594B348B79F2.jpeg
    5EDDAB15-3368-4EE9-ADCA-594B348B79F2.jpeg
    385.1 KB · Views: 95
  • EF1DD05D-31A5-4ADF-A6A4-EDDEF4E911D3.jpeg
    EF1DD05D-31A5-4ADF-A6A4-EDDEF4E911D3.jpeg
    333.5 KB · Views: 102
  • C22D2201-DFED-498D-A516-ACD72F7707A5.jpeg
    C22D2201-DFED-498D-A516-ACD72F7707A5.jpeg
    544.5 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Reactions: menaknow
I had the EV offer harness with sub output as well as 2 additional rear deck speakers installed in my 2021 a SR+ plus am amp/12” sub in the lower trunk cavity :)

I will say the sound is…incredible! All 14 speakers now active and WOW. Sounds better than the premium stock sound with 8” sub.

Done by ultra Auto sound in Mississauga Ontario :) worth every penny :)

What was the cost if you don't mind me asking?