Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ heated rear seats and front fog lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a quick check-in the let you lot know that on my SR+ at least, the heated rear seats and the front fog lights are active and confirmed working. Thought you might like to know :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190816-072830.png
    Screenshot_20190816-072830.png
    936.8 KB · Views: 265
Reactions: -DB-
From what I’ve read the front fog lights are there to stay though - currently it’s only the base SR (not SR+) that doesn’t have them, despite what the order page says.

Basically it looks like Tesla have confused themselves with the introduction of “partial premium” and so there’s a lot of misreporting about what it includes.

Have rear heated seats in my 7, no-one uses them ever....

They are apparently a better option than wasting energy to heat the cabin but time will tell. I suspect my wife will want seat and cabin heat and I have not yet worked out how I tell her that if she turns it up cabin preheat too much and runs the battery down she may end up walking home from work - nope no chance of charging there...

• Funny
Reactions: Roy W.
Have rear heated seats in my 7, no-one uses them ever....
Really? Love me my heated seats on cold mornings. In an ice car, unless its a posh one with an electric heater, it can take at least 10 minutes to get any meaningful amount of heat into the cabin where as the seats are almost instant. The kids will fight to the death over who gets the front seat in the middle of winter.
Obviously less of an issue in a Tesla where you can preheat the cabin and or get instant heat from the vents. I assume it's more of an energy saving feature in an EV.

Really? Love me my heated seats on cold mornings. In an ice car, unless its a posh one with an electric heater, it can take at least 10 minutes to get any meaningful amount of heat into the cabin where as the seats are almost instant. The kids will fight to the death over who gets the front seat in the middle of winter.
Obviously less of an issue in a Tesla where you can preheat the cabin and or get instant heat from the vents. I assume it's more of an energy saving feature in an EV.
The Kona has got heated and ventilated front seats, and a heated steering wheel. Last winter we both loved the heated seats, and I loved the heated steering wheel. I’ll certainly miss the heated wheel with the M3.

The ventilated seats in summer - no. They feel rather... strange :confused:

Thankfully, having just found the heated steering on a Model S, I decided to check a Model 3 for one, or not...

Had the 3 had a heated steering wheel it would have made my life so much easier. Cabin pre conditioning better be bloody good because in absence of heated steering, I had to sell it to her on advance summon :oops: - think my balls may be on the line :eek:

• Funny
Actually, I'm not sure it is as clear cut as that. Whilst there is no legal requirements for front fog lights in UK, I believe that if they are fitted they must now be working to pass the MOT.
You’re right, but that applies to any exterior lights that are fitted. For example if your car has two rear fog lights, but one is not working, it will fail the MOT test. So the MOT rule applies to running lights, front and rear side lights, main and dipped headlights, front fogs, rear fogs, brake lights and reversing light.

That of course doesn’t stop many motorists from seemingly driving through the entire winter with one working headlight ;)

So if a car such as Model 3 comes with dummy/software disabled fog lights, there is going to be a problem come MOT time. So good job that the front fog lights do seem to be enabled on the partial premium models. Long may they remain and the configurator is wrong.