Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ Heated Rear Seats Paid Upgrade live: $300

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
z4HhEZ7.jpg

Screw rear heated seats, bring on the Fog Lights Upgrade please!

I think that's a great price, personally. But I expect we'll see an outpouring of angst and frustration in 3...2...

I will say, in typical Tesla fashion, that image is quite misleading. The rear middle seat does not have a heated seat back. Just the part your rump is on is heated. The two seats flanking the middle are heated in both sit-upon and back locations.

Fog lights got taken off partial premium somewhere around the 2nd week of July from past research if I recall. My SR+ was built and delivered the 2nd week of August. I have the lights physically installed (no black plates) but no way to turn them on.

So I'd say maybe 1.5-2 months worth of cars that got built (July 15th-Sept 1st) have fog lights but can't use.

That's also not taken in account those who had fog lights before the date and updates have taken them away (I've read about a few instances).

The question is, if Tesla were to offer this, would it be more or less then heated rear seats?

• Informative
Reactions: PrGrPa
Fog lights got taken off partial premium somewhere around the 2nd week of July from past research if I recall. My SR+ was built and delivered the 2nd week of August. I have the lights physically installed (no black plates) but no way to turn them on.

So I'd say maybe 1.5-2 months worth of cars that got built (July 15th-Sept 1st) have fog lights but can't use.

That's also not taken in account those who had fog lights before the date and updates have taken them away (I've read about a few instances).

The question is, if Tesla were to offer this, would it be more or less then heated rear seats?

I don't see fog lights being added. I think it would annoy too many people who don't have the necessary hardware. At this stage, I don't think Tesla is going to intentionally piss a LOT of Model 3 owners off.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
They didn’t seem to have a problem intentionally pissing off a LOT of Model S owners with charge/batterygate.

I'm well aware of this, which is why I said "at this stage." The Model 3 is to Tesla what the Corolla is to Toyota, the Civic to Honda, the 3-Series to BMW etc. It's the most important car they current sell. I really, really don't think they're going to risk any mishaps with it.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Pass. My rear seats only collect dust

I got my 5/19 SR+ build in September with fogs

All I want is the 2 speakers on the A pillars and the 2 speakers on the doors to function

I can hear the absence of sound in those areas and that's all my car needs.

Probably would pay up to $400 for it