Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Model may not ship until end of June

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla rep I spoke with said the car still has Homelink so it will open a garage door. The car obviously has a GPS in it, so it sounds like they’ve just disabled the location based auto open in the SR/SR+.
When is the last time anyone saw a car without a basic garage door opener feature built into it? It seems like it be pretty ridiculous to not provide that basic functionality in a $35K+ car.
FYI, GM did not put it in our 2016 Volt. I think they added it back in in laster Model Years (MY) because of complaints/expectations.

The Tesla rep I spoke with said the car still has Homelink so it will open a garage door. The car obviously has a GPS in it, so it sounds like they’ve just disabled the location based auto open in the SR/SR+.

When is the last time anyone saw a car without a basic garage door opener feature built into it? It seems like it be pretty ridiculous to not provide that basic functionality in a $35K+ car.

BMWs did not come standard with a back up camera until the government mandated it... even though toyota, honda, kia, hyundai etc etc came standard with them. I cant tell you how many times I read on the BMW boards "I didnt check because I figured its a bmw, no way it wont have XXX feature" and it wouldnt.

The "how could this not be in a car this expensive" discussion is not one that works. Like I said, I know they told you its there. Check it and confirm it for us when you get it.

I just ordered a top spec Mini Countryman for my wife, MSRP of 42,000. Has tons of technology but no homelink unless you buy the higher level rear view mirror that includes it for $250.

My 2016 Volt did not have home link. 3 years had my brick garage door opener in the armrest!

OK, I guess I’m assuming too much. I knew there were a few missing pieces of information on the SR+ model for me when I ordered it but the sales rep told me I can change my mind prior to delivery and choose a different model if I find out this one doesn’t meet my needs.

So I guess I can change the order to an MR if need be. It’s only another $3K but I just wasn’t that excited about paying the extra $3K for 24 more miles or range plus some minor interior differences.

OK, I guess I’m assuming too much. I knew there were a few missing pieces of information on the SR+ model for me when I ordered it but the sales rep told me I can change my mind prior to delivery and choose a different model if I find out this one doesn’t meet my needs.

So I guess I can change the order to an MR if need be. It’s only another $3K but I just wasn’t that excited about paying the extra $3K for 24 more miles or range plus some minor interior differences.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, let us know how it turns out!