Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Model Y 7 seater waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke to my advisor today and she said Tesla is no longer taking orders for the Standard Range MY but everyone that has already placed an order already will be honored.

So I thought to get a thread going for 7 Seat, SR Model Y. If there already is, I apologize.

SR Ordered 2/3
Pearl White
Black/White interior
20 inch rims
7 seats
South Florida

No current estimated delivery but my advisor says “Sometime in March”

Same here, my SA confirmed they will still honor the existing orders but no more new ones.

Configuration is same as yours except for the color, MSM and I live in North texas.

Btw, I am still debating what was the rationale behind tesla's cancellation - I don't want to regret later for choosing SR if the company itself itself cancelling it for a reason.

I also put a LR version of it, at least I am in that queue, will cancel one of the orders once I made up my mind.

Spoke to my advisor today and she said Tesla is no longer taking orders for the Standard Range MY but everyone that has already placed an order already will be honored.

So I thought to get a thread going for 7 Seat, SR Model Y. If there already is, I apologize.

SR Ordered 2/3
Pearl White
Black/White interior
20 inch rims
7 seats
South Florida

I’m glad to hear they are honoring your order. Now it’s way past tome to honor the order for us holding a Model Y LR RWD reservation for 18 months. Come on Tesla!

Same here, my SA confirmed they will still honor the existing orders but no more new ones.

Configuration is same as yours except for the color, MSM and I live in North texas.

Btw, I am still debating what was the rationale behind tesla's cancellation - I don't want to regret later for choosing SR if the company itself itself cancelling it for a reason.

I also put a LR version of it, at least I am in that queue, will cancel one of the orders once I made up my mind.

I’m still wondering that as well. Why drop the price 2k then drop the whole vehicle all together? That’s such a short time frame to gauge the public’s interest. Maybe they just wanted to fill an internal quota? Who knows

I’m still wondering that as well. Why drop the price 2k then drop the whole vehicle all together? That’s such a short time frame to gauge the public’s interest. Maybe they just wanted to fill an internal quota? Who knows

Yeah, it’s super weird.

Maybe it is to clear inventory/quotas? But then they would also have to weigh that against lowering the price for all other SR orders and losing out on that revenue...

Tax credit being imminent makes sense. They would want to only sell higher-value, higher-margin models. But then why did they also not stop/drop the 3SR?

Pending model 2 release could also be a valid theory. Model 2 to own the entry range. Model 3/Y to own the mid-range. Model S/X to own the high-end. But again, why not also drop 3SR(+). Unless they have lots of existing inventory that needs to be cleared first?

Last edited:

Thanks for starting this thread! I’ve been following along in 7-seat config waiting room but that’s up to 49 pages now and dominated by LR+AWD orders.

I originally placed my order on 8 Jan, then updated it with a color change on 19 Jan.

SR, 7-seats, white/black, 19" Gemini, hitch.

The last in-the-future delivery estimate I had ended on 12 Feb and once it passed it was not replaced.

I was assigned a VIN this past Thursday night (18 Feb) but as of this past Sunday morning (21 Feb) it had disappeared from my account.

Also, FWIW, this was posted today on Electrek: Tesla Model Y Standard Range is still available ‘off menu,’ but Elon Musk doesn’t like the range

SR Ordered 2/3
Pearl White
Black/White interior
20 inch rims
7 seats
South Florida

Today I got my VIN and my advisor told that my car has departed the factory, Estimated arrival time middle of March

Agree with others - thanks for starting this specific thread!

We ordered 1/12/21, SR/7 seat/MSM/Black int/19”/no hitch/no FSD. No VIN.

When ordered it was a 2-6 week estimate. Our order page said Jan 24 - Feb 16 and it updated each day until Feb 16 when it disappeared. Our SA thought that if there wasn’t a VIN added by last week, it’s likely tracking for mid-March. Technically I believe this week would be 6 weeks from ordering, but I do not expect delivery until next month at this point.

Good thing we quickly sold the vehicle it’s replacing... /s

Good news is we should all be receiving them soon!

Reactions: bharath9
Totally agreed - we have no thread to follow on SR 7 seater and felt like lost in the woods until this specific thread came. So far I am not seeing much of the activities on SR 5/7 seater models, I am really hoping Tesla does a large push by March to ship the SR models.
Between, my order date is 2/8 and have SR 7 with 20 inch wheels.

Reactions: Jemblue7my