Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Model Y 7 seater waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My bad, I spoke with someone at the Buena Park location and they said that the estimated delivery date for my vehicle was 4/19. This was all said verbally.

Nothing was updated through my account online. No VIN, no estimated date is shown for me either.
Thanks for the update! I’m just happy to keep hearing they’re still going to be produced! And maybe since they’ll be built after the end of quarter push, they’ll have slightly less rushed/sloppy build quality.

Reactions: RHMY
Any chance the next batch of SRs come with a different battery chemistry as suggested in the recent battery day? LFP? Not sure if that would be a good, bad or irrelevant change.

edit - now that I read more, it seems to be a trade of slower 0-60/discharge for increased longevity / cycles. I’d gladly take that in the SR!

Last edited:
Reactions: jendegooze
This doesn't pertain to 7 seaters but we just got word a SR Y5 will be rolling out of the factory 4/1 for us to replace an inventory car we have ordered but hasn't shipped in over 3 weeks (we had a delivery appointment for 3/24 that never materialized). Haven't seen a vin but got a call asking if they could do the swap and a text for us to confirm. Going from one produced in January that has been hanging out in snowy salty weather (PA) to one produced tomorrow or Tuesday will be great.

Reactions: jendegooze and RHMY
Thanks for the update! I’m just happy to keep hearing they’re still going to be produced! And maybe since they’ll be built after the end of quarter push, they’ll have slightly less rushed/sloppy build quality.
Of course! Just trying to keep people in the loop because Tesla obviously has a hard time doing that.

That's so true! Makes waiting a few more weeks a little more bearable in my mind 😥

Of course if I was smart and looked through my pictures I would have realized I took picture of the VIN plate on the SR Y we test drove a few weeks ago. Obviously my above supposition was way off
FF7E69AE-5E3D-435D-BB38-54AAABC71B5B.jpeg

Reactions: Sbax
Hi All, My SA called me yesterday and mentioned decision on the pending orders will be made in month of april or may. He asked me either to wait or try looking at long range model. order placed on 2/18 - model y 7 Seater/SD. Fremont location
Did anyone else get the same message from SA ?

Hi All, My SA called me yesterday and mentioned decision on the pending orders will be made in month of april or may. He asked me either to wait or try looking at long range model. order placed on 2/18 - model y 7 Seater/SD. Fremont location
Did anyone else get the same message from SA ?
I called SA in different location and all told me different stories. I don't know why there's a official announce for us. It's a easy and yes or no question. just let us know and we can make our decision.