Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Model Y 7 seater waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is after 1 coat of beadlock ceramic from shine supply.

Ended up using almost the entire 100ml bottle. Did 3 coats. Paint/glass/wheels/trim. It is beyond silly. Let’s hope it lasts!

Car was in great shape. Really not much of anything I need to log at this point. Just about flawless!

Have only driven 2 miles. Going to give the ceramic another 2-3 days to cure and then will take her out.
Installed wheel lug locks, rear door PPF, center console trays, oem mud flaps and the ceramic coating.

This is after 1 coat of beadlock ceramic from shine supply.

Ended up using almost the entire 100ml bottle. Did 3 coats. Paint/glass/wheels/trim. It is beyond silly. Let’s hope it lasts!

Car was in great shape. Really not much of anything I need to log at this point. Just about flawless!

Have only driven 2 miles. Going to give the ceramic another 2-3 days to cure and then will take her out.
Installed wheel lug locks, rear door PPF, center console trays, oem mud flaps and the ceramic coating.
what brand is that?

what brand is that?
It is this one

#ShineSupply needs to be sending me some free refills for all of this free press! 🤣 ;):cool:. Though it seemed to already be highly recommended stuff!

Anyone have an opinion on me buying someone's reservation for a SR Y for $500? Delivery is in about a week, so I wouldn't get any say in the feature set.

Seems like a lot of cash for a reservation that will probably go to waste. But then again, the demand for Model Y is so high right now, someone else might come along and snag it.

Anyone have an opinion on me buying someone's reservation for a SR Y for $500? Delivery is in about a week, so I wouldn't get any say in the feature set.

Seems like a lot of cash for a reservation that will probably go to waste. But then again, the demand for Model Y is so high right now, someone else might come along and snag it.
Depends if that's the ideal Y that you want and if you want it now. I'm torn where I don't need a car and a potential tax credit may be worth waiting for.

Side note, I'm also on Oahu and that offer to snag the SR, would be tempting to take :)

There is a SR in Midnight silver for $43.9k available right now. I was refreshing for a while to get a glimpse of what they're selling for. I guess I wanted to see the $2k price hike for myself... Still considering taking this person's reservation...

I think most of us from Jan/Feb orders are all out cruising now :)

It’s been +72 hours for me so the ceramic has now mostly cured. Will be taking it out today for a short day trip. Next on my list is tint. I am thinking about putting some high UV rejection tint on all windows. Just not sure about windshield or the roof. But def the fronts.

VIN 176xxx - base model SR7 ordered 2/15 with no changes. Pickup in Atlanta (closest to Louisiana that will do out of state reg/tax)
We picked ours up in Atlanta yesterday. Had a lot of fun driving back to Louisiana. Great to have the time to play with everything all at once.

Paint is perfect. Only a few issues to bring in later to tweak - one door glass sticking out (no noise though), tailgate needs a few mm adjustment on one side, and one door needs a few mm adjustment (needs a bit more force to close than the others. Couldn't do it there, they were too backed up. Taking to New Orleans service center in the next month.

Solid experience in Decatur. FYI if it helps anyone, they let us pay the downpayment with a personal check.

Reactions: Turks954