Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Model Y 7 seater waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, you will find several posts about this in facebook ModelY group and in forums.tesla.com.
It is very disappointing.
True or slimy SA's trying to score upgrades? Not sure if they are paid commission to be motivated for such behavior. There are a few SR 5 seat MY's available at our local dealer. No word from our SA lately on the factory pause or status of our 7 seat order.

Placed order for Y SR (7) white, black interior tow hitch on 2/19. Still no VIN however......

-If I get asked to change my order, I'll change it to a 3 LR, as that is only a little more in cost. Sure, its no crossover, and seats five, but I'll take LR and AWD if the SR (7) is either not going to be made or will take until summer to arrive. Y LR (5) costs way too much more and is over budget.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
This is the only thread I keep it under watch and anytime I get a notification that someone has updated the post, I come here with a hope of seeing someone got a VIN and get disappointed .. I am not seeing more VINs for 7 seaters yet, I doubt if Tesla can even get the target meet by end of March. Every time I talk to SA, they're like, for sure you will get the car by mid march.

This is the only thread I keep it under watch and anytime I get a notification that someone has updated the post, I come here with a hope of seeing someone got a VIN and get disappointed .. I am not seeing more VINs for 7 seaters yet, I doubt if Tesla can even get the target meet by end of March. Every time I talk to SA, they're like, for sure you will get the car by mid march.
I was told the same every time I call Tesla. Based on the VIN assigned, it looked like there are some MY SR 7seat released to the eastern north America, and when I told a SA that there are people who's getting MY SR 7seat, she said Tesla always ships to the east first and I will get my car by the end of March.

I was told the same every time I call Tesla. Based on the VIN assigned, it looked like there are some MY SR 7seat released to the eastern north America, and when I told a SA that there are people who's getting MY SR 7seat, she said Tesla always ships to the east first and I will get my car by the end of March.
That sounds about right .personally picking up MY SR 7 on 10th March. And there were lots more there when I saw today.in toronto

• Informative
Reactions: skhl201
Here is the update I got from speaking with couple of customer care agents and they both provided same answers ..

SR MY 7 seater option - they have very limited produced from the factory before it got discontinued and that too with standard color options such as White and Black mostly. The ones who are getting a VIN matches are mostly from this standard config build. For my options, such as MSM and 20 inch wheels, it is likely there will be a VIN match - he also checked with his internal tool (they call soft match tool). He said Tesla is working on an updated version of SR to improve the range and that may be launched in next quarter (by June) and that is what his management has updated internally this morning - again, going by Tesla this may get changed and they will confirm this by month end.

In my case, I can keep my order but there will not be any match found until an updated version of SR (if) is launched, if that is not the case, i will be notified by end of this month to either cancel or change my order to the ones that is available.

I don't know how much of it is true but based on other forums and FB posts, this is likely the case.

Here is the update I got from speaking with couple of customer care agents and they both provided same answers ..

SR MY 7 seater option - they have very limited produced from the factory before it got discontinued and that too with standard color options such as White and Black mostly. The ones who are getting a VIN matches are mostly from this standard config build. For my options, such as MSM and 20 inch wheels, it is likely there will be a VIN match - he also checked with his internal tool (they call soft match tool). He said Tesla is working on an updated version of SR to improve the range and that may be launched in next quarter (by June) and that is what his management has updated internally this morning - again, going by Tesla this may get changed and they will confirm this by month end.

In my case, I can keep my order but there will not be any match found until an updated version of SR (if) is launched, if that is not the case, i will be notified by end of this month to either cancel or change my order to the ones that is available.

I don't know how much of it is true but based on other forums and FB posts, this is likely the case.
Oh man, it's a good news that they are working on MY SR+ and it would be awesome to have that, but I cannot afford to wait that long & it's not confirmed right? I really hope that I receive mine sometime this month.

Oh man, it's a good news that they are working on MY SR+ and it would be awesome to have that, but I cannot afford to wait that long & it's not confirmed right? I really hope that I receive mine sometime this month.
Same here, can't wait that long and moreover knowing Tesla they might delay it further or may not even work on this SR+ model. I am thinking if I should update my order to LR considering SR+ could be anywhere 3-4K expensive than SR so that brings about difference of 5-6K for LR model. Need to give lot of thought about it. :(

Same here, can't wait that long and moreover knowing Tesla they might delay it further or may not even work on this SR+ model. I am thinking if I should update my order to LR considering SR+ could be anywhere 3-4K expensive than SR so that brings about difference of 5-6K for LR model. Need to give lot of thought about it. :(
I would just go for LR if I were in US, but here in Canada, the difference between SR and LR is just too big. I did my calculation and I would be paying over $1k/month for LR and it's not something I can afford. I just emailed my SA and hope to get some confirmative answers.

Agreed ... I already sold my car for trade in with a hope of getting SR. I made another LR order and called customer care to check the estimated delivery date using the soft tool, guess what, they said I could be matched by March 10th. Also, there is no guarantee of SR+ of coming in June and even if it does, Tesla's promise of delivery would be another 2-3 months, I don't have any hopes Tesla can meet their promises.

If yours has standard specs then there is a high chance of your vehicle getting matched - call customer care and ask if they match your vehicle using soft tool.

Just saw a post in tesla forums that someone got a call to cancel their SR 7 order, this config as same as mine except for the color to Deep blue.

Agreed ... I already sold my car for trade in with a hope of getting SR. I made another LR order and called customer care to check the estimated delivery date using the soft tool, guess what, they said I could be matched by March 10th. Also, there is no guarantee of SR+ of coming in June and even if it does, Tesla's promise of delivery would be another 2-3 months, I don't have any hopes Tesla can meet their promises.

If yours has standard specs then there is a high chance of your vehicle getting matched - call customer care and ask if they match your vehicle using soft tool.

Just saw a post in tesla forums that someone got a call to cancel their SR 7 order, this config as same as mine except for the color to Deep blue.
My only options are black and white interior and 7-seat (whte ext). I also notified my SA that I can also take black interior as well. Hopefully this will get me one.

So I guess since I ordered White/Black/19s/noFSD I’ll just wait and hope?
Some customer reps are really good at using their tools .. call and have them do a soft match for you to get an estimate. If you're following reddit or FB groups, you would see ppl with paid color options are asked to change their configuration to find a match. I have not officially gotten any call but I was told when I spoke to a customer rep.

What customer care number are we talking here to contact tesla and check on soft tool match? is the local SA? Or some remote advisor? My local SA has no clue. He said, i would know much earlier than he would know.

Some customer reps are really good at using their tools .. call and have them do a soft match for you to get an estimate. If you're following reddit or FB groups, you would see ppl with paid color options are asked to change their configuration to find a match. I have not officially gotten any call but I was told when I spoke to a customer rep.

Can I ask how you reached a customer rep? Are you referring to a Sales Advisor in a local store or did you find a central phone number to call? I'm strugling to find a way to contact them regarding an order other than my SA (helpful guy for sure but he didn't seem to have access to any soft match tool). I'm in Canada if that matters. Thanks!

I have found that no matter how sneaky I try to be when I call in or chat, I always get sent to my SA, and when/if he answers, like others have said is very nice, but he says he is not familiar with any soft match tools or any other such tools that will help me get an ETA. The fact that other SA's know things really makes me wonder if some of them just make stuff up to sound like they are in the know, or if other dont read the emails sent out to notify them of updates and tools available for their use. I also understand that you can still order a MY SR you just have to go to dealership or call a dealership, they just took it down from the website...