Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Model Y 7 seater waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh wow no way! How unfortunate, sorry to hear that. I wasn’t told any of this. My expected delivery shows as next week? How was the overall condition of the vehicle , did you get to take a look?
Pretty good I am not a fan of the new center console. It looks cheap for some reason. I wish they would have kept it the same but with a matte finish instead of glossy. Other than that and the excessive error messages on the screen it seemed fine. It's a March build by the way.

Pretty good I am not a fan of the new center console. It looks cheap for some reason. I wish they would have kept it the same but with a matte finish instead of glossy. Other than that and the excessive error messages on the screen it seemed fine. It's a March build by the way.
Wow thank you! Did you get matched to another SR? I feel like this major incident should be reported to me. The previous car I was matched with had paint issues that were corrected. I was notified and they deducted 1k from the price .

Wow thank you! Did you get matched to another SR? I feel like this major incident should be reported to me. The previous car I was matched with had paint issues that were corrected. I was notified and they deducted 1k from the price .
No there are no other 7 seater model Y's as of right now. Unless someone doesn't follow through with one then I can't get another one. So basically *sugar* out of luck. They are working with me on a demo LR. They handled the situation excellently. I am suffering with a loaner performance Model Y now ;)

I ordered a SR 7-seater, White with Black interior. My SA just called me today saying that she has an SR 7-seater, White and White interior. I have small kids, so I would prefer Black interior.
My concern is if there are anymore SR 7 seater being built.
Should I take it or let it go?

I ordered a SR 7-seater, White with Black interior. My SA just called me today saying that she has an SR 7-seater, White and White interior. I have small kids, so I would prefer Black interior.
My concern is if there are anymore SR 7 seater being built.
Should I take it or let it go?
I have a Model X with a white interior. I also have 4 kids 5 and under. It cleans up very nicely and it's beautiful.

There are two MY with 7 seats showing in the Phoenix, AZ inventory this morning. Go for them.
Looks like they’re gone now.
Just checked and they are still there. They are demo units. The link below may work.

There are two MY with 7 seats showing in the Phoenix, AZ inventory this morning. Go for them.

Just checked and they are still there. They are demo units. The link below may work.
Are they standard range?

What is the first name of your SA in Vancouver? I'd like to confirm this through mine too. Thanks!
Has anyone else been told that SR 7-seaters are delayed until April? I imagine they’re pushing the more expensive models for the end of quarter to bump their margins. Small part of me hopes it will result in some sort of improvement in the SRs produced in April though. New headlights or HEPA or even improved range somehow.

Has anyone else been told that SR 7-seaters are delayed until April? I imagine they’re pushing the more expensive models for the end of quarter to bump their margins. Small part of me hopes it will result in some sort of improvement in the SRs produced in April though. New headlights or HEPA or even improved range somehow.
I doubt they are delayed until April considering the one I was supposed to take delivery on was a March 2021 build. That would imply they are in production. Also, I worry that given the short time it was available and now that it's discontinued it won't see many software efficiency improvements. We know that the torque curves and power profiles are different from the Model 3 & Model Y because of the increased weight and size. So I don't know if an efficiency improvement for the Model 3 SR+ will directly translate as an efficiency improvement for the Model Y SR. I could be wrong but in general, when it comes to software you support the largest userbase or highest paying customer first. I don't think either one of those is true for the standard range model Y at this point. (assuming they return in the future).

Last edited:
It seems my SA has no clue. sometime they say they are not producing SR anymore and sometime they say existing orders will be fulfilled. Its frustrating. WhyTF they don't give a concrete information?. Either they deliver or don't. Paying deposit, running credit enquiry and waiting is frustrating.

Reactions: 5abi
It seems my SA has no clue. sometime they say they are not producing SR anymore and sometime they say existing orders will be fulfilled. Its frustrating. WhyTF they don't give a concrete information?. Either they deliver or don't. Paying deposit, running credit enquiry and waiting is frustrating.
I’m not paying for deposit till delivery day. I agree it’s frustrating, holding off payment to the last minute