Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Model Y 7 seater waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s a slim chance someone who got matched a vin will reject one to delay delivery so your SA maybe able to match you to one soon. Still sounds fishy to me. If it was an inventory vehicle at a dealership that was being shipped to you it would have been driven onto a truck at Fremont then shipped then driven off and sat on a lot for a couple weeks before you were matched to it. Seems like the bad battery would have been discovered before that. Almost sounds like a “uh oh we sold that to someone else, tell them something that sounds legit. A bad battery or something.” It would be interesting to check the vin in a couple months to see if it was registered somewhere.

I think I'm locked to opening a new thread so let me add on here... at the end of the year when I need a car im considering a MY AWD...what is this new battery everyone keeps talking about? Thanks all
Google is your friend. Search for Tesla structural battery. Or Tesla battery day 2020.

Green act even if passed this year would likely start Tax Year 2022. Unless they could push it through before June 30 to start July 1. I’d guess the IRS would want it to be start of a new year and good for 1 year increments until it tapers off at the 400k mark. Much easier for tax filing.

And if you want a SR, might as well join the LR RWD group waiting forever. Do what most of them wished they’d done. Put your down payment into Tesla stock now and you’ll likely be able to sell it and pay for the vehicle by the time you can order one. Or you'll at least make the $9k to upgrade to AWD.

Google is your friend. Search for Tesla structural battery. Or Tesla battery day 2020.

Green act even if passed this year would likely start Tax Year 2022. Unless they could push it through before June 30 to start July 1. I’d guess the IRS would want it to be start of a new year and good for 1 year increments until it tapers off at the 400k mark. Much easier for tax filing.

And if you want a SR, might as well join the LR RWD group waiting forever. Do what most of them wished they’d done. Put your down payment into Tesla stock now and you’ll likely be able to sell it and pay for the vehicle by the time you can order one. Or you'll at least make the $9k to upgrade to AWD.
yep I've been looking at it, the new 4680, interesting.I'll stay close to the board to see if folks say they have started using it

There’s a slim chance someone who got matched a vin will reject one to delay delivery so your SA maybe able to match you to one soon. Still sounds fishy to me. If it was an inventory vehicle at a dealership that was being shipped to you it would have been driven onto a truck at Fremont then shipped then driven off and sat on a lot for a couple weeks before you were matched to it. Seems like the bad battery would have been discovered before that. Almost sounds like a “uh oh we sold that to someone else, tell them something that sounds legit. A bad battery or something.” It would be interesting to check the vin in a couple months to see if it was registered somewhere.
My SA informed me more SR are being shipped from Fremont to LA. I was attempting to cancel my order as the only car I’d take is an SR. They suggested holding off for at least 10 days as they think I can get a match .

10 days puts you after the end of quarter rush. That means they are either making them this week or they intend to start up after the end of the quarter. Neither of these follows that they will only be available “off menu” now. I think your SA is blowing smoke assuming some people will reject them at end of quarter and they will be reassigned.

10 days puts you after the end of quarter rush. That means they are either making them this week or they intend to start up after the end of the quarter. Neither of these follows that they will only be available “off menu” now. I think your SA is blowing smoke assuming some people will reject them at end of quarter and they will be reassigned.
I totally agree with you. But I sold my car last week, already had a vin assigned too. Now I’m in a bad position . I’ve tried canceling and they keep telling me to wait. Don’t have much of a choice. Find it hard to justify paying 14k more for LR plus 7 seats :(

I totally agree with you. But I sold my car last week, already had a vin assigned too. Now I’m in a bad position . I’ve tried canceling and they keep telling me to wait. Don’t have much of a choice. Find it hard to justify paying 14k more for LR plus 7 seats :(
Theyve told you that you can’t cancel? It’s up to you if you have other options. And how do,you figure $14k? It should be $11k at most, if not $10k. You might be able to get them to honor the LR price for when you reserved the SR. The $3k extra for 7 seats is the same for both trims is it not?

Update : my SR 7 f”got canceled due to bad battery. Someone else mentioned they were scheduled to receive this vehicle but couldn’t due to battery issue. Now I’m out of a car completely:(. Not sure why it even got listed

When the "undelivered" that Model Y from me, it was automatically put back into the system for purchase. Since it was the end of the day, I believe they forgot to flag it for its issues.

Theyve told you that you can’t cancel? It’s up to you if you have other options. And how do,you figure $14k? It should be $11k at most, if not $10k. You might be able to get them to honor the LR price for when you reserved the SR. The $3k extra for 7 seats is the same for both trims is it not?
MY SR 7 seater was 48k with CA $1500 rebate . MY LR is 60k.
When the "undelivered" that Model Y from me, it was automatically put back into the system for purchase. Since it was the end of the day, I believe they forgot to flag it for its issues.
what’s the update on your end? Any ViN assigned to you?

No I was the one who ordered this vehicle. Literally watched the show room and the day the truck arrived I scheduled pickup. The battery failed on the supercharger and was rendered unchargeable thus needing a replacement. It did not sit on the lot for more than a few hours since I needed a vehicle I was all over watching for it to arrive.

I ended up purchasing a demo LR at a discount. I am very glad I did too. The acceleration in the LR feels similar to my Model 3 SR+ I sold. I wouldn't have been happy with the acceleration of the Model Y SR.
Nice!! Was this one you found from existing inventory online? I’m out of a car right now. Not sure if I should bite the bullet and get the LR. Is your LR also a 7 seater?

Nice!! Was this one you found from existing inventory online? I’m out of a car right now. Not sure if I should bite the bullet and get the LR. Is your LR also a 7 seater?
Yes, it is a 7 seater. I can confirm all 4 kids and their car seats (1 infant & 3 forward facing) fit. It was one that they had at my local showroom. If you can find a demo at a discount it's worth it. I ended up paying about $168 per mile of range on the demo LR vs $186 per mile of range on the SR (This is what I used to justify the additional cost 🤣). I don't know what vehicle you had before but the LR acceleration (without the acceleration boost) is on par with the SR+ Model 3.

Well a little bit of news from my SA - My 1/20 order of SR RWD MY7 Blue/Black Gemini, no hitch, no FDC - After initially telling me that we'd get the car before the end of March, she now says that we will get the car, but most likely not till May and maybe closer to the end of it. She says, Blue, gray and Red will not be produced till after the quarter is over. Only Black and white is coming off the line till then. She offered to change the color of the car and refund the $1000 color fee, and promised a vehicle would be matched before April 15th. However, we really want the blue, so we're sticking with the original order.

Reactions: asaulo1