Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Not Plus Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SR deliveries keep getting delayed, thought it would be nice to have a seperate thread.

When will we see one? Anyone have a VIN?

When did you order?

Let us know how your orders are progressing!

SR, ordered on 2/28
Long time reservation holder

No VIN yet, got the text 3/22 that a delivery date was set for 3/29. Got another text yesterday saying that delivery was “delayed”.

I also called Tesla today, they still say that do not know when the delivery will be. They also stated that they don’t know why the delivery text went out Friday and was rescinded.

SR, ordered on 2/28
Long time reservation holder

No VIN yet, got the text 3/22 that a delivery date was set for 3/29. Got another text yesterday saying that delivery was “delayed”.

I also called Tesla today, they still say that do not know when the delivery will be. They also stated that they don’t know why the delivery text went out Friday and was rescinded.
Same for me in Hawaii — feeling played, regretting.......

Mentioned this is the SR+ waiting topic as well, but I suspect that Tesla may be pushing to get as many higher-margin SR+ deliveries done as possible before the end of March, which marks the end of the quarter. This is only speculation, of course, but it would make sense that they would want to reflect the best profit numbers they could. If such is actually the case, hopefully it means we might actually see the rare and elusive SR being produced in early April. That is my hope at least.

Located in SoCal, 2016-03-31 res holder, ordered Pearl White SR on 2019-03-01.
Got the text about a 3/30 delivery and the same cancellation message on Sunday that others have seen.
As well, I also got the obligatory "upsell to SR+" phone call this afternoon, but I want the textile seats, so SR+ is not an option.

This is only speculation, of course, but it would make sense that they would want to reflect the best profit numbers they could. If such is actually the case, hopefully it means we might actually see the rare and elusive SR being produced in early April. That is my hope at least.

I would hope so too. But this is such a underhanded tactic to pull on consumers. Why take orders & set a delivery time frame for SR if the intention was push SR+ only up through Q1? Was it so they could claim meeting the goal of delivering the $35k version? I want them to be more transparent with what is actually available and deliverable (with updates for those that have made the orders). Its becoming more and more bait and switchy.

...seat material...
This. Textile seating is a must. If there was an SR+ with textile seat options, I would have considered it.
I got delayed too. Just got a call for the up sale. Sale rep stated SR+ Will be available in 2 weeks. SR will be push back till June.
If they truly are thinking of a June production, Tesla really needs to change their delivery estimates shown on the website to be accurate.

I’m worried Tesla won’t deliver the $35,000 Model 3 until Q3 (July 1, 2019). That allows them to upsell the SR+ for another three months with the argument that an SR+ with the $3,750 tax credit is nearly the same price as a SR with $1,875 tax credit.

The whole “$35,000 Model 3 is now available” announcement back in February is BS. It was really an announcement for the SR+.

Also I’ve been trying to get information from Tesla for weeks about the SR manually-adjustable seats. Literally no one I’ve contacted at Tesla knows if they’ll have lumbar support or seat bottom height/tilt adjustments. Makes you wonder if they’ve even finalized the design yet.

Would be nice if Tesla had an order guide with detailed equipment and specification info instead of a few bullet points on their website.

This. Textile seating is a must. If there was an SR+ with textile seat options, I would have considered it.

If they truly are thinking of a June production, Tesla really needs to change their delivery estimates shown on the website to be accurate.
Other Europe Day4 reservation - it is end of Q1 and my delivery estimate still says EARLY 2019 ... Maybe early 2019 is end of July in Tesla’s terms :))).

2/28 SR order with the same delivery and cancellation experience others have had. I'd be really disappointed in Tesla if that was an intentional fake out. Excited to get the car, but I'll be happy with an April delivery.

I ordered both AP and FSD, so I'm a little surprised I haven't gotten an upsell call. I think Austin has been buying Model 3's like crazy, so maybe there's not many deliveries to spare.

My guess for the SR delay: Homologation. That because the seats, and therefore the restraint system, are different that they have to get re-certified and additional crash testing may be required and Tesla thought they could skip it. (I seem to recall that P100Ds sat at delivery centers for a few weeks while a similar situation got dealt with when they first came out.)

Just to note, with Tesla you really don't know when your car will be ready. Until it is ready. I was one of the first (if not the first) mid-range deliveries. They estimated longer wait at first, then told me the car will be here soon, then estimated it was going to be a while, then the next day they called me at told me the car was 100 miles away on transport, so come get it that afternoon. Since I received my car before others who also ordered mid-range I literally had to post a photo of the mid-range screen on this forum because no one believed me that I got it.

All you can do is sit back and enjoy the show. They will also probably call you to try to sell you solar+power wall.

The only time you can believe their delivery estimate is when they call you to tell you that it is on the floor at the delivery room and they are looking at it, and the VIN matches your invoice. That is when you ask them if they had a chance to inspect it. And detail it. And charged it up. At this point you can head down to take delivery. There is a good chance it will be charged to 40%. And reasonably clean.