Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Not Plus Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, once in a while, they tell you it will rain and it does not. And vice versa. They gave us a delivery estimate and now it is getting delayed. But Tesla have not changed their commitment, otherwise, they should have cancelled all those SR orders already.

I know we are all excited because we know it is a good car for us. For some of us, we already waited a couple years and so what is probably more few more weeks? Relax. Maybe checking this forum and or stop reading all the posts saying they just got their SR+ cars. It is coming guys, hang in there.

• Funny
Reactions: cwerdna
IIRC Elon said that SR production would not ramp up until June. He is usually optimistic.
I know the web ordering pages were misleading on all configurations.
However I suspect that volume shipments on the SR will be at the end of next quarter, not this one.
Still a ton of people waiting for SR+, so I think that will still be the bulk of April production.

Worth the wait IMO.

I wanted the cloth seats, but gave in to a SR+ upsell. They charged me $2500 even though I had made my SR reservation on day one under the old pricing.

Got there yesterday and there was paint problems. I asked for a Due Bill to get the problem in writing and they basically said NO and the damage would not be fixed. Take it or leave it. I walked.

I called Tesla on Friday. The sales rep said "You are the one with the standard model?". He didn't have a delivery timeline for me. Originally online it said I would receive the car today, but now it says I will receive it within 2 weeks.

Hopefully you get your SR soon. I think they are squeezing all the reservation holders to eek out the SR+ upsells for at least the end of the quarter push. They may still squeeze and that will delay your SR delivery.

I called Tesla on Friday. The sales rep said "You are the one with the standard model?". He didn't have a delivery timeline for me. Originally online it said I would receive the car today, but now it says I will receive it within 2 weeks.

The one
with the standard model? Haha. Subtle psychological upsell trick there?

Last edited:
A Tesla representative just replied to my inquiries that the new timeline was to start delivering the standard models in May 2019. That is cutting it close to the June tax credit cliff, and Tesla is taking down payments on the cars now, in addition to the reservation fees three years ago. But I wouldn't be surprised to see a huge push of standard model deliveries then. Otherwise, Tesla is risking media criticism and cancel orders.

• Informative
Reactions: Reeler
I just hope we get our cars by June for the tax credit. Its still pretty stupid that they told us 2-4 weeks on 02/28, Tesla needs to learn how to plan better. Hell, my reservation still says 2-4 weeks from order placed which is complete bull lol.

Reactions: colettimj
I just hope we get our cars by June for the tax credit. Its still pretty stupid that they told us 2-4 weeks on 02/28, Tesla needs to learn how to plan better. Hell, my reservation still says 2-4 weeks from order placed which is complete bull lol.

Typical bait-and-switch stuff Tesla does all the time. You will start getting hounded by them to accept a SR+ or something more expensive.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden