Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Not Plus Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When they upgrade your software to but include autopilot, they'll make you pay 3k to be able to use the fsd you already paid for. The free autopilot is pretty much in everybody's SR currently and it just something they haven't gotten around to updating. I bought the sr + and my brother bought the sr without autopilot. Our cars are identical right now except for vin lol
Thanks for your response. To clarify, you’re saying that even if I don’t do anything I “will” get AP until they decide to disable it via a future S/W update? And even if I get FSD for 5k it will only be enabled if I paid them additional 3k at some point?

Thanks for your response. To clarify, you’re saying that even if I don’t do anything I “will” get AP until they decide to disable it via a future S/W update? And even if I get FSD for 5k it will only be enabled if I paid them additional 3k at some point?
I would just push them to give you AP for free for the deal of the year.
Not many SR buyers will pay $5000 for FSD.

No...so here’s how this is working for me right now...

I was told that the AP included page did mean I would have it on my car at delivery. The monroney sticker fro my car also shows AP on the options list, but it is non-existent at this point. I’ve been told that was a mistake, and that it would not be included unless I choose to pay for it. I’ve asked them to escalate the issue, but now I’m hearing nothing back from anyone at the SC.

My car is returnable through Friday, if I don’t hear anything back by then or get an agreeable resolution, they can have it back and sell it at a discount to someone else.

Others in the same situation have received a $3k bill after clicking the button to upgrade to free AP, and only a handful have actually received it at no cost. There is absolutely no way in hell Tesla doesn’t know about this issue, and hasn’t taken the time to correct it, especially as quickly as they can make other changes on their website.

No...so here’s how this is working for me right now...

I was told that the AP included page did mean I would have it on my car at delivery. The monroney sticker fro my car also shows AP on the options list, but it is non-existent at this point. I’ve been told that was a mistake, and that it would not be included unless I choose to pay for it. I’ve asked them to escalate the issue, but now I’m hearing nothing back from anyone at the SC.

My car is returnable through Friday, if I don’t hear anything back by then or get an agreeable resolution, they can have it back and sell it at a discount to someone else.

Others in the same situation have received a $3k bill after clicking the button to upgrade to free AP, and only a handful have actually received it at no cost. There is absolutely no way in hell Tesla doesn’t know about this issue, and hasn’t taken the time to correct it, especially as quickly as they can make other changes on their website.
Tesla's thinking with including free trials are no different than drug dealers, they get you hooked on free crap and then take it away and now that you are hooked on it, if you want it bad enough, you are going to buy it now.
It's not a mistake , it's a tactful method of getting you hooked on it.
It will hurt resale value on the SR + because there are such a mixmatch of options in them, that black books, red books etc won't know how to rate them and will rate them at the lowest which would be the SR.
No different then the paint , it costs large to add color other than black. Private buyers and car buyers don't care, they can simply paint it at a cheaper price so that extra price to pay for color is waisted money.
I'm happy cuz I prefer the black color and usually other car makers charge more for black.
I might personally plasti dip mine, once I get it, cuz if I resell it, I will simply remove the plastidip and have a brand new paint underneath .I did it on a Harley and it worked out well cuz I essentially have a brand new paint when I sell it.

Remember that all SR cars are really SR+ cars that have not been downgraded via software yet. Since SR+ includes AP, the cost of FSD is $5,000.

If you request to downgrade your SR+ to an SR for $35K, you have no longer paid for AP. So now you need to pay $3K for AP and $5K for FSD.

So the $5K price being shown on your order is correct for now, since the car is still showing as an SR+.

Can a just recent SR owner who at delivery had 240 mile range, heated front seats and immersive sound active. Can you confirm that after updated to the latest software that immersive sound has been deactivated, Range lowered to 220 miles but heated front seats still working?

there is a a lot of conflicting posts

Ordered SR 4/9 (two days before lineup changes)
Rec'd Delivery Appointment 4/16
Took Delivery 4/19 (SR+ upgraded interior)

I think I just got lucky.

However, I'm on a totally obscure software version (2019.7.102 82596dc — 1 of 4 cars in the entire fleet apparently, according to TeslaFi). Unsure if/when an update will be pushed over LTE? I have a service appointment in 3 weeks for the update to take place, since I don't have a strong enough WiFi signal to reach my car parked on the street.

you got the new HW3 (FSD computer). people said the new computer can not use the new firmware yet. So, they have this software version. What vin number do you have?

What’s your VIN?

Mine is 332xxx

VIN doesn’t matter here, I’ve seen some LR AWD cars with VINs starting in the 2xxxxx range that had HW3. I don’t believe Tesla registers VIN numbers in the order cars come off the assembly line as some would suspect.

Easiest way to identify a HW3 car is by the software revision. At this time, 7.102 and 7.105 are HW3 cars. In the future, I’m sure the software revisions will match across both models (I believe 2019.12 is HW3 compatible), but for now they have unique software.

• Informative
Reactions: ishareit
Can a just recent SR owner who at delivery had 240 mile range, heated front seats and immersive sound active. Can you confirm that after updated to the latest software that immersive sound has been deactivated, Range lowered to 220 miles but heated front seats still working?

I have a software update pending...but if this is the case, not sure I'd want to now. The thought did occur to me that they might remove those features.

I'm extremely curious as well and it's the million dollar question about the SR, since the announcement was written so poorly and so much conflicting information exists.