Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Not Plus Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any standard range owners take delivery this weekend? I heard 5/19 builds for Standard Range have software 2019.7.106 and fog lights have been disabled. Anybody else seeing that?

Picked up SR yesterday (was told it was built 5/6) and it came with 2019.7.106. No option for fog lights on the touchscreen.
View attachment 406888

Interesting...

Model 3 SR with 2019.7.106. Build date 5/19 delivered on the 8th. I "do" have the Fog Lamp option and they also work as expected.

AP is available on the SR, you just have to pay for it. Here is the latest feature comparison chart Tesla has been sharing:

View attachment 406626

It doesn't list the other features like range and acceleration.

Interesting. I thought the SR didn't have 8 speakers. Cool

Heated front seats standard. Cool

"Premium engineered black or white seat material. Check."

It says that White seats are available on the SR

Has anyone actually ordered an SR with white seats?

Has anyone actually ordered an SR with white seats?

Yes, a number of people have ordered an SR or SR+ with the white interior and several have recently posted in the last few days that they have now either taken delivery or been assigned a VIN. My friend placed an order for a White/White SR last week and is waiting for a VIN. It appears that the wait for these cars is running longer than ones with the black interior but anywhere from 4-8 weeks seems to be the norm. Canadians have been waiting much longer than those in the US.

Reactions: AdamMacDon and Mr X
Not sure what is the added up part. The heated front seat is in both SR and SR+. You only lose ~20 mile and little better sound. You paid the AP in the SR+. it is not free.

So, people needs to decide 1500 is it worth after you get the AP for both car. The current AP is just better cruise control. you can not do navigation on autopilot, no lane change.

I went in an ordered my M3 yesterday. I asked again about heated front seats and even showed the rep the checklist. He and another rep stated again that the heated front seat do not come with the SR. They had customers that bought the SR. They had the heated fs for awhile but then got disabled. The reps claim Tesla will turn them off on SR at some point.

So, I would not count on fog lamps and heated front seats for the SR. Some may slip by, I don’t know.

I went in an ordered my M3 yesterday. I asked again about heated front seats and even showed the rep the checklist. He and another rep stated again that the heated front seat do not come with the SR. They had customers that bought the SR. They had the heated fs for awhile but then got disabled. The reps claim Tesla will turn them off on SR at some point.

So, I would not count on fog lamps and heated front seats for the SR. Some may slip by, I don’t know.

This doesn’t make any sense. You show a Tesla salesperson a Tesla generated document stating that heated seats are included in the SR and he tells you that the document is wrong? Try calling the main number and asking someone at the call center the same question. I’m confident the salespeople you are speaking with have no idea what they are talking about.

Reactions: Mr X
This doesn’t make any sense. You show a Tesla salesperson a Tesla generated document stating that heated seats are included in the SR and he tells you that the document is wrong? Try calling the main number and asking someone at the call center the same question. I’m confident the salespeople you are speaking with have no idea what they are talking about.

I did just that. And they said I think so and referred me to my local sales rep. Who is right and who is wrong I don't know. I am just saying that it is not a guarantee that it comes with the SR. It is still a good deal regardless. But I the extra .3, AP, distance, and (possibly) heated seats was enough for me to get the sr+. But I almost went with the sr!

I did just that. And they said I think so and referred me to my local sales rep. Who is right and who is wrong I don't know. I am just saying that it is not a guarantee that it comes with the SR. It is still a good deal regardless. But I the extra .3, AP, distance, and (possibly) heated seats was enough for me to get the sr+. But I almost went with the sr!

Did Tesla confirm that the SR is really .3 slower? The old SR spec showed the reduced acceleration but that was before it became a software locked SR+.

What was the total ending price with your purchase with taxes and fees? I know it varies by state, but I just want ballpark view of what to expect!! Thanks!!

My state doesn't give extra refund but it is tax free - so no sales tax on my model 3 and I quality the 3750 federal tax refund. You need to add 1200 + license plate registration fee.

so, my real total after refund is around 34K.

SR

tesla-model-3-standard-range-1-1212x800.jpg

vs.

Mid Range

Tesla-Model-3-mid-range-specs-and-pricing.png

So SR has same 0-60 as Mid Range. I drove a Mid Range recently and that thing hauled ass with 3 people in the car. We all know Tesla undermines the 0-60's

So SR has same 0-60 as Mid Range. I drove a Mid Range recently and that thing hauled ass with 3 people in the car. We all know Tesla undermines the 0-60's

You can't use PRE speed bump advertised numbers on MR to compare against POST speed bump SR advertised numbers.

MR will be a little faster than SR+ and longer as well - due to higher base SoC levels.

Tesla underreports the lower trim 0-60 not the higher.

With rollout for 3P and without for the rest is pretty shady but I get it.

Last edited:
Anyone here who has received delivery of SR (not plus) with AP? Do you see Summon and other EAP/FSD features?

we have SR with Autopilot. The current Autopilot for any trim is the same - no difference between the trim. The current autopilot is just auto steer, accelerate and brake - that all. All these feature was in Enhanced auto pilot but now merge to the FSD which you need to pay 6K before the delivery and 8K after it.

To me, it won't worth any 6K or 8K until Tesla prove it is really Full self driving.

The current auto pilot is doing enough for me. One point if you turn on the change lane signal, the auto steer will disengage and you need to re-enable.

we have SR with Autopilot. The current Autopilot for any trim is the same - no difference between the trim. The current autopilot is just auto steer, accelerate and brake - that all. All these feature was in Enhanced auto pilot but now merge to the FSD which you need to pay 6K before the delivery and 8K after it.

To me, it won't worth any 6K or 8K until Tesla prove it is really Full self driving.

The current auto pilot is doing enough for me. One point if you turn on the change lane signal, the auto steer will disengage and you need to re-enable.
Thanks. Do you have HW3?

I will think the opposite. Tesla wants you to think SR is no love and it is better deal to get SR+. SR can get Autopilot for 3K that is 38K vs 39.5K for SR+. You are paying a premium - 1.5K for the 20 miles , 0.30 second acceleration and little better sound. When they need approval to get you from SR+ to SR because they can control how many they can make in a quarter. Obvious SR+ give tesla more profit than SR.

In the ICE car world people would consider $1500 for .3 sec faster 0-60 (alone) a reasonable price.