Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Not Plus Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't even make sense of their latest announcement. So all cars come with autopilot now, thanks to a $2K price increase? So is the base SR now $37K? Or is there some super secret way to order it without autopilot at the original, promised $35K price?

"Software limited SR+" should read, "An SR+ we're losing money on", since all the equipment is still built into the car.

So for those of us who ordered the SR (I ordered on 02/28), basically we are getting a free upgrade to a SR+ but with a software limited battery? Right?

That's what it sounds like. You guys are getting a pretty amazing deal since if your pack is SW limited you can basically charge it to 100% on a daily basis if needed for your commute, so the only range impact is when taking long distance trips where you might have done a 100% charge.

Tesla is basically selling you a car at cost.

Reactions: pjoseph
Every SR buyer who ordered the $35K model with no options should be rushing to take delivery of their car before Elon changes his mind again. $35K for a software locked SR+ is a screaming deal. It makes me want to buy another M3 just to take advantage of it, but we already have two so I guess we’ll have to miss out on this deal. Don’t expect this offer to be around for very long.

Reactions: finally_adult
Is it fair to say you can get a software range limited SR+ with Autopilot enabled for $35K plus $1200 delivery before any other options? The range limit would be 220 miles vs 240 miles or about 9% of the range, which is great for battery life. If so that is a great deal, but I really wanted the cloth seats.

Reactions: pjoseph
Some time ago in another thread, @GigaGrunt suggested that SR and SR+ are the same battery pack. To me, this suggests that SR being a SR+ has always been the plan.

^^ This.

Both the SR and the SR+ were announced at the same time, yet mysteriously Tesla only applied for certification for the SR+, which it has. If Tesla ever had any intention of producing the SR, they would have certified it at the same time.

This is classic bait-and-switch, they used the last couple months to upsell SR folks into an SR+, and the few that held out are being given what is for all practicaly purposes an SR+ with a couple things deactivated, at a loss, just to get them off Tesla's back. As soon as all current SR orders are all delivered, the SR will be axed.

Reactions: finally_adult
^^ This.

Both the SR and the SR+ were announced at the same time, yet mysteriously Tesla only applied for certification for the SR+, which it has. If Tesla ever had any intention of producing the SR, they would have certified it at the same time.

This is classic bait-and-switch, they used the last couple months to upsell SR folks into an SR+, and the few that held out are being given what is for all practicaly purposes an SR+ with a couple things deactivated, at a loss, just to get them off Tesla's back. As soon as all current SR orders are all delivered, the SR will be axed.
Tesla is selling you a car for 35k. They are delivering more than they promised. A software limited battery pack is better than a smaller but not limited pack. This is a big win for those that stuck to getting a SR car.

I have a SR order from 2/28 - I’ve called Tesla asi am tired of the mid information etc.

Spoke to one person in delivery and one in sales. They both claim that the cloth interior SR is still being produced. Based off the conversations with them it is clear that no one within Tesla is informed about the SR.

After reading the press release last night it was pretty clear that the SR will be a software limited SR+ - but no one can confirm that.

Has anyone gotten actual confirmation of what the SR will actually be?

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
E823429D-71E7-443C-8D07-E04275B0ECF9.png
I did.