Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Not Plus Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't take a picture but when I got my car the energy graph had a spike that was off the chart. It has scrolled off now. If you haven't driven far yet, check the energy graph. I wonder if this is from a normal post-manufacture test or if this is someone having way too much fun with my car!

Ordering the Standard Range. I'm looking to buy in a few weeks but the Adviser is not that helpful. I notice that they have inventory SR+ online. Can I order that and get it unlocked to an SR without Autopilot? How does the refund work? My OA says only SR can be without Autopilot. But I'm downgrading it to an SR doesn't that mean I cannot have AP?

For those who got their SR, how did you order it? Was it through the off-menu process? Did they match you with an SR+ but will software lock it later or is it an SR? T

Finally pickup up our new SR- today. The monroney sticker said it was a + and the car info screen said + as well. Contrary to what I have read, the heated front seats work, as well as having an immersive sound option. 4 USB ports with 1 USB-C and 1 Lightning cable. There is no streaming music. No floor mats. No live traffic. No satellite maps. No browser. No auto garage door. Fog lights are installed but don't work (at least in the day, will test tonight). I've yet to charge to full to check the range. Just updated the software to 8.5. It's so fun to drive with lots of pep compared to my old Mazda Protege 5.

Reactions: S'toon
Ordering the Standard Range. I'm looking to buy in a few weeks but the Adviser is not that helpful. I notice that they have inventory SR+ online. Can I order that and get it unlocked to an SR without Autopilot? How does the refund work? My OA says only SR can be without Autopilot. But I'm downgrading it to an SR doesn't that mean I cannot have AP?

For those who got their SR, how did you order it? Was it through the off-menu process? Did they match you with an SR+ but will software lock it later or is it an SR? T

I paid the $2500 to start a SR+ order online. Got in touch with the local person here in Austin - who did the test drive with me - and told him that I wanted to convert my order to an SR with AP (those were his instructions). Later that day I was contacted by a delivery person from Las Vegas and my reservation page was showing SR with AP. There was no refund, and all the changes were done before delivery (which hasn't happened yet) and before paying anything beyond the initial $2500.

Finally pickup up our new SR- today. The monroney sticker said it was a + and the car info screen said + as well. Contrary to what I have read, the heated front seats work, as well as having an immersive sound option. 4 USB ports with 1 USB-C and 1 Lightning cable. There is no streaming music. No floor mats. No live traffic. No satellite maps. No browser. No auto garage door. Fog lights are installed but don't work (at least in the day, will test tonight). I've yet to charge to full to check the range. Just updated the software to 8.5. It's so fun to drive with lots of pep compared to my old Mazda Protege 5.

Charged for the first time last night up to 90% capacity. Turns out the range of this SR- is the same as the SR+. We'll see if Tesla gimps this car in the future.

• Helpful
Reactions: Leafdriver333
I paid the $2500 to start a SR+ order online. Got in touch with the local person here in Austin - who did the test drive with me - and told him that I wanted to convert my order to an SR with AP (those were his instructions). Later that day I was contacted by a delivery person from Las Vegas and my reservation page was showing SR with AP. There was no refund, and all the changes were done before delivery (which hasn't happened yet) and before paying anything beyond the initial $2500.

That sounds pretty straightforward. Would you be able to do it without the AP through the same method?

my SR not plus order delivery changed from within 2 weeks to 6-8 weeks just now. 2 months from today ~6/22.
I knew this delivery crap was going to go down.
They will do, there best to upsell you know.
I really thought Tesla was going to be one of the first to not act like other car dealers.
I am second guessing everything now and going to a local car dealer and having the car the next day is starting to look more appeasung, sadly.

Be careful with the delayed date, while you may be getting a HW3, you might also miss out on the tax credit if Tesla can't deliver it by end of June.
Furthermore if you are trading a vehicle, that is almost 3months and your trade value will decrease. So in the end you won't be winning.
I am already denying myself trading my newer car by not driving it. I am limiting myself another 2-3months and without a doubt, wholesalers will decrease the value and Tesla will say, sorry it's out of our hands.
My issue is estimated delivery already is 2-4 weeks but they fully know, they can't accomplish that but will not update their website.
That's not being transparent.

• Helpful
Reactions: Leafdriver333
Ordered SR 4/9 (two days before lineup changes)
Rec'd Delivery Appointment 4/16
Took Delivery 4/19 (SR+ upgraded interior)

I think I just got lucky.

However, I'm on a totally obscure software version (2019.7.102 82596dc — 1 of 4 cars in the entire fleet apparently, according to TeslaFi). Unsure if/when an update will be pushed over LTE? I have a service appointment in 3 weeks for the update to take place, since I don't have a strong enough WiFi signal to reach my car parked on the street.

I just got moved from this Thursday to 5/3 for my SR not plus, so only a week delay. I wonder why there's such a difference between mine and yours. Order date is 2/28 and added AP+FSD, so maybe I got lucky and was prioritized?

I think I threw a wrench in the works by trying to add white interior to my SR. During the confusion around the price changes(~4/12), I put in the request to change them out, and I *think* they said they gave my car to someone else. Then later I was told the SR can't be configured with white interior and got put back in the queue. I might be a unique case.