Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ owners. did you upgrade rear heated seat features over the air?

did you upgrade rear heated seat features over the air

• yes

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • no

Votes: 36 80.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We need another option for “plan to buy”.

I’m going to purchase it later this year. I live in GA and we only have a month or so left of cold temps, so I’ll get it next fall to keep the kiddos’ butts warm when I take them to school.

I’ve also read that the seat warmers heat the interior more efficiently than the vents, so more seat heaters seems like a good thing.

Reactions: Punjabi510
For me, $300 was lower than what I was expecting and I jumped on it right away, so that I could keep my kiddos warm while making the car more efficient in the winter (turning the heat down)! Very happy....I just wish that it had been offered at the beginning of winter. :)

Reactions: BeeGood
Living in Canada in the Toronto area the rear heated seats felt like a worthwhile investment to me!

I purchased the upgrade around 3 days after they released it. I find its great for passengers sitting in the back, seats warm up quick and I dont have to have the fan speed as high either to warm up the car.

It cost me $400CDN here and once i purchased it the update took just around 3 minutes or so. I would definitely purchase again.

Funny thing is I've been on the fence about homelink for a while and still havent purchased it but as soon as i saw this upgrade I pretty much knew I was buying it, didnt really have a con at all except that winter is almost over

I doubt Tesla wants to undermine their FSD package. But you never know, I suppose.

A guy can always dream!

I’m hoping that eventually they decide to offer FSD features a la carte. They could keep the “bundle” and avoid cannibalizing it by saying if you pay the full $7K, everything that comes in the future is added automatically, but still allow everyone else to pay for features individually.

I’d pay for NoA separately to augment autopilot for example.

Considering I was the one that asked Elon, yes yes I did. I actually don’t have passengers in the rear very often, but I felt the price was very reasonable and a weekend with family or friends riding back there certainly would make it more enjoyable for them and help promote the Tesla brand.

(Last thing I want is them going away thinking “the car is nice, but man he barely uses the heat and I was cold the whole time!”)