Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR owners only (NOT SR+) What is your max range at 100% SOC?

SR- range at 100% SOC

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The kw used from my understanding should account for things like the cabin heater and other high voltage output. Not sure if it takes into account the 12v system but the 12v system is charged from the high voltage system so possibly but the 12v system should be a minimal draw. The assumption is that the SR is capped at 50 while the SR+ (our physical battery pack size) is around 54-55kw. At 225 wh/mi and 50kw that equates to 220 miles. SR+ at 54kw and 225 wh/mi is 240 miles.

INTERESTING!ODD: Let's see if i math correctly. From 95% to 5% I used 36kWH. but 90% of 50 is Is 45kwh...where the eff did my other 9kWh go? Picture of proof:

I hate to say this but I think the SR battery is only 40kWh....

Attachments

• 20191017_183441.jpg
    20191017_183441.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 101
INTERESTING!ODD: Let's see if i math correctly. From 95% to 5% I used 36kWH. but 90% of 50 is Is 45kwh...where the eff did my other 9kWh go? Picture of proof:

I hate to say this but I think the SR battery is only 40kWh....

the consumption totals only count driving energy use. The heat, AC, radio, lights, etc don’t impact the consumption calculation.

the consumption totals only count driving energy use. The heat, AC, radio, lights, etc don’t impact the consumption calculation.

If that is the case and depending on temp, the HVAC can easily consume the remaining 9kw. To me though it is not very useful to only measure driving consumption.... Total consumption is much more useable and what I thought the system was measuring.

If that's the case then, yea makes complete sense, the A/C can eat up 2kWh and if I drove for 5 hours that day, that's around 10kW just there. And that would explain the loss. I'll do another comparison in the winter because I won't be using the heat or ac at all.

If that is the case and depending on temp, the HVAC can easily consume the remaining 9kw. To me though it is not very useful to only measure driving consumption.... Total consumption is much more useable and what I thought the system was measuring.

I agree. I wish it showed all consumption. Breaking it down by energy by use time would be awesome but Tesla would be even more inundated with questions about variations lol

I agree. I wish it showed all consumption. Breaking it down by energy by use time would be awesome but Tesla would be even more inundated with questions about variations lol

It shows all consumption, when the car is not in park. If the car is in park it does not count energy use. Which can be significant! But absolutely, the trip meter takes into account HVAC usage - when you are driving!

Reactions: zackmd1
I saw my range plummet overnight when I did my SR+ to SR downgrade. After 15k miles, I was still getting 239 miles at 100%, and it went down to 208 the day I got the downgrade. I’ve highlighted the date of the downgrade and the date of the previous OTA upgrade per TeslaFi.

A month later, I’m showing 207 at 100%, and lucky if I get 200 miles, even with a lifetime average of 221Wh/mi (which is often under 200).
D5120446-B1E2-4D94-9C93-D5BEDFC0872F.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: super20g
I was really hoping an OTA update would resolve this -- after 15k miles of no range loss (my SR+ charged to 238-239 until the day I downgraded to SR 15,000 miles in, at which point I got 208 at 100%), my range loss continues to increase. I'm down to 198 miles at 100%.

I'd be curious to see what happens if you or someone else that has upgraded back to SR+. Did they get it all back since that part should be protected.

Reactions: lateulade
SR+ owner since June 7th here.
I also have 362KM of range.
I dont think it’s degradation. I think it must be related to the cold and we’ll see the range back in summer time.
I’m located in Montreal btw.
I dunno, it could be temporary because of the cold, but here in BC it's usually around 5-10 degrees, we don't get real winters in my city, so I think the ~5% loss might just be normal degradation.