Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR owners only (NOT SR+) What is your max range at 100% SOC?

SR- range at 100% SOC

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SR downgraded before delivery June/2019. Highest charge I’ve seen was at delivery 219......

Never seen that since. We charged to 100% all the time for the first month since that is only 90ish% of the actual battery capacity. This has given us estimates between 206-213 typically.

After getting used to what our driving habits would use energy wise, we only charge to 70 during the week and 90-100 SOC for the weekends.

Reactions: vickh and Cmunny
I've done 100% 3 times. All three were around 214mi.
I typically charge 90% daily which almost always yields between 192-194. I've been below 25% only once. I daily charge on 120V 12A (~5k miles), destination charge 240V =<32A rarely (maybe ~150mi), and supercharged only 3 times ~100kw (around 300mi).

Downgraded from SR+ to SR about a month back. Missed charging to 100% in SR+ config just before downgrade but 80% was always in 190 range. Right after SR, 100% is at 209. Can't be battery degradation. Tesla locked too much capacity. Have been hoping an update will fix it but...

Reactions: hckyplyr
SR+ here. Aero covers off, running between 39-42 psi cold.

In the real world, driving on real interstate / highways at speed (80-90), I seem to get around: 150-190 miles max usable range. I'm hoping that cooler temps will help alleviate the % that appears to go to cooling, killing some range. For me, it is crystal clear that faster highway speeds and climbing grades drain the battery like an old muscle car drains fuel.

PS- Out of the few times I've charged that high for a 'road trip', it said 240-ish miles of range,if I recall. Now I use %, as its way easier for me to estimate real world range in my head via current WH/mi.

Just charged to 100% yesterday. 216 miles reported. Everyone seems to be freaking out about how they have lost range..... Have you ever considered that the reading may be off? Has anyone actually drove from 100% down to 0% and recorded kw used and consumption rate? I doubt anyone has lost range, the car is just reporting less. Whether that is through a deliberate move by Tesla (maybe 0 doesn't actually mean zero anymore) or a software bug, we don't know.

SR+ here. Aero covers off, running between 39-42 psi cold.

In the real world, driving on real interstate / highways at speed (80-90), I seem to get around: 150-190 miles max usable range. I'm hoping that cooler temps will help alleviate the % that appears to go to cooling, killing some range. For me, it is crystal clear that faster highway speeds and climbing grades drain the battery like an old muscle car drains fuel.

PS- Out of the few times I've charged that high for a 'road trip', it said 240-ish miles of range,if I recall. Now I use %, as its way easier for me to estimate real world range in my head via current WH/mi.

Unfortunately you will see much lower range during cold weather than hot weather. Cabin heating in Tesla’s uses much more energy than cooling. Best range is when the weather is 65-75 degrees out.