Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sr+ power increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a little something left in the motor... I figure at least up to the LR RWD specs. The LR RWD is about 200 pounds heavier and should have the same rear motor. It was sold as 0-60 in 5 sec flat where as the SR+ is 5.3.
So as long as the SR+ didn’t have lower QC motors I figure Tesla should be able to upgrade 0.3 seconds and maybe even 0.5 seconds with a little power tweak and that less weight. That would basically put it right at what the AWD was advertised at though so Tesla might worry that would let someone buy the SR+, spend a small amount of money (compared to the SR/AWD difference) and have a car just as fast... (at least on paper, it sounds like real world the AWD was much quicker)

right..
that’s what I was thinking but maybe they can bump something up with the other models to compensate..
then I start to think they’d start to loose some sales on the pricer versions
But if someone wanted awd that would be there option..
so maybe not
Then I started to think about hardware and what they can and can’t do with it
More stresses on drivetrain and etc
But It would be awesome to get some more power
I know for me It would be a lot more fun and that little power increase might be enough to keep me satisfied for a while

I did find it interesting!
Very informative, was a great Video
just what I was looking for
Thank you, Appreciate it

only 275hp to the wheels tho?
I know it’s rated at close to 300hp without powertrain loss
But it feels so much faster!

It’s closer to 290 hp... that test is almost a year old and Tesla released a software update that bumped power by 5% for free.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP