Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR price reduction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 7k tax credits are not only _not_ going to pass in 2021, but they _definitely_ won’t be retroactive if they ever do. They would exist to incentivize the purchase of EVs for those that would otherwise not purchase them. If you’ve already purchased one, you obviously didn’t need that incentive.

The tax credit is very likely to pass in some form. It has good support at all levels. I agree it probably will not be retroactive.

Reactions: cdswm3
It’s not really that bad. I just bought a new BMW X5. Emailed the sales manager what I wanted and he gave me a price including trade in. Emailed a counter that they accepted. Drove to dealer and signed the papers. Did have to meet finance guy. No to everything and out of his office in 5 minutes. Total time at dealer 90 minutes with 1 hour of that being instruction on how things worked and setting up the iPhones as keys ect..
They did ask me to carefully look the car over for any build quality issues. There were zero issues and today after 7 weeks of ownership I still can’t find any.
That's the way I have done with my last three BMW. No problems at all. Ordering a Y SR+ within the next couple of days to replace the present '18 530e (hybrid).

Car pricing is elastic and with the dealer model everybody pays a different price. I found out that people paid significantly less than me on a competing EV, even after a lot of research and negotiation. And then the car’s value proceeded to drop like a rock.

On the positive side Tesla Model 3/Y have had excellent resale value.

• Informative
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia