Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR price reduction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup already took delivery. Wow this already is stacked on top of the FOMO of the potential $7000 tax credit. Horrible timing. Anyone think there will be a resolution? I mean i would take 30,000 free supercharging miles, but if there's no resolution that sucks
I took delivery three weeks ago for the 2k higher price. BUT, I am not complaining. I have owned Teslas for years and realize they are constantly adding new features and moving prices up or down. I figure i got the car with certain attributes for the price i was willing to pay. If things change a few weeks later, so be it. Of course, if will be nice if the $7k Fed tax deduction is retroactive to Jan 1.

I took delivery three weeks ago for the 2k higher price. BUT, I am not complaining. I have owned Teslas for years and realize they are constantly adding new features and moving prices up or down. I figure i got the car with certain attributes for the price i was willing to pay. If things change a few weeks later, so be it. Of course, if will be nice if the $7k Fed tax deduction is retroactive to Jan 1.

Yeah you're right. I just spent some time reading about the LR AWD $3K price drop back in July and it makes me feel a bit better that this isn't the first time. Sorry new Tesla owner, just getting used to this I guess lol.

Reactions: Wilber and outdoors
Yup already took delivery. Wow this already is stacked on top of the FOMO of the potential $7000 tax credit. Horrible timing. Anyone think there will be a resolution? I mean i would take 30,000 free supercharging miles, but if there's no resolution that sucks

Hey at least you got all the upgrades! I bought the y in June and I am really wanting the heating steering wheel and glovebox usb.

such is life.

Reactions: Wilber
its nice if they can even pass it in 2021 lol

It is interesting to see the different attitude towards Tesla vs other brands where the price out the door is mostly unknown and discounts/rebates vary wildly from month to month.
I don't think the attitude is that different. People also comment/complain when other brands lower prices or increase rebates/incentives e.g., if they bought a car when the rebate was $1,500 and it's now $3,000. These comments/complaints occur for products other than automobiles as well.

It is interesting to see the different attitude towards Tesla vs other brands where the price out the door is mostly unknown and discounts/rebates vary wildly from month to month.
Agree. With Tesla you know exactly what you're going to pay when you order. With dealerships, it's a crapshoot and a pain in the ass to even get to a final number. And then after that, you have to negotiate with the financing guy and the warranty guy and.....

Agree. With Tesla you know exactly what you're going to pay when you order. With dealerships, it's a crapshoot and a pain in the ass to even get to a final number. And then after that, you have to negotiate with the financing guy and the warranty guy and.....

It’s not really that bad. I just bought a new BMW X5. Emailed the sales manager what I wanted and he gave me a price including trade in. Emailed a counter that they accepted. Drove to dealer and signed the papers. Did have to meet finance guy. No to everything and out of his office in 5 minutes. Total time at dealer 90 minutes with 1 hour of that being instruction on how things worked and setting up the iPhones as keys ect..
They did ask me to carefully look the car over for any build quality issues. There were zero issues and today after 7 weeks of ownership I still can’t find any.

• Love
Reactions: tierneyalvin
In the same boat ...dont like and never understood why we pay more for the same stuff.if they did this to make it more affordable and kill the competition. It's same in Canada as well .

It doesn't have to be that much of a crapshoot at dealerships. If one doesn't like to negotiate/haggle, simply accept whatever discounted price is offered and that's become even easier to do thanks to the internet. It may or may not be the best/lowest price but you're not guaranteed the best/lowest price with Tesla either as they adjust prices too, offer limited time incentives (.e.g, free FSD trial, 1 free supercharging, etc.). and also discount new inventory cars sometimes many thousands of dollars.

I think some people view Tesla’s no haggle pricing model to mean everyone pays exactly the same (for same year/model) but it simply doesn't work out that way.

It's not just the SR+ Model Y that changed prices

new prices archive before battery day (Sep 22 2020), all cars Blue with no FSD, no "savings", Excluding taxes and fees, rounded to the next thousand dollars. Just so I can easily configure and compare after changes come.

~$39,000 new 2020 SR+ Model 3
~$47,000 new 2020 AWD Model 3
-------- new 2020 SR+ Model Y (didn't archive price back then)
~$51,000 new 2020 AWD Model Y

new prices update as of Feb 18 2021, all cars Blue with no FSD, no "savings", Excluding taxes and fees, rounded to the next thousand dollars to match the configs above.

~$37,000 new 2021 SR+ Model 3
~$40,000 new 2021 SR+ Model Y
~$47,000 new 2021 AWD Model 3
~$50,000 new 2021 AWD Model Y

SR+ Model 3 dropped $2,000
AWD Model 3 no change
AWD Model Y dropped $1,000

I haven’t taken delivery and I have a 3SR+ coming next weekend. I have an email into my SA so I will see what he says. Free lifetime connectivity would be fine.

Just FYI our price was automatically adjusted this morning on my order page without doing anything (no VIN yet). So check your order page, but even if yours doesn't adjust you should be able to get he adjustment done before delivery.

I bought based on the 'different' sales model.
That is buy a car with 'zero' point inspection, zero point of human contact, etc. (my car has been great, however - luck I guess?)
Now I have a car with zero dealer network support, and the manufacturer is throwing my money out the windows as I drive.

In summary, I HATE car dealer's..... but have enjoyed various brands.
Now, I'm on the fence about the brand, and as the car ages might miss the dealer support.