Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my Pre-delivery online meeting today (30 minutes + 90 minute Q&A). I don't think they do this in all areas but they should, very useful. Apparently they do a Post-delivery meeting as well a couple of days after you've had the car.
Several questions about AMD Ryzen, the guy said SA don't have any way of knowing if the car has it until it it arrives.
I'm guessing some of the SAs giving the info either have a connection to the factory or are just basing it on what they've read on the web.
I can't do much about it anyway so I'll find out when the car arrives in 2 weeks!

I'm picking up my car this Sunday. I got some clarifying details from an SA. I guess he was assigned to me since my previous SA no longer works for Tesla.
  • 12v battery in car is not lithium-ion.
    I assumed this since Ryzen and lithium-ion seem to go together.
  • Front USB ports do not carry data and "there is no retrofit for this matter".
    This is absolute BS on Tesla's part and it should be a much bigger deal than it currently is. I think not enough people are complaining about this. Who needs 7 charging ports in their car??!
  • LFP battery
    I knew this already, not sure why he had to mentioned it again
  • Confirmed the Intel processor again
    thanks...grumble grumble...

I'm picking up my car this Sunday. I got some clarifying details from an SA. I guess he was assigned to me since my previous SA no longer works for Tesla.
    This is absolute BS on Tesla's part and it should be a much bigger deal than it currently is. I think not enough people are complaining about this. Who needs 7 charging ports in their car??!
  • LFP battery

Front USB ports do not carry data - sorry i may have missed it but what does that mean for the car? Can these ports be used for usb gaming controller or to wire charge phones?

• LFP battery
Thanks for the update. Don't worry, it's not necessarily bad news, you'll get longer range with the Atom, and honestly, whatever chip comes after the Ryzen will be better anyway, and you'll likely be able to upgrade to that instead.

I'm also due to get one from Langley soon, but I just wish it was still NCA battery, since it gets very cold sometimes where I'm from.

Reactions: m3m5
  • LFP battery
Wonder if this only apply to SR or all 3/Ys

Front USB ports do not carry data - sorry i may have missed it but what does that mean for the car? Can these ports be used for usb gaming controller or to wire charge phones?
Since the ports only charge, that means some USB-controller games probably won't be installed either (like the Sonic game and maybe Cuphead). You also can't use them for Sentry mode, music, or boombox sounds. Eventually, Tesla will enable bluetooth controller support so it'll be less of a big deal if you want to game...but still, only the one port in the glovebox can be used for data-functions. Beyond dumb.

• LFP battery
Good to know, very useful info, thanks! So with new kind of battery, we are able to do daily charging to 100% right? Just like your phone :p