Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my model 3 December 18th. The EDD was June. About a week after I ordered it was moved up to March 15-March 31. Then, two days ago it was moved back to June. Called Tesla and they said it was a bug, and I should see a change within a week. However, after reading these posts it seems like people who ordered back in Sept are finally getting theirs in Feb-March. So it seems strange that mine was moved up so much? So I'm assuming I shouldn't expect it to be as soon as March when it changes back. Thoughts?
The process was a stress test for me for sure. Just be prepared for the ups and downs. I hope to have my car delivered on Monday.

Congrats how do you find the screen? Is it slow?
Thank you. I didn't find it slow at all. I was mainly using the core functions and navigation. FSD visualization was working well too. I haven't checked out games, Netflix, YouTube yet. I wouldn't be too worried if those took a little bit longer though, that's not something I would use frequently

Reactions: amit_gunner
Just want to give you an update. I picked up my car at 12 today. It’s Intel chip .
Don’t go there earlier than your schedule time. You will receive a message 10 mins and about 2 mins after your scheduled time. Then you can go to your space to pick up your car. It is in the basement in the north garage. There is no reception in the basement . So I had to go back to the ground and accept the car. Once you accept the car, you should be able to unlock your car. The staff left the ups envelope which you have to complete within 24 hours and mail it back. Hope this helps ! So far there is no panel gap except a minor gap on the rear windshield. Everything looks good . Love the car . Good luck to you tomorrow
Interesting. In Ontario the delivery wasn't touchless. I was met by a SA. Had to sign all the papers. And was then handed over the key. The SA was very helpful. I had an issue with one of the doors not really soft closing. He got it fixed within 15 mins at the service center. I also had a minor gap at the rear windshield. Nothing that I care too much about.

Got my VIN! RWD, White, Black int, 18" Aero, No FSD
OD: 9/8/22 Arizona
EDD: Jan 2022
Got a VIN just before Thanskgiving, put it on hold due to December travels, hold removed Dec 26.
EDD: Jan 23 - Feb 20
Now EDD is Jan 17 - 21

I called to change my payment method from cash to financing and the rep confirmed I'm getting Ryzen! Picking up at the Mesa, AZ store since Tucson's store isn't opening until April-ish, according to rumors.

Good luck to you all!
I took delivery this afternoon! Unfortunately no Ryzen or Li-ion battery, despite the rep's "confirmation" and apparently faked lookup. Ah well, wish I had both but I'm just stoked to have the car at this point. Especially at the price from my order date!

Best of luck to everyone, hopefully you get the closer end of your EDDs!

I think people are overthinking the Intel vs AMD thing… Even with the Intel, the Teslas rate ahead of the competition in regards to responsiveness. All it does is handle UI and some apps like your phone does. The mission critical stuff like FSD and Autopilot are handled by a pair of Tesla proprietary ASICS. I can tell you the Intel Apollo Lake used in the Tesla still has 10 years of life left as far as Intel making them, so no need to worry about future replacements either. All that to say, I’ll take whatever I get, I’m buying a car not the latest and greatest game console or smart phone 😊 Plus it looks like the Intel will save you some Watts over the AMD.

Just want to give you an update. I picked up my car at 12 today. It’s Intel chip .
Don’t go there earlier than your schedule time. You will receive a message 10 mins and about 2 mins after your scheduled time. Then you can go to your space to pick up your car. It is in the basement in the north garage. There is no reception in the basement . So I had to go back to the ground and accept the car. Once you accept the car, you should be able to unlock your car. The staff left the ups envelope which you have to complete within 24 hours and mail it back. Hope this helps ! So far there is no panel gap except a minor gap on the rear windshield. Everything looks good . Love the car . Good luck to you tomorrow
Appreciate the information and tips! I hope to get a car with none or minor issues.

Reactions: Druggist
Interesting. In Ontario the delivery wasn't touchless. I was met by a SA. Had to sign all the papers. And was then handed over the key. The SA was very helpful. I had an issue with one of the doors not really soft closing. He got it fixed within 15 mins at the service center. I also had a minor gap at the rear windshield. Nothing that I care too much about.

Do you know if your front usb ports has data access or just for charging?

EDD update this AM. moved to 9 day window guys. Feb 5 -14. Its a great sign i hope. It was Feb 4 to march 4. In Toronto. OD 28 Sept. Getting very close i think. Yaayy.
That's awesome! Fingers crossed. Funny my OD was Aug 31st and I'm still sitting at Feb 9 to Mar 9th in Ottawa. Anyways hopefully you EDD doesn't change, super excited for ya! Cheers