Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pasadena, CA (Pick-up Burbank)
OD: 9/28/21
M3 RWD Deep Blue Metallic/Black | Sport Wheels | No FSD

EDD: March 2022 (as of 9/28/21 - 1/5/22)
EDD: June 2022 (as of 1/5/22 - 1/20/22)
EDD: March 7 - March 31 (as of 1/21/22 - 1/30/22)
EDD: April 21 - May 19 (as of 1/31/22 - 3/14/22)
EDD: March 18 - March 31 (as of 3/15/22 - 3/18/22)
EDD: April 28 - June 02 (as of 3/19/22 - 4/6/22)
EDD: April 28 - May 26 (as of 4/6/22 - 4/28/22)
EDD: June 30 - Aug 11 (as of 4/29/22 - 5/22/22)
EDD: July 11 - Aug 15 (as of 5/23/22)
VIN Received 5/24

Thanks to @alset3000 for the link to be able to edit my order. I changed it from Black/Black/Aero Wheels to Blue/Black/Sport Wheels yesterday (5/23/22). The reason why I chose Blue is because of @MtlMV dashboard stats. Yes, I wanted black but I can deal with blue. I didn't want to get MSM because my Model Y is already that color. With those changes, I was able to be assigned a VIN today less than 24hrs after changes (5/24/22).

The change from yesterday's EDD was very depressing and had to make some changes. It's $1500 more for the wheels but waiting 8 months is all worth it
Wooooohoooo 🥳 that’s great!

Reactions: Soosh and RPYT
Quick info about the Survey, Google sheet, Dashboard. There has been some reports about order entries having disappeared. A week ago I was almost certain that at one point during a certain day, the 2021 to date filtered entries had lowered a bit from Mid-day to evening. Well this AM I saw it happen live. The recordset total was 1,670 and changed to 1,669. Making a long story short, if you have a doubt about your entry still being there, it might worth it to check once in the while in the Master Google Sheet by :
  1. Open the Google Sheet
  2. Hit Ctrl+F (to launch the search tool)
  3. Type a few letter your user name (The one that you have chosen for the Google survey)
If your entry is not found and the survey Google form says that you've already answered :
  1. Click the Modify... link
  2. Make a minor change (That you can re-changed after anyway)
  3. Re-submit the form
I'm now taking a morning screen shot of the Month/Model filtered pivot table data and will try to see if that tells me something.

Reactions: Soosh
Thanks to @alset3000 for the link to be able to edit my order. I changed it from Black/Black/Aero Wheels to Blue/Black/Sport Wheels yesterday (5/23/22). The reason why I chose Blue is because of @MtlMV dashboard stats. Yes, I wanted black but I can deal with blue. I didn't want to get MSM because my Model Y is already that color. With those changes, I was able to be assigned a VIN today less than 24hrs after changes (5/24/22).

The change from yesterday's EDD was very depressing and had to make some changes. It's $1500 more for the wheels but waiting 8 months is all worth it
Glad to see that the Dashboard helped in some way. I'm just curious about how you deducted that Blue would be a winning change. 🤔

Thanks.

Reactions: Rezan8
Alright Team,

I decided to change the color to blue of the RWD. I'm going to upgradr to the LR if this doesn't accelerate my current EDD (8-14-9/25) in a few weeks or month. For those who don't know I ordered a Metallic RWD, 18's no FSD on 9/11/21.
Can you put your order info into your signature so we can follow your EDD progression?

Reactions: Johnsson90
Don't know if this helps, but when I was configuring my M3 RWD this past weekend (order placed Sunday 5/22) the wait times for white and silver were significantly longer than blue/black/red.
First! Thanks for filling-in the survey. When peoples are using the same username on TMC and Survey, I can at least check the database prior to suggest they do. 👍

Up here in Canada, at least with the SR+ (RWD), every flavour is pretty much stuck with Aug-Nov 21. The only EDD "Improvement" possible is going sport 19 wheels that should give you Sep-Dec 21. That's what I did back in March and have now learned from this group that I was a bit naive about that whole process. :rolleyes:

Alright Team,

I decided to change the color to blue of the RWD. I'm going to upgradr to the LR if this doesn't accelerate my current EDD (8-14-9/25) in a few weeks or month. For those who don't know I ordered a Metallic RWD, 18's no FSD on 9/11/21.
Very interested in the outcome of your experiment. Your order/EDD/location is my closest analog. Blue is a same price change for us, as MSM was an upgrade back in my day.

Reactions: RPYT
That’s awesome - quick somewhat related question. Any thoughts on Sunpower, Tesla, etc for solar? No worries if it’s off topic.
Thanks again! Best, Mick
TBH they all use the same suppliers aside from doing battery storage. Tesla is better vertically integrated but, surprise, their service is *sugar* most often. So it matters more what your timeline and expectations for installation. for that, it various reginaolly.

Reactions: Mick777