Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New user checking in. Just placed an order for my first Tesla (first EV). Excited to be here with you all.
Welcome to the group @Brainbow We have a very unofficial tracking Dasboard. Feel free to enter your own info using the survey link right on top of the page. Now that you're with us, waiting for your car, it's like what that song says "You can check-out anytime you want but you can never leave" 5 points to the first one giving the song's title.
Hint : Given the massive representation of one state in particular...it should be fairly easy for them.

• Funny
Reactions: Drew_in_Tx
Anyone with VIN from Apr 25th get their car or even any information? It's now been a month since I got the VIN and no car and no info. Local store isn't even replying to emails. I realize I'm waiting for charge port installation but really when is this going to happen? This is ridiculous.
This is what I got back today:

Tesla Update: Hi XXXXX, your vehicle is not ready for delivery yet and we have moved your appointment tentatively to next Friday, 6/3. We will update you if your vehicle is ready sooner, sorry for the inconvenience.

Been waiting with a VIN for exactly 1 month today. It is basically a take it or leave it approach from Tesla at the moment.....the bad side of monopoly

Anyone with VIN from Apr 25th get their car or even any information? It's now been a month since I got the VIN and no car and no info. Local store isn't even replying to emails. I realize I'm waiting for charge port installation but really when is this going to happen? This is ridiculous.
Got my car and so have a couple others too. I would recommend calling your pick up location. They would be the ones to know more about the ETA's on charge ports.

Hi,
Another newbie here.
I changed to black and white interior weeks after my original order date, and while it moved up my delivery date, it also reset my order date to yesterday. Is that a common experience?

Also willing to add blue or Sport rims if it helps move up delivery. Any experience in that regard would help.

Socal!

😀

Today, my EDD changed from Jul07-Aug18 to JUL13-AUG17 . No other change and still no VIN. Does it even signify anything or are these just software-generated random numbers ?

I actually don't want to change from Black to Blue / Red as we have a blue car and a red car :) The only option is to change to MSM which may worsen my delivery date.

It's indeed like Hotel California for me.

Reactions: Soosh
Hi,
Another newbie here.
I changed to black and white interior weeks after my original order date, and while it moved up my delivery date, it also reset my order date to yesterday. Is that a common experience?

Also willing to add blue or Sport rims if it helps move up delivery. Any experience in that regard would help.

Socal!

😀
Yes, order date change is normal. Would not worry about that. It is believed that any options move up your order date.

Reactions: BoganDad
Is there data that show the 19s help?
No data, but we all know the more you add the faster the wait period. I've been waiting for 10 months thus far, so I'm willing to do just about anything besides white seats and FSD. Us oldies are still locked in with our prices from mid 2021 so there's a little wiggle room financially. I'll let you know if the next week or so.

I think LFP is amazing. Charging to 100%, no babying it, safer, cheaper, less impactful on the planet, no conflict minerals. It is the clear winner IMHO, energy density aside. It was the sole reason, aside from price, that we wanted RWD.

As to my change to LR - I did some research on battery degradation and accepted that the chemistry in LR is more prone to it, and looked at data on high milage Teslas. The worst case I have seen on the modern LR chemistry is 12% loss after 100,000 miles on a 2020 performance M3 on which 50% of all miles driven were supercharged, the car was regularly left at low or high state fo charge, run down to zero and into the buffer before being hit while hot with a supercharger. It was beaten to hell. I'm astonished it was not worse. Tesla's thermal management is second to none and it isn't even close, the car knows how to manage itself. Even if the car loses 12%, that's a EPA mixed rated range of 315 miles. That is MORE than sufficient to fully replace an ICE and road trip. I think the worry about it is valid but also, over-blown because they are very expensive and folks don't want to buy something that isn't solid. But, these cars are not new anymore. You are not beta testing the batteries. They're tested and vetted. Watch that video - Kyle has every electron ever used logged, no one has data as he does.

Now, there is no good answer about the ethics of mineral sourcing for the LR batteries. It is harsher on the planet and there's a real risk they came from operations that mistreat our fellow man. I made a call that switching to an EV and having lower lifetime emissions outweighs the bad. Not everyone feels that way.
Congrats Scooter !! I am so tempted to switch back to the LR just to end the agony of the waiting game. Besides price my main reason for changing originally was for less degradation over the long term. I understand there are a log of factors that impact this. Very good data in the video. Strongly considering making the change again.

Hi,
Another newbie here.

Socal!

😀

Yes, order date change is normal. Would not worry about that. It is believed that any options move up your order date.

It does change to "Order placed with electronically accepted terms" 5/XX/22. That happened when I made changes to my car on Monday. Once I got the MVPA, it shows my original date from 9/28/21, when I placed my order. That's significant for me because it shows that I still qualify for a rebate here in California.