Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First timer here. Definitely finding this website to be an amazing resource - given how techy the vehicles are, can never stop learning.
Ordered via the website one that was on the lot in inventory on Sunday, got VIN assigned the VERY next day, did everything through the app in terms of registration, payment, insurance (going through my own insurance), and pickup is set for this coming Saturday.

I am over the moon, even though ideally I would have liked to have gotten the AWD, and am fully aware of some of the things we are missing out on (seriously, the speakers not being connected in the pillars is NUTS - the footwell lights and foglights I could care less about). That being said, the LFP battery is "unique", and I am fine with charging to 100% once a week and slower 170kW charging vs the 250kW. Just remember, Bolts (the other car I was going to get) charge at >50kW<... MAX.

Have already ordered the mobile charger, some little accessories (3D Maxpider floor mats, cup holder insert, matte screen protector). Got my 5(!!) page checklist already printed out, spent the past month watching all the YouTube videos I could find, haha. It's been a journey.

Plan to get/install the Hansshow audio upgrade harness to re-enable the speakers (not adding any) and doing some obligatory photos.

Reactions: PrisC and Wahiawahi
Took delivery of my MSM today. Overall build was good, inside and out. However some various issues, some that were called within spec, some they fixed.

Things they fixed: various surface scratches, particularly on front bumper. Also all 4 wheel covers had similar scratches. They ended up detailing the bumper, and just gave me brand new wheel covers, lol. I imagine all of these scratches were from shipping from Fremont to NJ.

Things that were called in spec:
Top of tail light, looks like plastic was not well molded. Other tail light has a thin straight line instead of this "oozed" look.
PXL_20230208_153922430.MP.jpg

Glass roof, driver side. Looks like the rubber molding or whatever they use is chipped. About 2" long. They said if there's issues, it's covered by the 4 year/50k warranty.
PXL_20230208_153211710.MP.jpg

Driver side mirror/pillar panel is offset. They did not have this in stock, scheduled mobile service to resolve.
InkedPXL_20230208_154738739.MP.jpg

Got the vehicle and left the site around 9:30pm. Lots of people waiting there. Thanks for all the suggestions here. We are parking at a hotel garage tonight and saw some TurboDock chargers here. When I installed the App and tried to charge the car, it asked the 4-digit PIN which I don't have. I could not find a way to register the App to get the PIN and the hotel front desk does not know the PIN. Does someone have experience with this ? Many thanks.
I have not received the iron license plates yet. I picked up the car on 12/31/2022 at Fremont. How long does this usually take? I kind of need the plate number to apply for the clean air vehicle decal. Thanks.

Took delivery of my RWD today - that blue is GORGEOUS. Literally spent an hour going over everything, and found a few scratches. The biggest one was a scratch that seemed to go straight through to the metal in the lower trim between the front and rear door. There were only two other major scratches - one from the rear driver door that went from the door handle onto the quarter panel, and one on the front driver quarter panel. Took pictures and have an appointment scheduled in about a week for them to fix.

Surprisingly, didn't find any alignment issues.

Attachments

• 36D3E851-8AD4-4C3C-9576-A7D58AD40E7E.jpeg
    36D3E851-8AD4-4C3C-9576-A7D58AD40E7E.jpeg
    468.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 4D7AC77B-836F-4C6A-A90A-43C1971CF49D.jpeg
    4D7AC77B-836F-4C6A-A90A-43C1971CF49D.jpeg
    497.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 63E0B4FD-AFBD-4B9D-9359-0E54BE3ED4B9.jpeg
    63E0B4FD-AFBD-4B9D-9359-0E54BE3ED4B9.jpeg
    477.8 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: Wahiawahi
today took delivery model 3 RWD white and black interior 18 inch tires and it is from freemont
looks like tesla is not manufacturing with matrix lights and i asked delivery agent and he told me eventually every car will be retrofit with matrix lights and a software will be released to take the advantage of the true benefit of the matrix lights. atleast tesla is not manufacuring or putting in basic versions.
does anyone took delivery in this month and has matrix lights with M3 RWD ?

today took delivery model 3 RWD white and black interior 18 inch tires and it is from freemont
looks like tesla is not manufacturing with matrix lights and i asked delivery agent and he told me eventually every car will be retrofit with matrix lights and a software will be released to take the advantage of the true benefit of the matrix lights. atleast tesla is not manufacuring or putting in basic versions.
I took delivery of mine today, and it definitely has the matrix lights. You can tell three ways :
1. Looking at the headlight, the outermost bulb should be circular, not square
2. Using the light show in the ToyBox, the headlights should flash the word "TESLA" on whatever surface thats in front of the car (i.e., garage door)
3. If you go to the service menu to align the headlights, you should see what look like a pair of horizontal lines with one vertical line intersecting each horizontal line.

I took delivery on the 8th and mine seems to have the matrix headlights.

New to this forum. After some back and forth I decided to trade in my 2017 BMW wagon for a M3 RWD (I used to own a BMW M3 RWD too ;)). I think I will be able to take delivery end of Feb/early March. So I went through the process of getting an offer on my wagon and in finalizing the trade I took a picture of the instrument cluster. On that same screen it has a grayed out odometer reading which is not even close to the reading on my car. Is that normal? My car has close to 103K miles and the grayed out reading has 69K. I submitted 103K when filling out the trade-in information. Is this normal?

New to this forum. After some back and forth I decided to trade in my 2017 BMW wagon for a M3 RWD (I used to own a BMW M3 RWD too ;)). I think I will be able to take delivery end of Feb/early March. So I went through the process of getting an offer on my wagon and in finalizing the trade I took a picture of the instrument cluster. On that same screen it has a grayed out odometer reading which is not even close to the reading on my car. Is that normal? My car has close to 103K miles and the grayed out reading has 69K. I submitted 103K when filling out the trade-in information. Is this normal?
Does it say the units are in miles perhaps? 103,000 kilometres is pretty close to 69,000 miles (probably added in a buffer for delivery times)

Just a guess

Hi everyone! Put in an order yesterday for a Model 3 RWD up here in canada. With the tesla price drop and the ensuing 5k federal rebate on anything under 55k here in canada (the M3 RWD being the only eligible model), I figured now was the time to pull the trigger!

Got it in solid black. Hemmed and hawed about the color because i know black is more work to keep it looking flawless.
But then i saw white, MSM, red and blue teslas all in the last few days all with crap and dirt showing on them and you know what, no one colour is going
to be perfect. My heart has always wanted black so i went with it. I owned a black CR-V for 8 years and realized i was never bothered with the black getting dirty :p

One question: are all the 2023 M3 RWDs using LFP batteries now?

Also, dumb newbie question: what are matrix lights and are those standard/expected on the M3 RWD??

Looking forward to being a part of this forum as a regular contributor. Excited!

Reactions: giotto1
Hi everyone! Put in an order yesterday for a Model 3 RWD up here in canada. With the tesla price drop and the ensuing 5k federal rebate on anything under 55k here in canada (the M3 RWD being the only eligible model), I figured now was the time to pull the trigger!

Got it in solid black. Hemmed and hawed about the color because i know black is more work to keep it looking flawless.
But then i saw white, MSM, red and blue teslas all in the last few days all with crap and dirt showing on them and you know what, no one colour is going
to be perfect. My heart has always wanted black so i went with it. I owned a black CR-V for 8 years and realized i was never bothered with the black getting dirty :p

One question: are all the 2023 M3 RWDs using LFP batteries now?

Also, dumb newbie question: what are matrix lights and are those standard/expected on the M3 RWD??

Looking forward to being a part of this forum as a regular contributor. Excited!
Congrats on your new purchase. To answer your questions:

- Yes all RWD M3s use LFP
- Matrix lights are made up of small lights instead of one giant light like typical headlights nowadays. Yours will have them - it is easy to spot - the outermost light will have a circular lens instead of a square-ish one like the inner lights. The intention is that by having so many lights, the light can be controlled for various purposes. However, I think in the USA there is some legal reason why it is not turned on for us :\ but I believe it does work in Europe... You can also tell (not as easy) by seeing a criss-cross pattern when you try to adjust the headlights via the service menu, or seeing the word "Tesla" spelled out by the headlights when using the light show from the Toybox within the Tesla car.

Congrats on your new purchase. To answer your questions:

- Yes all RWD M3s use LFP
- Matrix lights are made up of small lights instead of one giant light like typical headlights nowadays. Yours will have them - it is easy to spot - the outermost light will have a circular lens instead of a square-ish one like the inner lights. The intention is that by having so many lights, the light can be controlled for various purposes. However, I think in the USA there is some legal reason why it is not turned on for us :\ but I believe it does work in Europe... You can also tell (not as easy) by seeing a criss-cross pattern when you try to adjust the headlights via the service menu, or seeing the word "Tesla" spelled out by the headlights when using the light show from the Toybox within the Tesla car.

Thank you for the explanation. That makes sense why it's called "matrix" then!

Hi everyone ! First post here !
I bought a M3 31st January and delivery in Europe is expected 14 to 26 March.

I just wanted to check my thinking here. I should probably wait until the announcements on the 1st of March before making any cancellation decision. My gut feel is that the HW4 refresh will be announced with minor design tweaks that will only really be useful for parking since I don’t have USS (and if you don’t care about FSD). However I suspect the price will increase to give again healthier margins since production costs would also go down thanks to Project Highland. Also I think M3 has never been cheaper if you take into account recent inflation! So I really think pricing will go up. Would you agree?

I guess my other question is: How much is too much for a price increase? I’m tempted to say that if the new HW4 M3 increases by less than $4k, I should probably cancel my M3 HW3 (with no USS) and immediately order a new one hoping for a June delivery. (By the way I live in a country where there is no financial incentive, so no threshold to be under to benefit from incentives).

Let me know what you guys think! Thank you!