Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

PowerBankT

Oct 22, 2019
Florida
No VIN but just got a text update from some number:

'Update on your delivery timing: We expect your Model 3 to exit the factory and arrive at your delivery center between 12/1 and 12/9. Please look out for further communication when it is time to schedule your delivery appointment.'

Random Chicago number, not my SA. Possibly someone at the delivery center with a Chicago area code or possibly some hooligans playing the ultimate prank on me. I don't know!

Reactions: George75

Turlejay

Oct 29, 2019
Buffalo, NY
Just received this text, ordered 10/29 no Vin. Buffalo NY
Screenshot_20191119-153419~2.png

No VIN but just got a text update from some number:

'Update on your delivery timing: We expect your Model 3 to exit the factory and arrive at your delivery center between 12/1 and 12/9. Please look out for further communication when it is time to schedule your delivery appointment.'

Random Chicago number, not my SA. Possibly someone at the delivery center with a Chicago area code or possibly some hooligans playing the ultimate prank on me. I don't know!

This is the exact text message I got. No VIN on page or source. I just sent it to my SA to ask him how realistic the window is.

From all that I've gleaned about production at Fremont, the -only- factor is trim. So when SR+ are being cranked out, color/seats/wheels have no bearing on production order.

I wonder how big the batch is before they switch to next trim. I.E. Do they make every currently booked SR+ in the current batch, even those who ordered this week, or do they do a week of SR+(several thousand) then switch to the next trim the next week and keep doing that through the backorder.

Did all of you getting the text today buying an SR+?

This is the exact text message I got. No VIN on page or source. I just sent it to my SA to ask him how realistic the window is.

ordered on 10/12, I got this text this afternoon for delivery at Fremont.

Update on your delivery timing: We expect your Model 3 to exit the factory and arrive at your delivery center between 11/22 and 11/30. Please look out for further communication when it is time to schedule your delivery appointment.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC