Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you frequent this forum and other online places, the only thing you might gain out of going to the orientation is the chance to see what your account status is and if anyone on the staff has new info. Most of it is presenting the basics that is pretty easy to find online.
That's the only reason i'm going. it's early too... 8am so i don't waste my day. Bringing a pre-delivery gift of promotional Italian olive oil to grease the wheels!

YES! I'm loving it! No, the car doesn't come with version 10, you'll have to connect to the wifi at home to download the update.

Remember the tricks to force an update (when connected to WiFi):
  • Switch updates option from "advanced" to "standard" and then back again
  • Press and hold the "advanced" button for a minute
  • Tap the "advance" button five times
Any of these should cause the car to scan for available updates. I don't have a car, so can't verify, but evidence from others seem very promising.

Glad you are still loving it, but that's not really a surprise. I'm hoping I'm not too far behind.

Remember the tricks to force an update (when connected to WiFi):
  • Switch updates option from "advanced" to "standard" and then back again
  • Press and hold the "advanced" button for a minute
  • Tap the "advance" button five times
Any of these should cause the car to scan for available updates. I don't have a car, so can't verify, but evidence from others seem very promising.

Glad you are still loving it, but that's not really a surprise. I'm hoping I'm not too far behind.
Good tip! Thanks!

Reactions: tren01t
That's the only reason i'm going. it's early too... 8am so i don't waste my day. Bringing a pre-delivery gift of promotional Italian olive oil to grease the wheels!

I went yesterday and learned very little I didn’t already know from here and YouTube. The store manager did a nice presentation but anyone on this forum will be leagues ahead of the target demo. My main reason was the same as yours: to try to get intel, but the manager wasted no time in telling me he knew nothing. Of course I didn’t think to bring gifts! I personally would recommend not wasting your time. If your account is ready to go then you’ve done all you can, and you probably won’t learn anything about we want to know—when we’re getting a car—that you can’t learn from a phone call.

IMG_7641.jpg

Well here it is!
It showed up late but, he found his new home.
Way too many feelings to try and explain.
I’m sure those that already got their M3 can relate and for those that are waiting, I hope you feel the same way I do. Extremely grateful, excited, and happy all at the same time. Your time is coming :)
Cheers until tomorrow;
John

View attachment 479763

Well here it is!
I’m sure those that already got their M3 can relate and for those that are waiting, I hope you feel the same way I do. Extremely grateful, excited, and happy all at the same time. Your time is coming :)
Cheers until tomorrow;
John

That's great, and it looks awesome! Your grin says it all.

Did you pick it up from a DC in CA? I ask because it looks like it has the temp registration taped to the windshield. I thought CA uses temp. plates now.

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
View attachment 479763

Well here it is!
Cheers until tomorrow;
John
Congratulations!!!

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
It was delivered from the Fremont facility to our home in San Jose.
They did not tape on the front license plate frame so the front temporary plate (paper) and frame are in the trunk. Back temp plate is installed on the frame in the back. I guess I could say it’s semi-legal (lol)

View attachment 479763

Well here it is!
Cheers until tomorrow;
John

Congratulations!

That's great, and it looks awesome! Your grin says it all.

Did you pick it up from a DC in CA? I ask because it looks like it has the temp registration taped to the windshield. I thought CA uses temp. plates now.

When you get a new car in Cali, you get 2 temp paper plates (1front and 1 rear) the dealer assigns. You still get the temp registration taped to the windshield but can be removed as soon as your real plates arrive.