Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, I feel you. I'm used to being able to drive off with a car when I finally set my mind to buying one. I've only been waiting a day and a half and I'm about to jump out of my skin

Dude I know! Let’s be honest this car is a game changer, I feel like I’m a kid again.

I can’t tell you how many videos I’ve watched recently on the model 3, car detailing...I even ordered some fancy car shampoos and other crap I never would have considered before.

It’s going to be a tough wait :)

Dude I know! Let’s be honest this car is a game changer, I feel like I’m a kid again.

It’s going to be a tough wait :)

It's worth the wait, it is a game changer, and yes I can completely relate to feeling like a kid again while I was waiting for my car!

I've had it six months now, and I still enjoy every drive every day. It's also a very comfortable road trip car. Over 300 miles this past weekend and, even without AP, I arrived everywhere not feeling fatigued or beat down from the drive.

It can also pass everything on the road....including gas stations!! :)

I placed an order for an SR+ on Sunday and was quoted a two week lead time. I needed to sell my Lexus anyway so I figured that would take at least a few weeks. So I posted an ad on Craigslist for the Lexus and figured I’d sit back and see if I hear anything. Well, boy was I surprised. I started receiving calls within five minutes of posting the ad.

So I panicked at the thought that my Lexus might sell very quickly and the SR+ might be longer than a 2 week lead time. I was also a little hesitant about not knowing how much of a downgrade the sound system is, or whether I’d get used to the non-satellite maps and lack of traffic visualization. So I called the local Tesla office to see if they could find me something in stock. We went through a bunch of different options but none were quite what I was looking for.

They ended up finding me a 2019 MR model with the same standard black that I had ordered on my SR+. I like the premium interior of the MR model, but the increase in range of only 24 miles really bugged me. I just wasn’t personally seeing an extra $3K in value going from the SR+ to the MR. I asked to speak with the manager to see if there was anything he could do. He offered to swap out the 18” standard wheels for the 19” wheels at no cost. I know those normally cost $1,500 so it seemed like a fair deal to me. Personally I’m not sure I will notice the difference between the wheels. The research I’ve done suggests I may lose a bit of range, and the tires will cost more upon replacement. But I figure down the road when I sell the car my listing might stand out for someone who would prefer the upgraded wheels, so it seemed like a good trade off. Hopefully I made the right decision on that one.

Anyways, I’m about to drop off my Lexus to its new owner in a few hours and I pick up my MR tomorrow afternoon. Crossing my fingers all goes smoothly. It’s our second M3, so I’m very excited. No more trips to the gas stations!

I placed an order for an SR+ on Sunday and was quoted a two week lead time. I needed to sell my Lexus anyway so I figured that would take at least a few weeks. So I posted an ad on Craigslist for the Lexus and figured I’d sit back and see if I hear anything. Well, boy was I surprised. I started receiving calls within five minutes of posting the ad.

So I panicked at the thought that my Lexus might sell very quickly and the SR+ might be longer than a 2 week lead time. I was also a little hesitant about not knowing how much of a downgrade the sound system is, or whether I’d get used to the non-satellite maps and lack of traffic visualization. So I called the local Tesla office to see if they could find me something in stock. We went through a bunch of different options but none were quite what I was looking for.

They ended up finding me a 2019 MR model with the same standard black that I had ordered on my SR+. I like the premium interior of the MR model, but the increase in range of only 24 miles really bugged me. I just wasn’t personally seeing an extra $3K in value going from the SR+ to the MR. I asked to speak with the manager to see if there was anything he could do. He offered to swap out the 18” standard wheels for the 19” wheels at no cost. I know those normally cost $1,500 so it seemed like a fair deal to me. Personally I’m not sure I will notice the difference between the wheels. The research I’ve done suggests I may lose a bit of range, and the tires will cost more upon replacement. But I figure down the road when I sell the car my listing might stand out for someone who would prefer the upgraded wheels, so it seemed like a good trade off. Hopefully I made the right decision on that one.

Anyways, I’m about to drop off my Lexus to its new owner in a few hours and I pick up my MR tomorrow afternoon. Crossing my fingers all goes smoothly. It’s our second M3, so I’m very excited. No more trips to the gas stations!

I've read they were doing this in December to hit their numbers, but now? I wonder if the Dallas stores are doing this.

Ordered SR+ Sunday. Called in yesterday to change interior color to b/w for a little more pop on a blue exterior.
Change went through overnight.
While on the phone, the agent said the 2-4 weeks quoted is not likely, as it takes 2-3 weeks to get the car up to Canada. He did not have access to any data that would give further detail. Only said we are not operating like a normal company at present, and that they have plans for customers to see detailed order progress online in the future.

Update:

Changed my original SR+ order with white interior to order a MR premium black interior. Only paying a $400 increase for the MR! (2018 VIN)

I called and asked to speak to a rep who had knowledge of inventory on hand. Taking delivery next week! (Didn't want to risk missing out on the EV credit)

Also this article mentions that Tesla is not yet making 7,000 batteries per week on a consistent basis. Something to consider if you didn't have a reservation.

Tesla doesn't know where it will build the Model Y as it rolls out more layoffs and cost cuts

Update:

Changed my original SR+ order with white interior to order a MR premium black interior. Only paying a $400 increase for the MR! (2018 VIN)

I called and asked to speak to a rep who had knowledge of inventory on hand. Taking delivery next week! (Didn't want to risk missing out on the EV credit)

Also this article mentions that Tesla is not yet making 7,000 batteries per week on a consistent basis. Something to consider if you didn't have a reservation.

Tesla doesn't know where it will build the Model Y as it rolls out more layoffs and cost cuts

Were you worried you weren't going to get delivery before June??

Only asking because I am trying to time my order for delivery in June to get it before the Fed tax credit drops again and before the PA rebate potentially expires