Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha I was expecting a similar text today after getting a 2-4 week update on 9/2 but haven't gotten anything yet...seems like they are slowly pushing out the "update".

You will probably get it next Wednesday 9/16. It seems like they get sent out on Wednesdays. The last update I got was 9/2 as well, I would bet you got one on 8/19 as well. It seems like a 2 week cadence on text communications.

07/27: ordered black/black SR+ with 18” wheels
08/10: received 4-7 weeks from today delivery text
08/25: received 2-4 weeks from today delivery text
09/07: switched to black/black LR with 18” wheels
09/09: received 1-2 weeks from today delivery text

located in San Diego area

Yeah I have seen your posts. That sucks, its like your order slipped between a crack and missed. Hopefully you get some communication soon.
Thanks. I don’t think I’m the only one though. I’ve seen other posters who haven’t heard anything from Tesla since the 19th. I’m just wondering if it’s my configuration and location that is causing the delay. I’ve seen LR and P with the multi-coat red, white white seats and 19 inch wheels who are getting close to delivery, but I haven’t seen many SR+(If any).

I don’t think I’m the only one though. I’ve seen other posters who haven’t heard anything from Tesla since the 19th. I’m just wondering if it’s my configuration and location that is causing the delay. I’ve seen LR and P with the multi-coat red, white white seats and 19 inch wheels who are getting close to delivery, but I haven’t seen many SR+(If any).

My configuration is similar to yours except the seats (SR+ red with black interior, 19" wheels). My delivery will happen on Tuesday, Sept 15 here in Texas.

Got the vin on Aug 28. Uploaded the insurance policy info (with a vin) the same day. Got an email to schedule the delivery on Aug 30. Did so the same day. Made the payment (wired from a schwab account) on Sept 3 (required in Texas to prepay). Had to change the insurance start date from Sept 15 to Sept 6 so Tesla can get a temporary tag from the state of texas.

All pretty easy, actually.

It will all happen quickly once you get the vin. Make sure you have done everything required in your tesla account.

My configuration is similar to yours except the seats (SR+ red with black interior, 19" wheels). My delivery will happen on Tuesday, Sept 15 here in Texas.

Got the vin on Aug 28. Uploaded the insurance policy info (with a vin) the same day. Got an email to schedule the delivery on Aug 30. Did so the same day. Made the payment (wired from a schwab account) on Sept 3 (required in Texas to prepay). Had to change the insurance start date from Sept 15 to Sept 6 so Tesla can get a temporary tag from the state of texas.

All pretty easy, actually.

It will all happen quickly once you get the vin. Make sure you have done everything required in your tesla account.
Congrats, dude!

I’ll do the insurance and whatnot but I’m not handing over any check until I inspect the car.

Reactions: indiarain
Thanks. I don’t think I’m the only one though. I’ve seen other posters who haven’t heard anything from Tesla since the 19th. I’m just wondering if it’s my configuration and location that is causing the delay. I’ve seen LR and P with the multi-coat red, white white seats and 19 inch wheels who are getting close to delivery, but I haven’t seen many SR+(If any).

My same configuration :)

Just got a text that my car is in and do I want to re-schedule my delivery.

Original delivery would be Tuesday, Sept 15. Now it is Saturday, Sept 12. Stuff happens quick when you get the vin.

Not trying to rub it in... Just some new info.