Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are 3rd party but I just searched and they are for the premium trim only. Turns out they are either brighter or colored vs the stock lights.

Hopefully someone comes out with a DIY kit to add them. If the plug is accessible it shouldn't be a difficult project, unless the place where the light is installed is missing.
The lights are there, but just turned off in software, so this would require an over the air update and an extra fee from Tesla to turn on the feature.

I would be willing to pay $100 to get them turned on, and it would be easy money for Tesla.

Do you mind sharing who you contacted or the job title. I ordered a MR in January and they called me March 19th to tell me it's not going in delivery so I changed order to SR+ but no word since and no discounts.

Hi Icenick, I was helped by my Owner Advisor who escalated to the delivery manager. I believe they should have contacted all the customers having open MR orders and should have provided them the option of upgrading or downgrading with some benefit for the inconvenience. Did you change the order yourself on the portal or asked them to change it?

Hi Icenick, I was helped by my Owner Advisor who escalated to the delivery manager. I believe they should have contacted all the customers having open MR orders and should have provided them the option of upgrading or downgrading with some benefit for the inconvenience. Did you change the order yourself on the portal or asked them to change it?

They called and changed it for me. Did not receive any benefits for inconvenience despite my best efforts.

Got my black with white interior sr+ in tonight. Ordered March 12th. Everything about the delivery was odd, but the car is amazing. First time Tesla owner, I’ve never seen anything like this car. It’s unreal, and too much fun.

Are there any SR+ models being delivered to the East coast currently? Ordered mine 3/1, got a VIN quickly, then gave it up because of delivery was forecasted during scheduled vacation. Currently account says 2 weeks from order date?? No VIN. Cannot get any info from Tesla--help--impatiently waiting..

Are there any SR+ models being delivered to the East coast currently? Ordered mine 3/1, got a VIN quickly, then gave it up because of delivery was forecasted during scheduled vacation. Currently account says 2 weeks from order date?? No VIN. Cannot get any info from Tesla--help--impatiently waiting..

Same as me, I had a delivery date 3/23 but since I was out of the country until 4/1, I had to reject the delivery (they wanted to make the delivery before 3/31 to raise they Q1 numbers I guess).
Yesterday l decided to call my local Tesla Store and the nice lady told me they matched my SR+ configuration and it should go to production (or something like that) on 4/7, I should receive a text/email in the next couple of days.

My suggestion? call Tesla to check the status, they will give you an estimate delivery date, my conf. is SR+, deep blue, 19" without AP.

Same as me, I had a delivery date 3/23 but since I was out of the country until 4/1, I had to reject the delivery (they wanted to make the delivery before 3/31 to raise they Q1 numbers I guess).
Yesterday l decided to call my local Tesla Store and the nice lady told me they matched my SR+ configuration and it should go to production (or something like that) on 4/7, I should receive a text/email in the next couple of days.

My suggestion? call Tesla to check the status, they will give you an estimate delivery date, my conf. is SR+, deep blue, 19" without AP.
Will do--mine is black on black, SR+ aero wheels

I placed my order on the night of March 31st (SR+, black, b/w interior, aerowheels, AP). The next day they already give me the VIN and the delivery date is April 4 at 10am in Buena Park. On April 2nd, I was approved for their inhouse financing thru Wells Fargo.
I'm just wondering why theres no delivery advisor assigned to me. This is our 2nd Model 3 and the first one we had a delivery advisor which guide us with the whole process. I tried calling Buena Park but I cant get hold of anybody coz I want to resched my delivery date to April 5.
I was surprised that theres available VIN right away and the early delivery date. Is that a glitch? I went with their in house financing (Wells Fargo) and already got approved. I fulfilled all the checklists and just waiting to pick up the car.

First post. Tried about 10 gas cars. Last weekend, I left the 10th car showroom, disappointed and almost having made up my mind to go with 2018 Audi A6 (best of the lot I drove), when my wife told me that I should just consider driving a Tesla. We both laughed (thinking how insane that idea is because we were not in the market for a Tesla). As she said it, we coincidentally found ourselves passing by a Tesla showroom in western PA! We decided to go in....within the next 45 minutes, I bought the car.

I ordered the Model 3 in White, Standard Range Plus (Partial Premium), with the Autopilot ($3000) feature. Wait is exactly 6 days. I get it this weekend. I am very excited by reading many positive posts and I am a little anxious by reading all the negative posts/experiences. I am at least glad I am participating (with my money) in something that may be the future for personal transportation.

I opted to spend another $2000 for a partial XPEL wrap (full front and other high impact areas) with a window tint as we are moving to the desert.

This website a great find. I look forward to contributing because our first venture is the 2300 mile drive from Western PA to Reno, NV with my spouse and our dog in the new Tesla M3

In most cases the errors on the cars are made up for by how incredible the car is as a package. Completely blown away that you can have this much for $40,000. The only sad part is the model 3 I have now is going to seem ancient in comparison to what this and other companies can bring to the market in 5-10 years. I feel like the acceleration of what cars are capable of is going to be unlike any other time.

Update: received a phone call from ANOTHER person in Las Vegas (By far the most accommodating, yet!) Monday. Car was in Atlanta area center, and setup home delivery for Thursday morning (425 miles away). Had check FedExed, from Credit Union, and received by Delivery Center in Atlanta on Tuesday morning.

6:00 this evening, the day my car is set to arrive here, and I check my Tesla account page. The delivery schedule was changed to five days later. No phone call. No Email. Nothing.

I called the accommodating person in Las Vegas,who I assume is in sales, immediately. She looked on the computer, noticed the change in time, and had no explanation for it. She said she couldn't imagine why there was a change. She attempted to message my Delivery Advisor (Wait... I HAVE a delivery Advisor? Who is this person?), or anyone else at the Atlanta center, to no avail. Now... I know it was 4:30 Las Vegas Time, 6:30 my time, and 7:30 Atlanta time. So, they had probably left for the day.

She also told me she was able to pull up the calendar they use, and was able to change it back to the original time of tomorrow morning at 10:00. I asked this Las Vegas representative if there still a way they will get a car to me, 425 miles away, after reverting the calendar at this time? She assured me that yes.

My pessimism is increasing, as well as my disappointment in this process. The updates will continue, until the car is received, and the smile returns for the anticipated product.

The Final update, for the Waiting Room, 1 week later:

As it turns out, the check Tesla received from my credit union was never posted to my account. So, the car was not able to released to the carrier, as originally scheduled. Hence, the late change in delivery. The car wasn't delivered, and I called another person, who also happened to be in Las Vegas. He was by far, the most helpful. I can not possibly overstate this. He helped locate the status of my check, which was at the delivery center (where it was sent), and got me scheduled to have it delivered to my home if I so chose.

But, another option was given to me. My car was in Roswell, Ga., which is 425 miles away. If I wanted to go take delivery there, they would schedule a rental car, and give me a FREE Wall Charger, for my trouble. While that may not have fit someone else, it was awesome for me! My wife and I were already leaving town for the weekend, and heading 150 closer to my vehicle. We changed our plans, cancelled a room one place, booked a room another place, and made the most of it.

We took delivery last Friday afternoon, in Roswell, Ga., and headed home Saturday morning. When we got there, the Delivery Manager unsolicitedly apologized for everything and gave us a code for ordering $100 in Tesla accessories. I got 425 miles to get really acquainted, not only with my car, but with the Supercharging routine (Tesla is reimbursing for those, although it was barely $14). This new Tesla buyer is now pleased. Car has been nothing short of awesome. On the 7th day, I've yet to notice a flaw. 8.3 firmware on car, for the curious.

I'm leaving the Waiting Room, now. It was frustrating as everything, until I actually got the car. Some of the delay was my doing, for not fully understanding the process. The rest was on the general communication inefficiency of Tesla. I have the car, and a mild adventure as well.

To Sum it all up: 3/19 built M3 SR+, Black, Black, Aero, No AP...
Ordered Car 3/14/19
Received VIN 3/18/19
1st call, to schedule delivery 3/22/19
Took Delivery 3/29/19 - Free Wall Charger (A $500 value, to be shipped from the factory), $100 in Accessories, and coming reimbursement for Supercharger use on the trip home.

Last edited:
The Final update, for the Waiting Room, 1 week later:

As it turns out, the check Tesla received from my credit union was never posted to my account. So, the car was not able to released to the carrier, as originally scheduled. Hence, the late change in delivery. The car wasn't delivered, and I called another person, who also happened to be in Las Vegas. He was by far, the most helpful. I can not possibly overstate this. He helped locate the status of my check, which was at the delivery center (where it was sent), and got me scheduled to have it delivered to my home if I so chose.

But, another option was given to me. My car was in Roswell, Ga., which is 425 miles away. If I wanted to go take delivery there, they would schedule a rental car, and give me a FREE Wall Charger, for my trouble. While that may not have fit someone else, it was awesome for me! My wife and I were already leaving town for the weekend, and heading 150 closer to my vehicle. We changed our plans, cancelled a room one place, booked a room another place, and made the most of it.

We took delivery last Friday afternoon, in Roswell, Ga., and headed home Saturday morning. When we got there, the Delivery Manager unsolicitedly apologized for everything and gave us a code for ordering $100 in Tesla accessories. I got 425 miles to get really acquainted, not only with my car, but with the Supercharging routine (Tesla is reimbursing for those, although it was barely $14). This new Tesla buyer is now pleased. Car has been nothing short of awesome. On the 7th day, I've yet to notice a flaw. 8.3 firmware on car, for the curious.

I'm leaving the Waiting Room, now. It was frustrating as everything, until I actually got the car. Some of the delay was my doing, for not fully understanding the process. The rest was on the general communication inefficiency of Tesla. I have the car, and a mild adventure as well.

To Sum it all up: 3/19 built M3 SR+, Black, Black, Aero, No AP...
Ordered Car 3/14/19
Received VIN 3/18/19
1st call, to schedule delivery 3/22/19
Took Delivery 3/29/19 - Free Wall Charger (A $500 value, to be shipped from the factory), $100 in Accessories, and coming reimbursement for Supercharger use on the trip home.

How did you get the freebies?!

First post. Tried about 10 gas cars. Last weekend, I left the 10th car showroom, disappointed and almost having made up my mind to go with 2018 Audi A6 (best of the lot I drove), when my wife told me that I should just consider driving a Tesla. We both laughed (thinking how insane that idea is because we were not in the market for a Tesla). As she said it, we coincidentally found ourselves passing by a Tesla showroom in western PA! We decided to go in....within the next 45 minutes, I bought the car.

I ordered the Model 3 in White, Standard Range Plus (Partial Premium), with the Autopilot ($3000) feature. Wait is exactly 6 days. I get it this weekend. I am very excited by reading many positive posts and I am a little anxious by reading all the negative posts/experiences. I am at least glad I am participating (with my money) in something that may be the future for personal transportation.

I opted to spend another $2000 for a partial XPEL wrap (full front and other high impact areas) with a window tint as we are moving to the desert.

This website a great find. I look forward to contributing because our first venture is the 2300 mile drive from Western PA to Reno, NV with my spouse and our dog in the new Tesla M3

Congrats ! Don't be scarred of the issues you see on the forum ... a lot of stuff was from early builds that have been corrected by now..and there are more people posting on these forums about issues, than about no issues - I got my December 2018 build a few months ago - and so far it has been perfect - except one minor paint defect from factory and thermal stress crack in rear glass, both fixed by service center efficiently. # Me too - would not go back to Gas car after driving this for a week !

Our first road trip in our M3 was on the same day we took delivery last July. I had never driven a Tesla before. It was a 2K round trip. I wish I had time to learn about the car before hand but the trip was a necessity. After driving the same vehicle for many years there were so many habits I had to overcome not to mention learning the screen and where everything is. Of course having a love affair with the M3 made things less frustrating. Have a wonderful Tesla experience. You made the right decision.