Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it's looking more and more likely I will have to give up my VIN that I've been assigned. If anyone is in the MD area and has been hunting a white SR+ with white interior and everything else base, keep an eye out. I'll post in this thread once my VIN has officially be released.

Reactions: mramin
Like many of you, I check my Tesla account xx times per day.

For anyone that knows, is there a certain time the site gets updated? Or is it at random times?

For example, my EDD dates have been sliding to the right by one day everyday for the last few days. This morning I woke up to it sliding to the left by a day (June 19-30).

I’m really just wondering if checking the site throughout the day really even matters or if I should just check et a certain time in hopes of getting the Tesla Vision prompt and subsequent VIN.
I don't know but my EDD changed to June 19-30 too. It was the 18th.

I thought the same. I was surprised they did not
Happy for you! but... also a little disappointed to hear that they don't automatically reroute that vin number to the next person with that order description. Looks like I'll have to add the inventory page to the list of pages I refresh hourly HA. Congrats on finding your new car!
hki
Porter Ranch, CA

Silver SR+ partial premium.

I posted already, but want to share more detail information with all the people in this waiting room :)

Ordered May 2nd 2021

6/15/2021 3pm: I got vision agreement
4pm: I got VIN number
6pm: documents sign
11pm: ACH payment
6/16/2021 9am: tesla computer calling for announcing delivery scheduled 6/17/2021
We are going to be matching on the road. I live in Simi.

Cheers enjoy. I got mine on Tuesday.

Anyone waiting for a VIN in Vancouver, Canada? I'm curious about the situation with Canadian deliveries. Put an order for a Model 3 SR+ MSM with black interior late March and I am still awaiting a VIN.
Edmonton here, placed order March 28th. Got teslavision notification and request to pay balance. Delievery set for June 20-26. SR+ white/black, no upgrades.

Reactions: GiFer and Ryakal
For everyone that had already received their VIN/picked up their cars, how much did your EDD change before your actual scheduled delivery date came? Just trying to figure out so I can take the day off work lol
I read a long time ago that any date should be taken as tentative. Just assume it will change constantly until you actually have the car in your hands. I've heard of appointments getting cancelled within hours of the pick up.

Reactions: kelseymarie38
Like many of you, I check my Tesla account xx times per day.

For anyone that knows, is there a certain time the site gets updated? Or is it at random times?

For example, my EDD dates have been sliding to the right by one day everyday for the last few days. This morning I woke up to it sliding to the left by a day (June 19-30).

I’m really just wondering if checking the site throughout the day really even matters or if I should just check et a certain time in hopes of getting the Tesla Vision prompt and subsequent VIN.
Checking their site throughout the day doesn't matter one bit. If you don't find it fun to check, stop doing it. Public service announcement for people that don't know: Your EDD is irrelevant until you get a TeslaVision prompt. Even then, it's not very reliable; but before that prompt, yes it's irrelevant. So don't get your hopes up or get upset at your dates. 9-13 weeks EDD might mean you're getting the deliver 1 week from now. EDD don't mean anything and checking even once a week is a waste of time, again, unless you find it fun to do so (some find it very fun). EDD can and will change over and over and over and over again in seemingly random ways. Obsessing over it is pointless, asking on the forums what it means is pretty pointless too. Best advice I got was "Order and forget". I've had zero frustration over the waiting time; and I ordered in March. It's your choice to make it a fun waiting time or not. Choose fun :)

Reactions: JMO_Tes_Newbie
Nice! Placed an order a day before you. Hope this means I'll get a VIN some time soon cause I can't contain my excitement any longer.
I feel ya! I'm so excited. Take this as a mere opinion; but my understanding is that Western Canada is getting a pretty large shipment. So large there is overflow. As in, so many m3 that there will be left over inventory for others to buy. I'm not saying people who ordered in June will get theirs; but it sounded like anyone in March/April m3 order won't have an issue. Having said that, if you don't get your TeslaVision prompt in the next day or two, I'd probably call your Service Center/or email and very politely ask if you have a VIN assigned. Before doing that, check to see if they have existing inventory (lots are popping up in Alberta now for the inventory list bc, it's overflow from just how many we are getting!). If you don't have a VIN assigned, ask to have one from the existing inventory assigned, assuming you find the specs acceptable.

Regardless, I hope ya get it soon. So many people on these forums are blown away by April orders not being fulfilled. They got nothing on us March folk ;)

Reactions: Ryakal
Checking their site throughout the day doesn't matter one bit. If you don't find it fun to check, stop doing it. Public service announcement for people that don't know: Your EDD is irrelevant until you get a TeslaVision prompt. Even then, it's not very reliable; but before that prompt, yes it's irrelevant. So don't get your hopes up or get upset at your dates. 9-13 weeks EDD might mean you're getting the deliver 1 week from now. EDD don't mean anything and checking even once a week is a waste of time, again, unless you find it fun to do so (some find it very fun). EDD can and will change over and over and over and over again in seemingly random ways. Obsessing over it is pointless, asking on the forums what it means is pretty pointless too. Best advice I got was "Order and forget". I've had zero frustration over the waiting time; and I ordered in March. It's your choice to make it a fun waiting time or not. Choose fun :)

Just curious, what happens after accepting the TV prompt? I have held off because I'm probably gonna have to decline my VIN assignment.

My dates moved 4 days to left today:

Extended Order Status v0.2.1.9​

VIN​

• VIN: Not assigned
  • Previous VINs: None

Delivery​

• Delivery date: July 09 - July 29
  • Previous delivery dates:
    • July 13 - August 02
    • July 19 - August 08
Also received this email from Tesla:

Get ready for your Model 3 delivery with accessories from the Tesla Shop​

Not sure if this means anything. But probably got me excited for a second.

My dates moved 4 days to left today:

Extended Order Status v0.2.1.9​

VIN​

• VIN: Not assigned
  • Previous VINs: None

Delivery​

• Delivery date: July 09 - July 29
  • Previous delivery dates:
    • July 13 - August 02
    • July 19 - August 08
Also received this email from Tesla:

Get ready for your Model 3 delivery with accessories from the Tesla Shop​

Not sure if this means anything. But probably got me excited for a second.
I got this email a couple of days ago as well. doesn't mean anything 😢 still waiting on TV/VIN

If anyone in the Bay Area or Nor Cal is tired of waiting I just seen this one go up. Price is nice but white interior is what made me pass.
37CCC0A6-62EF-4C8C-95D5-7348CD1D36B6.jpeg

Shoutout to @makirules as I followed your lead. After refreshing my tesla account once again I was just given a delivery appointment of 6/26. I never received a text/email, it was just assigned to my account. Additionally at that time I was prompted to make my final payment which I just completed.

After submitting the payment I called the Indianapolis SC to inquire. The rep advised they have shifted to auto-assigning the appointment as some VINs were un-assigning from customer accounts if a text was sent. I'm thankful for this. This is where I followed Maki's lead and asked if the appointment could be moved up. The rep was able to bump it up to the afternoon of the 24th. If the appointment holds up, one week away from Tesla ownership!

Shoutout to @makirules as I followed your lead. After refreshing my tesla account once again I was just given a delivery appointment of 6/26. I never received a text/email, it was just assigned to my account. Additionally at that time I was prompted to make my final payment which I just completed.

After submitting the payment I called the Indianapolis SC to inquire. The rep advised they have shifted to auto-assigning the appointment as some VINs were un-assigning from customer accounts if a text was sent. I'm thankful for this. This is where I followed Maki's lead and asked if the appointment could be moved up. The rep was able to bump it up to the afternoon of the 24th. If the appointment holds up, one week away from Tesla ownership!
woohoo! congrats! the light at the end of the tunnel... is the headlights of your new car!