Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Collected my new M3 SR+ in Scottsdale last evening. Totally contactless: I followed the instructions texted to me. Even parked in the shade (105 deg outside!) Spent nearly an hour going over everything; only issue is that the drivers door is a little heavy - needs a fairly heavy hand to close. I'll see how that works out and perhaps get it fixed soon. Also, who knew that the wipers don't work if the door is open! Came with ~60% charge.
Now to find someone to apply PPF - any recommendations for NW valley
Congrats, I'll be picking up mine there too, ordered 6/30 so still have a minute to wait. But dynamic tint in Tempe has really high ratings and in a youtube video they talked about how they've done so many teslas by now that it's second hand nature to them.

Reactions: luckyguy
Got my VIN Saturday 7/31. Payment requirement was added today 8/2. Delivery of the vehicle to my home is scheduled for 8/4. Ordered 7/3, Model: SR+ MSM w/ 19" rims. Was shocked to find they are doing home delivery even though when I placed the order this was not an option. Either way, I am glad it is getting delivered and I don't have to uber it to the Tesla location.
Wow only waited about a month! Congrats!

Reactions: NB Hip fan
Collected my new M3 SR+ in Scottsdale last evening. Totally contactless: I followed the instructions texted to me. Even parked in the shade (105 deg outside!) Spent nearly an hour going over everything; only issue is that the drivers door is a little heavy - needs a fairly heavy hand to close. I'll see how that works out and perhaps get it fixed soon. Also, who knew that the wipers don't work if the door is open! Came with ~60% charge.
Now to find someone to apply PPF - any recommendations for NW valley?
I picked mine up on Saturday, same place. I notice that the driver door I also have to close it quite firmly, or it doesn't latch all the way. I was thinking maybe it would break itself in or something. Also looking for PPF in NW valley.

Reactions: Tesconnect
Ordered my white Model 3 SR+ aero wheels on 7/25. Have been watching the EDD move from 8-14 weeks, then September 5-25, and now back to 8-14 weeks today. I am assuming these estimates are similar to Elon's timing on releases of new products!:) I need to drive 5 hours to pick up the Model 3 when it's ready so It would bench to have a reliable time line for planning purposes.

Reactions: NB Hip fan
SITREP: hello week 10. Ordered May 23 and Edd moved a whole month to Sept 20-30 (week 17/18 from order date) this morning. No update from SA other than they hope to see an update in the next couple days. I see deliveries in LA so I guess they aren't getting down to San Diego.
In OC near Costa Mesa pickup, I went from August 8th to September 18th this morning. I have a feeling that they just mess around with dates based off of how much you login and check.. haha

I got a Vin!!!!!!! Got an email it was ready and another one saying that the final payment is now due. Literally jumped up and down like a kid at Christmas then ran down to the basement to tell my partner, who already knew what was up because I was so excited.

I ordered 6/12, red/white, 19in, no FSD, original EDD 8-12 weeks.
Congratulations!!!!

Hello everyone. New to these forums! I ordered my White SR+ w/ premium wheels on 7/30. Updated yesterday to 8/14 weeks. Was much sooner originally after placing order. I'm sure that adjustment is normal, and I expect to wait a while.

VERY excited to be joining the Tesla club, can't wait to take delivery.

QUESTION: I read online that even if you plan to finance with Tesla to mark paying cash and change it later. Seems a little disingenuous to me, but I hesitantly did based on several things I've read. Also, why would I pull my credit now for a car I'm buying weeks or months from now? Can anyone elaborate?

Thanks!

Hello everyone. New to these forums! I ordered my White SR+ w/ premium wheels on 7/30. Updated yesterday to 8/14 weeks. Was much sooner originally after placing order. I'm sure that adjustment is normal, and I expect to wait a while.

QUESTION: I read online that even if you plan to finance with Tesla to mark paying cash and change it later. Seems a little disingenuous to me, but I hesitantly did based on several things I've read. Also, why would I pull my credit now for a car I'm buying weeks or months from now? Can anyone elaborate?

Thanks!
For what it is worth I put cash given the horror stories i've heard from people about credit expiring, hard pulling twice etc. As soon as I got my VIN I called in and they switched it to Finance within 5 seconds. They didn't even ask any questions and submitting the credit application / getting matched to a bank takes few minutes.

Thanks!
You shouldn’t do any credit pulls until you have a delivery appointment scheduled. The estimated delivery date changes constantly and is unreliable. Do not look at it. After a while you’ll start to understand why as I know you’re still going to.

The idea that cash payment is putting you farther in line is true simply because of the fact that your profile is considered “complete” or “eligible”.
Depending on your financing situation, you can be in a similar boat to me where you receive a draft check valid for 90 days and can submit self financing to complete your profile.
Only issue with this is reliability to be approved or denied but for most, thats not an issue.

The best advice I can offer is, expect the tail end of your original order estimate (likely 14 weeks) and be happy if it arrives sooner. Ignore the EDD even it it says August because you likely will NOT get that lucky.
Another good piece of advice is to check the Existing Inventory page frequently throughout the days until your original order arrives and reserve a configuration you like that is in transit and has no delivery fee. This will get you your car within 2-3 weeks of ordering at the worst case, and within a few days at the best case.

With that being said, welcome to the family and best of luck going insane!

Thanks!
Welcome. Many folks in this forum got the 8-14 weeks EDD today. Hopefully it changes tomorrow. Also heard from folks here that one shouldn’t read too much into EDD, unless you are close to getting a VIN.

Hadn’t heard about that tip and trick for financing before.. Wish that I knew it before I booked the car.

• Informative
Reactions: gabeincal