Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know I’m not supposed to be paying attention to EDD, or put too much weight behind it, but my order was on 5/25. I was quoted 9-13 weeks. today is week 10. Should be receiving a VIN any day now, right? My SA said my car was supposed to be produced 7/30 and delivered to me 8/15 when I checked with him about a week ago which lined up with my EDD at the time. This week my EDD has pushed back to September 09 - September 29 and he is now unresponsive. 😔😔😔 I’m super happy and excited for you all, but to see people with my same configuration who ordered a month or more after me get VINs is a little bit of salt in the wound.

red/black base everything else

previous EDDs so far:
July 20 - August 9
June 27 - 30
9-13 weeks (July 27- August 24)
July 14 - August 3
July 13 - August 2
July 14 - August 3
July 15 - August 4
July 14 - August 3
July 21 - August 10
July 22 - August 21
9-13 weeks
July 22 - August 21
9-13 weeks
July 24 - August 21
August 05 - September 04
July 31 - August 30
August 05 - September 04
8-12 weeks (July 20 - August 17)
August 11 - September 10
August 05 - September 04
August 06 - September 05
August 07 - September 05
August 19 - September 18
August 13 - September 12
August 18 - September 07
August 25 - September 14
August 31 - September 20
8-14 weeks (July 20 - August 31)
September 01 - September 21
September 09 - September 29
5/31 here with blue/white. I get it. You ordered even before me, so it must not feel great right now. And I keep seeing people with the same config as me but who ordered after me getting theirs first too. My dates moved back this week after being told 8/15 by my SA as well and it’s definitely taking away from the excitement. My financing expires on 8/20 with my bank so I’ll have to do another hard pull to apply again. I only applied when I did because I got an email from Tesla saying I needed to get financing in order and so I did. And then the next day I got an email saying basically “oops, that wasn’t meant for you.” I’m holding out hope that all us May holdouts get our VINs this week or next!

5/31 here with blue/white. I get it. You ordered even before me, so it must not feel great right now. And I keep seeing people with the same config as me but who ordered after me getting theirs first too. My dates moved back this week after being told 8/15 by my SA as well and it’s definitely taking away from the excitement. My financing expires on 8/20 with my bank so I’ll have to do another hard pull to apply again. I only applied when I did because I got an email from Tesla saying I needed to get financing in order and so I did. And then the next day I got an email saying basically “oops, that wasn’t meant for you.” I’m holding out hope that all us May holdouts get our VINs this week or next!
Yup, I think we’re feeling about the same now. My financing hasn’t expired and I’m at 65 days from being approved. My trade in is going to expire for a second time any day now.

Yup, I think we’re feeling about the same now. My financing hasn’t expired and I’m at 65 days from being approved. My trade in is going to expire for a second time any day now.
I've also been watching the forum lately confused about how anyone from July onwards has already gotten a VIN when there are people from May and June still awaiting. 😆🤦🏾‍♀️ It's good for them but pretty painful to see honestly.. I'm a bit bitter towards Tesla myself and I have my delivery scheduled already 😅

That being said, I've seen both of you posting on the forum a lot helping people and cheering people on. When the time comes that you both get your VINs, schedule delivery, and post your car pics, I WILL BE OVER THE MOON HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! 🥂🎉🎉🎉 Once you both get yours I think I can finally retire from the waiting room 😭 it's been a horrible wait that doesn't make sense but it won't matter after we get to drive around in our new cars! WHEEEEEEEEE

I've also been watching the forum lately confused about how anyone from July onwards has already gotten a VIN when there are people from May and June still awaiting. 😆🤦🏾‍♀️ It's good for them but pretty painful to see honestly.. I'm a bit bitter towards Tesla myself and I have my delivery scheduled already 😅
I think it all has to do with Tesla’s production structure that tends to push towards the end of the quarter. The earlier in the quarter you order, the likelier you’ll have to wait until the end of the quarter to take delivery. Plus, location and configuration/model is a variable too, where West Coast more than often takes delivery last.

Reactions: Vystery and RogerMc
So So Cal is still in pending, right? I see a lot of TX and Bay Area getting VIN's

I think I'm the only one in TX still pending a VIN 😂😭. I ordered on June 16th. Blue with black interior. Mine is showing August 16 - August 24

• Previous delivery dates:
    • August 16 - August 23
    • August 15 - August 23
    • August 14 - August 23
    • August 11 - August 22
    • August 10 - August 26
    • August 09 - August 26
    • August 08 - August 26
    • August 07 - August 26
    • August 06 - August 26
    • August 04 - August 18
    • August 14 - September 03
    • August 06 - August 26
    • August 15 - September 04
    • 7-13 weeks
    • 8-12 weeks
    • July 27 - August 16
    • July 21 - August 04
    • 9-13 weeks
    • August 01 - August 21
    • July 25 - August 14
    • July 12 - August 01
    • July 13 - August 02
    • July 25 - August 14
    • July 19 - August 08
    • July 11 - July 31
    • July 18 - August 07

Saw someone with the exact configuration as me who ordered on a later date get a VIN already. I think this is a random lottery lol.

Reactions: Vystery
I think I'm the only one in TX still pending a VIN 😂😭. I ordered on June 16th. Blue with black interior. Mine is showing August 16 - August 24

• August 16 - August 23
    • August 15 - August 23
    • August 14 - August 23
    • August 11 - August 22
    • August 10 - August 26
    • August 09 - August 26
    • August 08 - August 26
    • August 07 - August 26
    • August 06 - August 26
    • August 04 - August 18
    • August 06 - August 26
    • 7-13 weeks
    • 8-12 weeks
    • July 27 - August 16
    • July 21 - August 04
    • 9-13 weeks
    • August 01 - August 21
    • July 25 - August 14
    • July 12 - August 01
    • July 13 - August 02
    • July 25 - August 14
    • July 19 - August 08
    • July 11 - July 31
    • July 18 - August 07

Saw someone with the exact configuration as me who ordered on a later date get a VIN already. I think this is a random lottery lol.
I ordered the same day. Still no VIN. In TX as well

That being said, I've seen both of you posting on the forum a lot helping people and cheering people on. When the time comes that you both get your VINs, schedule delivery, and post your car pics, I WILL BE OVER THE MOON HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! 🥂🎉🎉🎉 Once you both get yours I think I can finally retire from the waiting room 😭 it's been a horrible wait that doesn't make sense but it won't matter after we get to drive around in our new cars! WHEEEEEEEEE
Aww! Thank you 🥰 I am truly excited for everyone and this forum has kept me sane. And my husband too because if he hears me say Tesla one more time I think he’s going to move out lol. Seeing all the pickups and photos of new cars is keeping me going.

This is exactly why I vented here. Just when I think I can't handle our collective purgatory much longer I read messages like these and I get super excited!! You are absolutely right!
I think it all has to do with Tesla’s production structure that tends to push towards the end of the quarter. The earlier in the quarter you order, the likelier you’ll have to wait until the end of the quarter to take delivery. Plus, location and configuration/model is a variable too, where West Coast more than often takes delivery last.
This was the reason I thought ordering last quarter I would be placed early in this quarter being in FL. Not much more east I could go 😅
I am definitely not playing the power ball for awhile LOL
And my husband too because if he hears me say Tesla one more time I think he’s going to move out lol. Seeing all the pickups and photos of new cars is keeping me going.
I am in the same boat with my partner. The other day we walked from the apartment to the car and were sweating from the sauna that is FL and got into the sweltering car. I said "Once I have my car I can turn the A/C on from upstairs and we can get into a nice cool car!" the response I got was "By the time it comes it will be December and you wont need that feature anymore." 🥲 I try and keep my venting about the EDD on here unless I'm asked and then give the latest date with a 🤷‍♂️.

Anyone had thoughts of getting a part time job at their local Tesla to get a discount and possibly first dibs on inventory to expedite the process? I may or may not have looked for available positions recently. 🤣 I have interviewed with them before for a store manager position years ago.

This is exactly why I vented here. Just when I think I can't handle our collective purgatory much longer I read messages like these and I get super excited!! You are absolutely right!

This was the reason I thought ordering last quarter I would be placed early in this quarter being in FL. Not much more east I could go 😅

I am definitely not playing the power ball for awhile LOL

I am in the same boat with my partner. The other day we walked from the apartment to the car and were sweating from the sauna that is FL and got into the sweltering car. I said "Once I have my car I can turn the A/C on from upstairs and we can get into a nice cool car!" the response I got was "By the time it comes it will be December and you wont need that feature anymore." 🥲 I try and keep my venting about the EDD on here unless I'm asked and then give the latest date with a 🤷‍♂️.

Anyone had thoughts of getting a part time job at their local Tesla to get a discount and possibly first dibs on inventory to expedite the process? I may or may not have looked for available positions recently. 🤣 I have interviewed with them before for a store manager position years ago.
you will have to let us know how the tesla career thing pans out + if there is a way to jump the line 😂😂

Aww! Thank you 🥰 I am truly excited for everyone and this forum has kept me sane. And my husband too because if he hears me say Tesla one more time I think he’s going to move out lol. Seeing all the pickups and photos of new cars is keeping me going.
My wife is the same way! :) I think ive watched every single Tesla model 3 video on YouTube. Shes's been a trooper and watched a good amount of them with me so now shes a semi-tesla expert.

My EDD is in the single digits (Aug 16-Aug 15th) for the first time. Come on VIN!!!!

Just got text msg from SA saying I will be getting VIN in about 3 weeks.
Last week my SA said I'm getting car 2nd week of Aug 😂

Ordered 6/12 , socal
Just got my EDD back. Moved out the furthest it has been so far. August 28 - September 17. It was August 8 - 28 the last time it was there. I think I'm going to give up on checking it and go back to looking at it every weekend.

San Diego, Ordered 6/5, Red/white/aero
I ordered mine on 6/2 am now back to Sept 16 to the 28th. I looked up the vin checker and it says no vin assigned. So I do believe that the California deliveries generally do happen toward the end of each quarter.

Reactions: Vystery

• August 16 - August 23
    • August 15 - August 23
    • August 14 - August 23
    • August 11 - August 22
    • August 10 - August 26
    • August 09 - August 26
    • August 08 - August 26
    • August 07 - August 26
    • August 06 - August 26
    • August 04 - August 18
    • August 06 - August 26
    • 7-13 weeks
    • 8-12 weeks
    • July 27 - August 16
    • July 21 - August 04
    • 9-13 weeks
    • August 01 - August 21
    • July 25 - August 14
    • July 12 - August 01
    • July 13 - August 02
    • July 25 - August 14
    • July 19 - August 08
    • July 11 - July 31
    • July 18 - August 07

There's also the pay all cash thought 😭 which sort of sucks, but okkk. I think I've just accepted my fate, whenever my date comes I just hope there's nothing wrong with the car, itself.
😂😂 heyyyy! I was born and raise in NorCal..used the word HELLA a lot!🤣🤣
when I move down to SoCal 7 years ago, I heard a lot of born&raise SoCal ppl using it. I was shock 😂😂
Hahahahaha I started using Hella to replace other not-work-appropriate words. 😂

I've had my trade ins expire 3 times now? I keep getting within 2 days of delivery date and then when the 1 day happens, it shifts me a month out. 😭 Pretty sure everytime I check my trade in value it goes down because of it--its 2k less than my original inquiry now.
Just got the text to schedule delivery 😃 August 16...hope all goes well
Good luck!!

Reactions: Timdoggg85