Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll call them today and ask. I initially selected Fremont factory, but my SA is in Dublin. I don't see anything about where it might be on my account.
Got the VIN yesterday, and today the dates have pushed back from 8/5-8 to 8/6-9, and the Agreements box still hasnt come up to submit final payment.
Okay gotcha maybe I misread where you were in the process. The delivery location will show up after you get your official date for delivery. Probably because you only have your VIN and have a close-coming EDD, your car may be going through post-production inspections. 😄 But always good to ask just to be sure.

Also, if it helps with your expectations, I only got to send my final payment after I got an official delivery date, and the agreements will show up to be signed within 24 hours of your delivery! Hope this all helps! Sorry if I confused you there lol 😆

Okay gotcha maybe I misread where you were in the process. The delivery location will show up after you get your official date for delivery. Probably because you only have your VIN and have a close-coming EDD, your car may be going through post-production inspections. 😄 But always good to ask just to be sure.

Also, if it helps with your expectations, I only got to send my final payment after I got an official delivery date, and the agreements will show up to be signed within 24 hours of your delivery! Hope this all helps! Sorry if I confused you there lol 😆
Yea, I figured the car is still either being checked out and it might take a few days after receiving the VIN number to get some actual dates. Hopefully I have a choice to pick the date, the SA says you get a 3 day range to select from - but considering he's been wrong on everything else I won't hold my breath, haha!
Fully expecting them to just select it for me.

Honestly though I wouldn't mind picking up from Dublin or doing home delivery, whatever is faster... haha

Reactions: Leah

How long did it take you to go from VIN -> final payment and official date?

Front date keeps sliding forward a day. Back date has remained constant for multiple days now.

Aug. 6 - Aug 16

10 day window. Browsing other waiting posts I've seen the VIN pop up around ~10 day spread. Will pray to the squirrel gods of TMC to bless me with a VIN today.
Our edd reflects so many times. Currently at 8/6-8/15. What is frustrating once my edd was at 8/2-8/9 (8 days), yet no vin. Maybe the theory of Cali folks receiving the last shipment holds true.

Reactions: Baytomax
Our edd reflects so many times. Currently at 8/6-8/15. What is frustrating once my edd was at 8/2-8/9 (8 days), yet no vin. Maybe the theory of Cali folks receiving the last shipment holds true.
We're car transport buddies by now haha.

I did reach out to order support last week and the rep told me that my delivery will be the week of 8/9 - 8/16. Taking it with a grain of salt as everyone should with EDDs but they did say that from what they see on their end and the date being this close, that it's very definitive and I should be expecting it very soon.

View attachment 691966

Yeah I also selected the factory for delivery when I ordered because it was the only option but when they originally scheduled my delivery (I didn't get to choose my date or time) it showed my own address and the factory said they're trying to do as many home deliveries as possible 😭 no big deal if you're okay with that but just watch out for it because it was unexpected for me lol also I personally wanted to pick it up from the factory so I had them change it for me.
Beautiful

How long did it take you to go from VIN -> final payment and official date?
The order for me was:

**Vin > date > payment > final time of day > agreements**

Vin to final delivery date was 5 days!

Then from final delivery date to payment was 2 additional days!

As soon as I made my final payment, someone called me to confirm everything was good to go and then they changed my window from " 08/06 @ 9AM - 6PM" to "08/06 @ 4PM - 6PM".

Still haven't signed the final agreements though! They'll come tomorrow or Friday morning!

We're car transport buddies by now haha.

I did reach out to order support last week and the rep told me that my delivery will be the week of 8/9 - 8/16. Taking it with a grain of salt as everyone should with EDDs but they did say that from what they see on their end and the date being this close, that it's very definitive and I should be expecting it very soon.
I just hate every day Edd moving 2 days to the right. At least the back end hasn't moved

Reactions: NB Hip fan
I just hate every day Edd moving 2 days to the right. At least the back end hasn't moved
Yup I am with you there 100%. My EDD only changes once per day in the morning and it stays that way until the next morning.

I really do think we're both in the final home stretch.

If I were to do this again I would never order a build online again. I'd 100% buy from existing inventory.

The order for me was:

**Vin > date > payment > final time of day > agreements**

Vin to final delivery date was 5 days!

Then from final delivery date to payment was 2 additional days!

As soon as I made my final payment, someone called me to confirm everything was good to go and then they changed my window from " 08/06 @ 9AM - 6PM" to "08/06 @ 4PM - 6PM".

Still haven't signed the final agreements though! They'll come tomorrow or Friday morning!
Sorry by "final delivery date" I mean that I was able to see the final date in my account. Keep in mind I didn't get to choose my date I was just assigned one. My delivery date is 08/06!

Also, this forum needs to allow us to edit our messages lol 😆

Edit: omg wait it does 🤦🏾‍♀️🤯

Last edited:
Sorry by "final delivery date" I mean that I was able to see the final date in my account. Keep in mind I didn't get to choose my date I was just assigned one. My delivery date is 08/06!

Also, this forum needs to allow us to edit our messages lol 😆

Edit: omg wait it does 🤦🏾‍♀️🤯
haha! Yea it does :)

Well cool, we seem to have a very similar timeline. My EDD was stuck in late September and then randomly got a VIN. I'll keep an eye out for the final payment email, and stop refreshing so often lol. Hopefully by this time next week I'll have the car.

Good luck on Friday!

Reactions: NB Hip fan and Leah
Aww! Thank you 🥰 I am truly excited for everyone and this forum has kept me sane. And my husband too because if he hears me say Tesla one more time I think he’s going to move out lol. Seeing all the pickups and photos of new cars is keeping me going.
You certainly have been very patient and have been encouraging everyone on this forum. The color blue tends to be one of the last ones. Looking at the mid point of your EDD range, I would presume you would have VIN now. Also, from Freemont, it would take 10-12 days to get the car by rail and road to Maryland so I think your VIN is coming soon. Hang in there and you will be rewarded.

OH YEAH BABY!
VIN.png

Yup I am with you there 100%. My EDD only changes once per day in the morning and it stays that way until the next morning.

I really do think we're both in the final home stretch.

If I were to do this again I would never order a build online again. I'd 100% buy from existing inventory.
I couldn’t find anything existing inventory. Then everything pre owned was the same price as what I bought. I wasn’t going to buy something 2 years old with 30k miles and pay new prices.

haha! Yea it does :)

Well cool, we seem to have a very similar timeline. My EDD was stuck in late September and then randomly got a VIN. I'll keep an eye out for the final payment email, and stop refreshing so often lol. Hopefully by this time next week I'll have the car.

Good luck on Friday!
Yes the same thing happened to me!

Realistically, I've been refreshing my account several times a day now that there's more to lose! I feel the need to make sure they're not changing their minds about something. I won't breathe until I can get in the car and lock the doors 😂

Looking forward to seeing your journey through! Please keep us updated and post pics!

• Funny
Reactions: Clinterific
I received messages from Tesla saying that today is the last day to schedule my delivery. On the delivery scheduling page, I see "Add bank account and pay" button but I am going to be using a DCU loan, will be docusinging it today, or I can sign it in the DCU branch if its faster.

My SA is not responding, what should I do?
I would schedule delivery. DCU would fedex the check to Freemont and send you the image of check and the Fedex tracking. You can show that to Tesla at delivery and they are ok with it. When my check from DCU reached Tesla, they posted it on the same day and I picked up the car next day. DCU does lot of Tesla financing similar to what you are doing. I would go ahead and schedule your delivery.

Yes the same thing happened to me!

Realistically, I've been refreshing my account several times a day now that there's more to lose! I feel the need to make sure they're not changing their minds about something. I won't breathe until I can get in the car and lock the doors 😂

Looking forward to seeing your journey through! Please keep us updated and post pics!
Exactly how I feel. Tesla gives a VIN... Tesla takes away VIN.... hahaha