Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery today, I was lucky to get matched to a car from someone who wanted to delay their delivery, if not Tesla had me for mid-September. Unfortunately I had to rush my pick-up, everything looks good except a minor gap in the window trim and it seems to be some 'rust?' between the paint and clear coat, not sure at this point since I haven't had the time to properly check.
I drove the car and when I parked the screen went black and I tried resetting myself, it came back to life everything looks good.
Congrats! I hope the wait is worth it!

Reactions: parfon
Thought the community would enjoy this recent adventure. So my EDD is hovering at 10/15-11/3 right now (ordered 7/23, based in NJ). Like others I received the email about the new batch of card avail. This afternoon I call up an SA at Springfield NJ to ask him to have my deposit switched to a SR+ with same specs that was sitting in Washington DC. He told me they won’t transfer the car to Springfield. Said they used to awhile back but don’t do that anymore. I said I’m willing to pay the transfer fee (it’s time sensitive that I get this car ASAP). He said it doesn’t matter. Tesla will not transfer the car. Said the only cars you can get from existing inventory and get to Springfield would need to be based in NY or NJ. I was disappointed after the call as I need this call shorty and waiting potentially to middle or end of Oct isn’t going to work well. So I went online to Tesla site and clicked the chat box to speak with someone. Asked to do the same thing (transfer car from Washington DC to NJ). The person over chat box said sure thing! $500 delivery fee. Your prior $100 deposit will be transferred over to reduce the higher $250 deposit fee amount that it now costs. Got my VIN shortly thereafter. 8/31-9/4 is EDD.

Yes I paid a little more for the car with delivery but will now likely have one next week instead of mid Oct at best. Disappointed that the SA from Springfield NJ mislead me, but goes to show how much some of them know or care to help with. If you don’t get the answer you like you may want to do what I did and try online…

Check out the actual article rather than the OneCharge summary. The keys to these conclusions are highly dependent on repeated 0%-100% cycles and temperature. So if you repeatedly go from 0% to 100%, yes you're correct that LFP would be more robust - and that said, you really should have purchased a LR version instead.

I'll take the lower weight and higher charge/discharge rate of the Panasonic. A 265 pound weight difference is huge.
Good point. Maximum difference is at 0-100%... but still very significant at 20-80 and 40-60. I'm sure no EV battery actually runs 0-100% as there is a buffer.
I still think the SR+ (either LFP or NMC) is a sweet spot for most people that don't need AWD. If I didn't also have a Subaru, I'd probably go for the AWD for the snow.

Thought the community would enjoy this recent adventure. So my EDD is hovering at 10/15-11/3 right now (ordered 7/23, based in NJ). Like others I received the email about the new batch of card avail. This afternoon I call up an SA at Springfield NJ to ask him to have my deposit switched to a SR+ with same specs that was sitting in Washington DC. He told me they won’t transfer the car to Springfield. Said they used to awhile back but don’t do that anymore. I said I’m willing to pay the transfer fee (it’s time sensitive that I get this car ASAP). He said it doesn’t matter. Tesla will not transfer the car. Said the only cars you can get from existing inventory and get to Springfield would need to be based in NY or NJ. I was disappointed after the call as I need this call shorty and waiting potentially to middle or end of Oct isn’t going to work well. So I went online to Tesla site and clicked the chat box to speak with someone. Asked to do the same thing (transfer car from Washington DC to NJ). The person over chat box said sure thing! $500 delivery fee. Your prior $100 deposit will be transferred over to reduce the higher $250 deposit fee amount that it now costs. Got my VIN shortly thereafter. 8/31-9/4 is EDD.

Yes I paid a little more for the car with delivery but will now likely have one next week instead of mid Oct at best. Disappointed that the SA from Springfield NJ mislead me, but goes to show how much some of them know or care to help with. If you don’t get the answer you like you may want to do what I did and try online…
Glad to hear everything worked out. How did you manage to speak to an SA in Springfield? It seems like they are all too busy to return my call.

i have a background in customer service so in my heart of hearts, i want to give our SA’s the benefit of the doubt. i have no idea what it must be like to field the emails + phone calls they do on the daily.

but i also feel like the messaging is not unified + experiences like this are so disheartening.

was curious if a car from boston area (my config with 19” wheels) could be transferred here + the online quote had a $1k transport fee built in. 😳 i obviously aborted but i’m wondering if transportation to/from certain routes are more expensive than others.

Congrats! Can you clarify, is it a 253mi or 263mi range?

Well that's good in the end! That's going to be fun if the guy who told you he couldn't do it is there when you take delivery...

I assume that the reason I'm getting a home delivery is because I live 10 minutes from the service center... It's probably easier for them to do it that way. Not too sure why my earliest option was the 6th but heck (Labor day too). I'll just hope to I get a call saying they can come earlier (work isn't an issue anymore, I messed up my back so I'm stuck home for the near future unfortunately).

Hopefully whoever brings it over has time for us to look at the car, but is it such a big deal if we don't notice a fault right away? I assume we can call them if we find something wrong afterward and it will still be covered?

Also I still have no option to pay off the balance so I'm guessing it shows up closer to delivery date?

Why pay $500 for transport from DC when there were cars in the Metro NYC area for free? Unless I guess they didn’t match your specs?

Reactions: Francl27
Kind of a mess, but there seems to be a lot of cars available now. My original order was a red/white due 9/27 - 9/30, then today an opportunity came up to buy the same car in Scottsdale AZ that is in inventory. Then a few minutes later another opportunity came up to order the same config again in Los Angeles where I actually live, so I jumped on that as well. My SA texted me and told me not to order any more cars. The third one I ordered isn’t showing up on my account web page, perhaps because there is a 2-car limit. At any rate my SA is out today and says she will call me tomorrow to try to get things cleaned up….

Saved by my awesome SA Katelyn, she cleaned up the 3-order mess and left me looking at the same car as my original order, except with a vin and a projected delivery date of 8/29 - 9/1 (instead of 9/27-9/30).

Last edited:
I'm West coast so we can in theory have car one day after it leaves factory. I would imagine the cars showing up in NJ have been in transit for a week or so.

The SAs are in the dark too.
duh 🙈 that makes total sense.

i wish you guys would get your cars faster anyway; you’re so close to production that it’s stupid to make you all wait til EOQ.

Reactions: HyperionM3
duh 🙈 that makes total sense.

i wish you guys would get your cars faster anyway; you’re so close to production that it’s stupid to make you all wait til EOQ.
If it makes sense to you cool. But it still doesn't to me. SAs might not always be transparent.

I just hope I didn't convert an EOQ order into another EOQ order. But the fact that I have a VIN is a good sign and an improvement.

When I placed the order last night, it indicated a specific city as location. But the car was NOT currently in that city. The car likely hasn't even been built.

I ordered yesterday one of the inventory cars everything standard other than its grey with lfp battery and today i got the vin for my original order everything standard other than its white with original battery. idk what to do....
If you cancel the inventory order you will lose $250. If you merge the original and new order, the original $100 should be applied to the new along with the $250. This is what I've been told.

What amazes me is that it appears that NCA batteries are the supply constraint for Tesla and not chips like every other auto manufacturer. Seems they have plenty of chips available if they're now pumping out SR+ with these LFP batteries!

Is there a disadvantage to the different batteries? I can land a SR+ for delivery 9/8-9/16 instead of my original order that keeps getting pushed back closer to Christ returning.