Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
people have been saying this gets credited on the backend later on. i would keep an eye out for it, but not expect to see it within the next couple days. maybe a few weeks, even.

when i spoke to tesla online they said they were aware of us making the switch and were getting set up to have the credit moved over. it was just taking time. (for what it’s worth 😂)
Thank you for the info! Hopefully we have good news next week! I have been here too long...😅

Reactions: asquared17
How did you fare with a SR+ model during bad road conditions like rain, snow and ice during the Jersey winters? I know that normal rear wheel drive vehicles cannot move well in snow but I saw quite a few videos of people driving in the snow with rear wheel drive Tesla's and not having an issue. I would assume this is because of the weight being evenly distributed on top of all four wheels because of the battery packs placement.
The MAIN REASON why anyone would need AWD or 4WD is to get yourself out when you're stuck. SR+ was more than sufficient for me, and with the weight and handling, slipping was not really an issue. I can't comment on if our SR+ can drive through 12"+ of snow like those big tall clearance pick ups , but I drove through snow slush and even accelerated on snow surface just to test the handling (try not to do with with other hittable objects around), no issues.

One last note, AWD does not help at all when it comes to slowing the car down, so if anyone's going to drive fast and furious during bad weather, no car is going to help them.

The MAIN REASON why anyone would need AWD or 4WD is to get yourself out when you're stuck. SR+ was more than sufficient for me, and with the weight and handling, slipping was not really an issue. I can't comment on if our SR+ can drive through 12"+ of snow like those big tall clearance pick ups , but I drove through snow slush and even accelerated on snow surface just to test the handling (try not to do with with other hittable objects around), no issues.

One last note, AWD does not help at all when it comes to slowing the car down, so if anyone's going to drive fast and furious during bad weather, no car is going to help them.
My last 4 cars have been AWD, I'm hoping with some good snow tires my experience can echo what we've all seen online.

people have been saying this gets credited on the backend later on. i would keep an eye out for it, but not expect to see it within the next couple days. maybe a few weeks, even.

when i spoke to tesla online they said they were aware of us making the switch and were getting set up to have the credit moved over. it was just taking time. (for what it’s worth 😂)

i was told from an SA that they just refund it back to you instead?

i have gotten stuck in the snow, and had an accident in the snow + swore to myself i’d never get an non-AWD vehicle again. i’m not a good snow-driver, i’m slow and careful and unnerved when people fly by me in SUVs.

but with the pandemic, my work situation changed and i no longer have to hoof it into work in bad weather. this is all very good info. again, THANK YOU for sharing!!

Reactions: daviddumais
My last 4 cars have been AWD, I'm hoping with some good snow tires my experience can echo what we've all seen online.

not sure how much snow you get but ive own RWD cars in NYC winters with regular all seasons and its been fine... just dont expect to drive out of being buried in snow or driving in conditions that you shouldnt be driving in the first place...

I drove by the dealership and my car is just sitting there waiting. They won't let me have it until passes final inspection and they don't have an estimate of when that will be completed. 🙄

Attachments

• IMG_0797.jpg
    IMG_0797.jpg
    781.4 KB · Views: 76

Ok call me crazy but... I actually prefer the RWD to the AWD. I test drove both and I liked the RWD much better on corners