Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When does the $100 initial order fee reflect on your account when you switch to the LFP model? My SA told me he would apply the $100 to the new order but I have not seen it. Then I was told it would show on the account 24 hours before delivery or on the day of delivery. I thought it would show on the new order immediately.
Mine actually showed up right away because they moved my new order to my original order number. I was worried about the $250 order fee from the new order but when I took delivery today they told me I will be refunded via check.

Reactions: HyperionM3
Picked up yesterday at the Rockville, Maryland location! Here's my experience.

1. Originally placed order for Model 3 SR+ White / White / Aero Wheels / No FSD on 7/21/2021.
  2. Finished all tasks by 7/22/2021. Initially, was going to trade-in a vehicle but sold it private party. Didn't renew the trade-in on my account after 30 days.
  3. Checked EDD daily and EDD range all over the place the first 22 days of waiting. Just toying with my heart with an EDD anywhere from 8/5/2021 all the way out to 11/14/2021.
  4. EDD range finally settled on 10/14/2021 to 11/3/2021 with no changes for 10 days. Now, just a waiting game.
  5. Received email from Tesla on 8/26/2021 that I could receive a SR+ with a 253 mile battery pack much quicker than my original order.
  6. Researched the LFP battery pack for an hour and said f*** it. $100 original order deposit will be transferred to my new order too.
  7. Placed a new order for the same configuration as my original order for pickup in Rockville, MD on 8/26/2021.
  8. VIN number shown right away with an EDD of 8/31/2021 to 9/6/2021. Nice.
  9. Received email about scheduling delivery next day on 8/27/2021.
  10. Scheduled delivery for 9/4/2021 at 11:00 am. It's really happening.
  11. Called into the Rockville service center on 9/2/2021 to ask about the $100 deposit on my original order.
  12. Rep cancelled my original order, opened a case, and said the $100 deposit would be reflected in my new order by delivery day.
  13. An advisor called me on 9/3/2021 notifying me that there were transit delays and new battery testing protocols, so my car won't be ready by 9/4/2021 but it'll be ready by 9/5/2021. That's fine.
  14. Rescheduled delivery for 9/5/2021 at 10:00 am.
  15. Original $100 deposit showed up as "Referral Credit" on 9/4/2021 so I accepted agreement and made final payment.
  16. Picked up some McDonalds breakfast around 9:00 am and got the notice that the car was ready at 9:32 am.
  17. Weather was s*** with clouds and rain but I don't care. Car looks great.
  18. Checked the car for an hour, signed the papers, and drove off smiling.
  19. So far, nothing wrong with the car except for one of the door handles being significantly more recessed than the others and the charging port door not being flush with the rest of the trim when closed.
  20. Scheduled a service appointment through the Tesla app for both minor issues and mobile service appointment confirmed for 9/16/2021
In hindsight, the only thing I would have done differently is call in and have the financing that was approved for my original order transferred to the new order. Would have saved me a hard pull on my Equifax credit report but I'll live.

The car looks beautiful and hope everyone gets their cars soon!

TeslaModel3SR+.jpg

Finally got my text to schedule delivery. I ordered 8/29 and immediately got a VIN. Was able to choose from Thursday, Friday or Saturday this week. Was tempted to call out Thursday cause I have a 13 hour shift but instead decided the responsible thing to do was wait until after work on Friday.

So hopefully the appointment holds and I'll get my white on white before the weekend!

Finally got my text to schedule delivery. I ordered 8/29 and immediately got a VIN. Was able to choose from Thursday, Friday or Saturday this week. Was tempted to call out Thursday cause I have a 13 hour shift but instead decided the responsible thing to do was wait until after work on Friday.

So hopefully the appointment holds and I'll get my white on white before the weekend!
Similar as you, ordered 8/28, immediately got VIN, car is now able to be picked up Thurs/Fri/Sat. Like you, I work all day Thurs/Fri, and thought about calling out, but did the responsible thing and scheduled for Saturday 😅

Similar as you, ordered 8/28, immediately got VIN, car is now able to be picked up Thurs/Fri/Sat. Like you, I work all day Thurs/Fri, and thought about calling out, but did the responsible thing and scheduled for Saturday 😅

congrats!!!

did y'all have EDDs on your accounts before the scheduling notification?

edit: oops scrolled up to see that sc97 had one :)

Last edited:
Reactions: sc97
How did you fare with a SR+ model during bad road conditions like rain, snow and ice during the Jersey winters? I know that normal rear wheel drive vehicles cannot move well in snow but I saw quite a few videos of people driving in the snow with rear wheel drive Tesla's and not having an issue. I would assume this is because of the weight being evenly distributed on top of all four wheels because of the battery packs placement.
I would recommend getting a rear sway bar, as I've heard SR+ don't have them

Stops body roll and stiffens things up