Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up yesterday at the Rockville, Maryland location! Here's my experience.

1. Originally placed order for Model 3 SR+ White / White / Aero Wheels / No FSD on 7/21/2021.
  2. Finished all tasks by 7/22/2021. Initially, was going to trade-in a vehicle but sold it private party. Didn't renew the trade-in on my account after 30 days.
  3. Checked EDD daily and EDD range all over the place the first 22 days of waiting. Just toying with my heart with an EDD anywhere from 8/5/2021 all the way out to 11/14/2021.
  4. EDD range finally settled on 10/14/2021 to 11/3/2021 with no changes for 10 days. Now, just a waiting game.
  5. Received email from Tesla on 8/26/2021 that I could receive a SR+ with a 253 mile battery pack much quicker than my original order.
  6. Researched the LFP battery pack for an hour and said f*** it. $100 original order deposit will be transferred to my new order too.
  7. Placed a new order for the same configuration as my original order for pickup in Rockville, MD on 8/26/2021.
  8. VIN number shown right away with an EDD of 8/31/2021 to 9/6/2021. Nice.
  9. Received email about scheduling delivery next day on 8/27/2021.
  10. Scheduled delivery for 9/4/2021 at 11:00 am. It's really happening.
  11. Called into the Rockville service center on 9/2/2021 to ask about the $100 deposit on my original order.
  12. Rep cancelled my original order, opened a case, and said the $100 deposit would be reflected in my new order by delivery day.
  13. An advisor called me on 9/3/2021 notifying me that there were transit delays and new battery testing protocols, so my car won't be ready by 9/4/2021 but it'll be ready by 9/5/2021. That's fine.
  14. Rescheduled delivery for 9/5/2021 at 10:00 am.
  15. Original $100 deposit showed up as "Referral Credit" on 9/4/2021 so I accepted agreement and made final payment.
  16. Picked up some McDonalds breakfast around 9:00 am and got the notice that the car was ready at 9:32 am.
  17. Weather was s*** with clouds and rain but I don't care. Car looks great.
  18. Checked the car for an hour, signed the papers, and drove off smiling.
  19. So far, nothing wrong with the car except for one of the door handles being significantly more recessed than the others and the charging port door not being flush with the rest of the trim when closed.
  20. Scheduled a service appointment through the Tesla app for both minor issues and mobile service appointment confirmed for 9/16/2021
In hindsight, the only thing I would have done differently is call in and have the financing that was approved for my original order transferred to the new order. Would have saved me a hard pull on my Equifax credit report but I'll live.

The car looks beautiful and hope everyone gets their cars soon!

Congrats CTF! Beautiful M3 in pearl white!

I got the call this morning from Tesla Rockville and picking mine up on Thursday Sept 9, 4pm.

How was your experience at the Tesla dealership? Does your vehicle come with the tire inflator (mandatory for MD)?

Hey guys. New to this message board. I sold my 2019 SR+ when I saw some new SR+‘s in stock the other day. I have a VIN and am pretty sure the car is at a dealer in PA. Does anyone have an idea if I have a chance I can get my delivery date moved up from the current estimate of 9/20 - 9/30? Looking forward to the refreshed Model 3. Was a no brained to upgrade it isn’t costing me much.

Reactions: VTShaggy
Hey guys. New to this message board. I sold my 2019 SR+ when I saw some new SR+‘s in stock the other day. I have a VIN and am pretty sure the car is at a dealer in PA. Does anyone have an idea if I have a chance I can get my delivery date moved up from the current estimate of 9/20 - 9/30? Looking forward to the refreshed Model 3. Was a no brained to upgrade it isn’t costing me much.
Probably not. I ordered on 8/26, mine's edd 8/7 to 8/13 still no schedule (I'm in PA). Some in NJ have gotten it already. I'm curious if you could pm me how much you got for your SR+ and where?

I’m in Phoenix as well. How’s it doing today in the heat? I’m very curious how the LFP does in the heat when it comes to range and charging.
Just did a 14 mile drive mixed highway and local. Used 6% battery. Weather is 100 degree. Car parked in the garage overnight before the trip. Looks like cooling down a hot interior is going to take a lot of battery, but once it's cool the numbers are pretty reasonable.

For those of you who picked up in NJ, did any of you pay through the website/plaid while picking up at dealer? Or you paid beforehand?
I paid right before leaving for the dealership. And accepted delivery once I saw the car on-site.

NOTE: You cannot enter the car until you accept delivery. They are being pretty strict about that.

Last edited:
The day is finally here! Awesome delivery experience at Springfield NJ. Everyone was super helpful even though they were slammed. I'll write a more detailed writeup in the coming days.

EDIT: Only complaint I would say is that the car had 31 miles on it. 😕

View attachment 706025
Congrats, can't wait to hear all about it! I would say I should be in your shoes in about a week based on your order date, but I still haven't gotten a VIN or an email!

does anyone know how modifying an order (no VIN yet) affects EDD? my S/O is thinking that he'd like sport wheels instead of the aeros; we're trying to decide whether he ought to modify his existing NCA order or hunt for a LFP drop in his preferred config.

happy to see all of the M3 pics too :)

The delivery was smooth. They home delivered and drove off with my trade-in. This car is amazing. Worth the hassle!
IMG_0800.jpg