Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery scheduled for Monday Buena Park!
My original EDD was 8/29 - 9/8. Earlier this week delayed to 9/13-9/22.

For anyone with end of august orders and have not schedule delivery. I was able to get a ticket submitted to transfer my car from fremont to the delivery center by calling the delivery center and saying "I have had my vin for over two weeks now and have yet to receive a text to schedule delivery". The SA pinged my car (to verify it was ready for transfer) and escalated a ticket to get my car transfer to the DC. I did this on Thursday and received a delivery text this morning!

Just keep calling your DC saying those magic words until someone actually helps you!
When did you order?

Ordered 9/6 delivery 9/16. Apparently got matched with a car coming off the line.
Dont let that Feb order date fool you. Place your order and expect to get it filled within 1-2 weeks.
Also my local store said all showroom/demo vehicles are coming off blocked sale on 9/20.

I also ordered a Model Y dual motor in the same config they have sitting on the showroom floor with 2 miles on it.
They have attatched my order to that vin and on 9/20 Ill have a Red Dual Motor Y as well.

Reactions: asquared17
Got my VIN at 3:30 AM. New EDD 09/22 - 09/28 - getting closer. FWIW I was told that Paramus is back online doing limited deliveries right now and will be at full capacity within a week. I'm not sure how that's possible after the roof allegedly caved in, something to do with most all the activity happening outside? Anyways, one step closer. Also my MVPA is showing 15 miles on the odometer; anyone else seeing similar numbers?

Reactions: asquared17
You can use a tesla vin decoder to determine it.

That particular VIN decoder tells me only that my car has a “Lithium-Ion Battery”. According to this decoder, Tesla vehicle VIN number Decoder, my car does NOT have an LFP battery. That would be interesting, because I selected an inventory car that showed a range of 253 miles. I found some online data suggesting the VIN decoders are not correct with regard to differentiating between LFP and NIC batteries.

That particular VIN decoder tells me only that my car has a “Lithium-Ion Battery”. According to this decoder, Tesla vehicle VIN number Decoder, my car does NOT have an LFP battery. That would be interesting, because I selected an inventory car that showed a range of 253 miles. I found some online data suggesting the VIN decoders are not correct with regard to differentiating between LFP and NIC batteries.
Yes the decoder is saying lithium ion battery because that’s what your car has. You even said yourself you selected a car w 253 mile range so why would you think it has a nic battery?

Yes the decoder is saying lithium ion battery because that’s what your car has. You even said yourself you selected a car w 253 mile range so why would you think it has a nic battery?
Perhaps I should have been more clear. You suggested a particular VIN decoder as a source for information as to whether one has an LFP or NIC battery. But that decoder does not differentiate; it says only that the model 3 SR+ has a lithium-ion battery, which covers both chemistries. The other VIN decoder I provided a link for says that I do NOT have an LFP battery. But I am pretty confident that I do as it was shown with 253 miles of range. Thus, I think the VIN decoders that do differentiate between NIC and LFP batteries are wrong, at least with regard to these newly released U.S. LFP models. And then I pointed out that there are other sources that agree with that conclusion.

Perhaps I should have been more clear. You suggested a particular VIN decoder as a source for information as to whether one has an LFP or NIC battery. But that decoder does not differentiate; it says only that the model 3 SR+ has a lithium-ion battery, which covers both chemistries. The other VIN decoder I provided a link for says that I do NOT have an LFP battery. But I am pretty confident that I do as it was shown with 253 miles of range. Thus, I think the VIN decoders that do differentiate between NIC and LFP batteries are wrong, at least with regard to these newly released U.S. LFP models. And then I pointed out that there are other sources that agree with that conclusion.
I should add, I think the best way to tell the difference is that the LFP version does not have the 90% line on the charge screen.