Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's it. Your car weighs 4658-826=3832#. Now a pair if stickers for an NCA, and we'll know the delta.
Right. Mine is 4446-826=3620. And, indeed, I do have the “daily” and “trip” delineation. So I guess that settles it on how to tell if your car has an NCA or LFP battery. As many have stated before, there are minor pros/cons based on your use case, but for most of us, it’s a non issue. E.g. my car will see a daily commute of 40 miles in temperate San Diego weather => either battery would’ve been okay.

Screenshot_20210913-074338.png

New M3 SR+ orders Est. Delivery now February. I wonder if orders are pouring in due to EV Tax Credit draft language?

I got my VIN on Sat. Delivery window was Sept 22-28 at that point. I called Tesla. The guy told me the vehicle was scheduled to arrive at my pickup point on Sept 26 but that could be sooner or a bit later. He set my delivery appt for Sept 27 at 10am (opening) and suggested I call a week out to see if the car was going to be delivered sooner. I thought it was helpful to understand what goes into the actual delivery. Then there is unforeseen stuff too.
that’s helpful. Are you picking up at the Charlotte or Raleigh location? I haven’t made my tentative pick up appointment yet. I guess i should call my SA or someone to get something on the books until i get the final text last minute. Have you received the vision agreement?

My EDD is 9/26-9/30 for my LFP order (my 7/18 NCA was automatically cancelled a few days ago).

Well I’ve had an interesting last few hours. Had my SR+ on order with EDD of November 10-30.

Saw a Red SR+ on inventory and grabbed it. Ended up cancelling it since it had some extra costs (didn’t put those out on the page) and it ended up canceling both my orders and now I’m out $500. And they couldn’t restore my original order

Pretty ticked about the whole thing and just about to give up. Currently drive a ‘19 Accord Touring that’s a great car with 26,000 miles so might just keep driving that for a little while longer.

Well I’ve had an interesting last few hours. Had my SR+ on order with EDD of November 10-30.

Saw a Red SR+ on inventory and grabbed it. Ended up cancelling it since it had some extra costs (didn’t put those out on the page) and it ended up canceling both my orders and now I’m out $500. And they couldn’t restore my original order

Pretty ticked about the whole thing and just about to give up. Currently drive a ‘19 Accord Touring that’s a great car with 26,000 miles so might just keep driving that for a little while longer.
What were the extra costs?

that’s helpful. Are you picking up at the Charlotte or Raleigh location? I haven’t made my tentative pick up appointment yet. I guess i should call my SA or someone to get something on the books until i get the final text last minute. Have you received the vision agreement?

My EDD is 9/26-9/30 for my LFP order (my 7/18 NCA was automatically cancelled a few days ago).
I am picking up in Raleigh. I called the Raleigh office but got someone from the central Tesla team (I think). He was really helpful actually. I haven't receive the vision agreement. I dont actually even know what that is. I uploaded my insurance info. Did you have to do anything to get the LFP or did Tesla automatically do that? I think it is interesting that so many EDDs are end of Sept. It makes sense with a truck or two arriving on the 26th.

Reactions: KirtBall

Did you personally cancel both orders? Be persistent calling Tesla. Keep your reservation numbers. You should be able to get at a new reservation for what you want without any additional order fee. It will take some patience on your part, but I'm confident you can get it done.

I am picking up in Raleigh. I called the Raleigh office but got someone from the central Tesla team (I think). He was really helpful actually. I haven't receive the vision agreement. I dont actually even know what that is. I uploaded my insurance info. Did you have to do anything to get the LFP or did Tesla automatically do that? I think it is interesting that so many EDDs are end of Sept. It makes sense with a truck or two arriving on the 26th.
I’m picking up in Charlotte. I think the vision agreement has something to do with the autopilot on the car but don’t quote me on that i may be completely wrong. I just know it’s another document we have to acknowledge. I just haven’t received any new docs under my account yet.

My first order was placed on July 18 (NCA battery) with the EDD bouncing all over the place until it stayed on Oct 16-Nov 2 for a few weeks. Around the end of Aug, Tesla sent out an email to folks with Q4 EDD mentioning that they have the M3 w/ the LFP battery available with a quicker delivery timeframe. I waited a week and then decided to pull the trigger when they had their 2nd drop on their inventory site.

Based on what i am reading, the LFP battery may be the battery type for M3 SR+ model going forward since the range on their order site is now showing 262.

i think the end of sept EDD is to have Tesla push as many cars ASAP before quarter end.

I'm curious how you guys are placing orders that have EDDs so soon? I placed my order in July and just got the EDD this weekend, and online it looks like EDD dates are out into 2022...
My guess (you’ll have to confirm with your SA) that since you order in July and did not jump on the LFP available inventory that you may get an NCA battery M3.