Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Tesla Model 3 SR+ through the existing inventory page. I was assigned a VIN on the day of ordering with an estimated delivery date of Sep 22-30. I completed all the paperwork within 3 days after placing the order and currently just waiting for my insurance card to come. However, when I checked my order this morning, my VIN disappeared, and my estimated delivery date moved to Nov 5-25. I contacted the dealer and here's the conversation:

Tesla
> I wanted to make you aware that I have reached out to our support teams about your concern. Sadly, the VIN that was associated with your account was the wrong paint color. We apologize for this error and are going to do out very best to get you into the Tesla you ordered right away. Please give me 24-48 hours to hear back from our support team about your order. I will be in contact as soon as I hear from them. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions.

Me
> Thanks for your email! I am curious what’s the color for the previous VIN? And if I am ok with that particular color, can I still proceed with delivery? Thanks!

Tesla
> The vehicle was Midnight Silver. I did proactively reach out regarding that option for you. Sadly, that vehicle has been allocated already. I will know more soon enough to get you your ordered configuration as soon as possible.

Me
> I’m sorry to say this but do you know how ridiculous this sounds to me? If there was truly a mistake, why was I never notified? Why the mistake was not caught in the first few days when I ordered the vehicle? I understand mistake happens, but I have heard people talking about Tesla dealers remove someone’s VIN and delay the delivery date to prioritize someone else in a different area to minimize the cost of transportation. I just hope this is truly a mistake, not a coverup attempt to conceal embarrassing information.

Tesla
> I completely understand your frustration here. I can assure you that what you are describing in your email below did not occur. Regarding why you were not notified, I will dig into this deeper as I do not have an answer at this time. For full transparency, I have escalated your concern and am awaiting a response. I promise I will give you a call or shoot you an email as soon as I hear from our support team on this.

I feel like that they just reallocated my VIN to another person and came up with this paint story as an attempt to cover-up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

Another Paramus/Springfield update - I was able to get an appt for Friday at 10AM at Paramus, as my car was supposed to be transported from Springfield to Paramus tomorrow. They just called to say that transport has been delayed but they could arrange for me to pick up from Springfield on Friday instead if I wanted to do that. Really appreciate them offering that since I previously mentioned in my email to them that I'd really like to have the car by this weekend, and Springfield and Paramus are basically the same distance from me. Hopefully no more changes at this point, but don't expect any since the car has been sitting at the Springfield location for about a week now. :)
Picked up from Springfield on Friday. Pretty seamless experience - crazy that you can literally pick up the car without seeing or talking to anyone, but we went inside to hand off the paperwork and ask some questions, and they helped cancel my open order and put in a ticket to refund my original deposit. Definitely helped that we watched the tutorial videos beforehand along with some youtube videos, given they don't provide any orientation or instruction. I know some get the virtual orientation beforehand, but I didn't get that email until after pick-up. Anyway, as everyone else on here as said, it is SO worth the wait. Good luck to all!

Taking Delivery Friday from my 9/3 Order!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 8.10.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 8.10.00 PM.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 88
I ordered a Tesla Model 3 SR+ through the existing inventory page. I was assigned a VIN on the day of ordering with an estimated delivery date of Sep 22-30. I completed all the paperwork within 3 days after placing the order and currently just waiting for my insurance card to come. However, when I checked my order this morning, my VIN disappeared, and my estimated delivery date moved to Nov 5-25. I contacted the dealer and here's the conversation:

Tesla
> I wanted to make you aware that I have reached out to our support teams about your concern. Sadly, the VIN that was associated with your account was the wrong paint color. We apologize for this error and are going to do out very best to get you into the Tesla you ordered right away. Please give me 24-48 hours to hear back from our support team about your order. I will be in contact as soon as I hear from them. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions.

Me
> Thanks for your email! I am curious what’s the color for the previous VIN? And if I am ok with that particular color, can I still proceed with delivery? Thanks!

Tesla
> The vehicle was Midnight Silver. I did proactively reach out regarding that option for you. Sadly, that vehicle has been allocated already. I will know more soon enough to get you your ordered configuration as soon as possible.

Me
> I’m sorry to say this but do you know how ridiculous this sounds to me? If there was truly a mistake, why was I never notified? Why the mistake was not caught in the first few days when I ordered the vehicle? I understand mistake happens, but I have heard people talking about Tesla dealers remove someone’s VIN and delay the delivery date to prioritize someone else in a different area to minimize the cost of transportation. I just hope this is truly a mistake, not a coverup attempt to conceal embarrassing information.

Tesla
> I completely understand your frustration here. I can assure you that what you are describing in your email below did not occur. Regarding why you were not notified, I will dig into this deeper as I do not have an answer at this time. For full transparency, I have escalated your concern and am awaiting a response. I promise I will give you a call or shoot you an email as soon as I hear from our support team on this.

I feel like that they just reallocated my VIN to another person and came up with this paint story as an attempt to cover-up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!
do you have the VIN number. You can google it online and it will tell the basic information about this car. Like battery size, paint color, manufacture date.

My SA actually disappeared now... old NCA order still is still there with finance approved onfile. Am I going to become a single person dual-Tesla family? 😂

You could keep one car in Seattle and the other in Los Angeles… Have you driven your new car up to Seattle yet? At some point I might be driving up to BC so I have been looking for threads on TMC that might discuss this. Came across this one thread about a segment between Springfield and Grant’s Pass, Oregon that seems to tax people’s SR+ battery range: Springfield to Grants Pass drive. And another: SR+ NW roadtrip

Last edited:
Question...if I snag an LFP car with a destination of Kansas City, MO, is there a transportation fee to get that car to my nearest delivery center in Chesterfield, MO? It's probably a bit over 200 miles away. If there's a fee, then I could always just go to KC and pick it up there.

Question...if I snag an LFP car with a destination of Kansas City, MO, is there a transportation fee to get that car to my nearest delivery center in Chesterfield, MO? It's probably a bit over 200 miles away. If there's a fee, then I could always just go to KC and pick it up there.

Probably not but it will show you the fee before you make any sort of payment.

Reactions: Baluchi

Tesla

Me

Tesla

Me

Tesla

There is not much you can do. I have a car M3 LFP sold as existing inventory that got stuck in Dallas on a cargo train goes from Freemont to Alabama!!! Apparently it was damaged during transport. Now it is waiting on a software update in Dallas. I told them why they dont move the car to Atlanta and do the update here. The call center told me the following:

- they swamped with orders, barely keeping up
- the instructed local SA not to reach to customers and route everything through the main call center
- they are incentivized to resolve any issue by end of September
- they know what they are doing 😂😂😂

Reactions: asquared17
MSM/white/19" wheels.

absolutely! the white interior coupled with sport wheels seems to be the problem. I've noticed cars posted on the discord that have been produced with similar specs but have black interior. at any rate, I'm thinking about switching to the black interior because we've got a toddler, so we'll see where my impatience takes me...
That's one thing I won't do is switch.. My SA did say I should have it by the end of this month which coincides with the end of Q3. I'm just so eager....

Reactions: sleon
Excellent! Once you and a-squared have your cars, then my mission is complete and I can return to my home planet!
oh friends,,,,, have i got a tale for you 🙃

eta: okay i had to catch up on everyone’s posts!! so glad that so many of you finally got your cars! (here’s looking at you, @RichardMa0830 !!! haha)

my update: according to the discord, the car i ordered on 9.3 was slated to leave the factory on 9.9.

yesterday a car popped up matching my specs looking like it was in PA, and i immediately chatted tesla support to ask if i could switch. they said that since i already had a VIN, and since this car is apparently on the same transport as mine, it would be due to arrive the same time. 🙃

i called the hotline today to get an update on where the car is, hoping i can get my current car and life in order. well this is where it gets fun. 🙃

the guy on the phone said he couldn’t see the EXACT location, just what state it was in. okay, no prob. we chat while he does the search and then he drops the bad news: it’s in california.

california as in,,,,,, it never left on 9.9 OR 9.10. california as in,,,,,, my former ETA was 9.24 and now is more like 9.29 plus the “three day buffer” he advised me of in case my car does not pass final inspection.

and ordinarily this would be fine (i mean it would suck and i will have to either extend my lease another month or be car-less) except the absolute LATEST day i can physically take delivery is 9.29. so that buffer three days,,,, isn't going to work for me. (would have to get a family member to pickup with a power of attorney, i think?? stay TUNED on that.)

thus ensured a conversation where i basically BEGGED him to request my SA + local team to call me ASAP if another car comes in matching my specs (white exterior, black interior) or even close so i could take delivery sooner.

however the plot THICKENS as the NJ funding is almost out. so i’m not sure how that works with reassigning my order and payout info etc.

long story LONG — i’m just feeling a bit frustrated and wish for some good news. i know there are much bigger issues out there but this has been such a long wait with so many layers of hassle where i THINK i’ve gotten is squared away and another roadblock comes up. 😢

Last edited: