Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
oh friends,,,,, have i got a tale for you šŸ™ƒ

eta: okay i had to catch up on everyoneā€™s posts!! so glad that so many of you finally got your cars! (hereā€™s looking at you, @RichardMa0830 !!! haha)

my update: according to the discord, the car i ordered on 9.3 was slated to leave the factory on 9.9.

yesterday a car popped up matching my specs looking like it was in PA, and i immediately chatted tesla support to ask if i could switch. they said that since i already had a VIN, and since this car is apparently on the same transport as mine, it would be due to arrive the same time. šŸ™ƒ

i called the hotline today to get an update on where the car is, hoping i can get my current car and life in order. well this is where it gets fun. šŸ™ƒ

the guy on the phone said he couldnā€™t see the EXACT location, just what state it was in. okay, no prob. we chat while he does the search and then he drops the bad news: itā€™s in california.

california as in,,,,,, it never left on 9.9 OR 9.10. california as in,,,,,, my former ETA was 9.24 and now is more like 9.29 plus the ā€œthree day bufferā€ he advised me of in case my car does not pass final inspection.

and ordinarily this would be fine (i mean it would suck and i will have to either extend my lease another month or be car-less) except the absolute LATEST day i can physically take delivery is 9.29. so that buffer three days,,,, isn't going to work for me. (would have to get a family member to pickup with a power of attorney, i think?? stay TUNED on that.)

thus ensured a conversation where i basically BEGGED him to request my SA + local team to call me ASAP if another car comes in matching my specs (white exterior, black interior) or even close so i could take delivery sooner.

however the plot THICKENS as the NJ funding is almost out. so iā€™m not sure how that works with reassigning my order and payout info etc.

long story LONG ā€” iā€™m just feeling a bit frustrated and wish for some good news. i know there are much bigger issues out there but this has been such a long wait with so many layers of hassle where i THINK iā€™ve gotten is squared away and another roadblock comes up. šŸ˜¢
shouldve kept that NCA order šŸ˜”

Reactions: asquared17

eta: okay i had to catch up on everyoneā€™s posts!! so glad that so many of you finally got your cars! (hereā€™s looking at you, @RichardMa0830 !!! haha)

my update: according to the discord, the car i ordered on 9.3 was slated to leave the factory on 9.9.

yesterday a car popped up matching my specs looking like it was in PA, and i immediately chatted tesla support to ask if i could switch. they said that since i already had a VIN, and since this car is apparently on the same transport as mine, it would be due to arrive the same time. šŸ™ƒ

i called the hotline today to get an update on where the car is, hoping i can get my current car and life in order. well this is where it gets fun. šŸ™ƒ

the guy on the phone said he couldnā€™t see the EXACT location, just what state it was in. okay, no prob. we chat while he does the search and then he drops the bad news: itā€™s in california.

california as in,,,,,, it never left on 9.9 OR 9.10. california as in,,,,,, my former ETA was 9.24 and now is more like 9.29 plus the ā€œthree day bufferā€ he advised me of in case my car does not pass final inspection.

and ordinarily this would be fine (i mean it would suck and i will have to either extend my lease another month or be car-less) except the absolute LATEST day i can physically take delivery is 9.29. so that buffer three days,,,, isn't going to work for me. (would have to get a family member to pickup with a power of attorney, i think?? stay TUNED on that.)

thus ensured a conversation where i basically BEGGED him to request my SA + local team to call me ASAP if another car comes in matching my specs (white exterior, black interior) or even close so i could take delivery sooner.

however the plot THICKENS as the NJ funding is almost out. so iā€™m not sure how that works with reassigning my order and payout info etc.

long story LONG ā€” iā€™m just feeling a bit frustrated and wish for some good news. i know there are much bigger issues out there but this has been such a long wait with so many layers of hassle where i THINK iā€™ve gotten is squared away and another roadblock comes up. šŸ˜¢

Wow I thought RichardMa0830 was unlucky, but asquared you make him look like a million dollar lottery winner. If itā€™s any consolation you have gotten to the point where you might be eligible for the $7500 federal rebate if they revive it for buyers after 12/31/21. I canā€™t even suggest anything because you seem to be already doing anything I could ever think of to do. I guess itā€™s time to cross fingers and hope your SA suddenly decides to take mercy on your tortured soul. I wonder, if you liked cross-country road trips, if you could just fly out now and pick up the car in Fremont and drive it back to NJ. Maybe that would save you a transit fee or somethingā€¦Hoping something good pops up soon!

well the good thing is that based on the verbiage according to the website if you ordered and hope to take delivery, your order is covered by the funds. so that should include me, since i filed another credit agreement on the condition with the 5k built in.

sidebar: i would have loved to have kept my NCA but there was no VIN or tesla vision agreement and my EDD was out farther than the new LFP.

thanks to all for letting me vent šŸ˜‚ someday i will be united with my carā€¦ *stares off into the void*

Oh manā€¦ Iā€™m so sorry!! i feel ya.

I called customer service this morning too and i asked him the location of my car (since the last person i spoke to a week ago told me it was already in transit) and this guy told me it was still in California as well. šŸ˜’

He also told me the transit time from west coast to east coast is anywhere between 7- 14 days.

With my scheduled delivery date on 9/27, i feel itā€™s most likely going to change again based on the buffer you mentioned. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Who knows maybe i should have just kept my NCA order open bc i am totally nearing that EDD

In case anyone is still waiting for their NCA, I thought I'd share a quick update. I ordered on 8/8 and my EDD has finally shifted slightly to 9/15-9/29. It had been stuck at 9/17-9/30 for weeks but finally got some movement. We'll see if things hold. Still no vision statement or VIN, but something finally moved.

Anyone else see similar movement in their EDD?
i ordered 6/14 and my EDD has been creeping day by day for 2 months (well, not even bothering to check daily any more) and is now 9/16-9/30.
once it was 6/22 - 6/30 and at some time it was just 'january'.

well the good thing is that based on the verbiage according to the website if you ordered and hope to take delivery, your order is covered by the funds. so that should include me, since i filed another credit agreement on the condition with the 5k built in.

sidebar: i would have loved to have kept my NCA but there was no VIN or tesla vision agreement and my EDD was out farther than the new LFP.

thanks to all for letting me vent šŸ˜‚ someday i will be united with my carā€¦ *stares off into the void*
I ordered on 8/12 with the $5k build in. What if i hold my order to 2022? Do my $5k credit still availbe when i pick up the car in 2022 or it will release back to the fund?

Oh manā€¦ Iā€™m so sorry!! i feel ya.

I called customer service this morning too and i asked him the location of my car (since the last person i spoke to a week ago told me it was already in transit) and this guy told me it was still in California as well. šŸ˜’

He also told me the transit time from west coast to east coast is anywhere between 7- 14 days.

With my scheduled delivery date on 9/27, i feel itā€™s most likely going to change again based on the buffer you mentioned. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Who knows maybe i should have just kept my NCA order open bc i am totally nearing that EDD
7-14 days DEAR LORD šŸ™ƒšŸ™ƒšŸ™ƒšŸ™ƒšŸ™ƒšŸ™ƒ

my NCA was even farther out than this. i think the transport just got messed up somehow. iā€™m unsure.

i hope the fact that we are at EOQ works in our favor. at least thatā€™s what i keep telling myself šŸ˜…šŸ˜…šŸ˜…šŸ˜…

Reactions: KirtBall
A Tesla advisor in NJ told me the same thing but there are some NCA vehicles that are still arriving at stores that are unspoken for or are canceled orders so it is possible to still get either battery pack vehicle. I would say by October all SR+ will be exclusively LFP.
Was this for the CATL battery?
I do, but it doesnā€™t contain paint info.
In case anyone is still waiting for their NCA, I thought I'd share a quick update. I ordered on 8/8 and my EDD has finally shifted slightly to 9/15-9/29. It had been stuck at 9/17-9/30 for weeks but finally got some movement. We'll see if things hold. Still no vision statement or VIN, but something finally moved.

Anyone else see similar movement in their EDD?

I ordered on 8/12 with the $5k build in. What if i hold my order to 2022? Do my $5k credit still availbe when i pick up the car in 2022 or it will release back to the fund?
not sure if you hold that the money will still be earmarked for your vehicle. i would as your service advisor/local dealer.

the funds are earmarked for 2021, so taking delivery in 2022 by choice and not by the fact that the car simply was unavailable ā€” may not be eligible.

but again, i would double check with tesla. this is just speculation on my end šŸ˜‰

The rebate money is not going to be held indefinitely. If you really donā€™t want to take delivery in the current cycle you may want to wait until the program resumes presumably some time in 2022.

Meet Ɓguila. The newest member of my family. Picked her up today at the Brentwood Delivery Center.
Had no issues to be addressed and the staff was super friendly and did not pressure me to accept delivery until after I had completed my inspection. Hope yā€™all have as smooth a process as I had.
44DB07F3-738C-4F0D-BC84-3E5DF5C5D1BA.jpeg

You could keep one car in Seattle and the other in Los Angelesā€¦ Have you driven your new car up to Seattle yet? At some point I might be driving up to BC so I have been looking for threads on TMC that might discuss this. Came across this one thread about a segment between Springfield and Grantā€™s Pass, Oregon that seems to tax peopleā€™s SR+ battery range: Springfield to Grants Pass drive. And another: SR+ NW roadtrip
I am on the road right now. Just made it to Medford today. Will see how it goes when I drive through Springfield!

So far the car has been a pleasure to drive. Although it is mostly FSD that is doing the driving... šŸ˜‚

Wow I thought RichardMa0830 was unlucky, but asquared you make him look like a million dollar lottery winner. If itā€™s any consolation you have gotten to the point where you might be eligible for the $7500 federal rebate if they revive it for buyers after 12/31/21. I canā€™t even suggest anything because you seem to be already doing anything I could ever think of to do. I guess itā€™s time to cross fingers and hope your SA suddenly decides to take mercy on your tortured soul. I wonder, if you liked cross-country road trips, if you could just fly out now and pick up the car in Fremont and drive it back to NJ. Maybe that would save you a transit fee or somethingā€¦Hoping something good pops up soon!
Concurring to all of the abovešŸ„². @asquared17 I thought I was unfortunate but now I am very thankful of the fact that I got my car. Fingers crossed for you my friend! It will be here soon.

P.S. there are a LOT of M3's sitting around at Fremont when I stopped by yesterday to charge. I wouldn't say it is a bad idea if you are willing do the drive.

• Love