Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model: M3 RW Midnight Silver/Aero
Ordered 11/16
EDD as of 11/16: June
EDD as of 11/18: 3/14 - 4/11
EDD as of 11/27: October
Vin: N/A
Exact same order/specs and EDD changes...

Ordered on 11/12 showed June EDD
EDD as of 11/13 : 3/14-4/11
EDD as of 11/27 : October

Hoping it goes back to spring/summer. Up here the $5000 federal rebate still applied/will be honoured for orders before the latest price increase. But there's limited funds in the program.

Reactions: treebank
Still swinging on the EDD.

Model: M3 SR+, MSM/Black/Aero
Pre-order page said March 2022 delivery. Placed order on 9/20 and got:

EDD as of 9/20: 11/8-12/8
EDD as of 10/20: 12/12-12/31
EDD as of 10/29: 1/30-2/27
EDD as of 10/30: 2/19-3/19
EDD as of 11/1: 12/18-12/31
EDD as of 11/4: 2/13-3/13
EDD as of 11/7: 12/14-12/31
EDD as of 11/18: 11/26-12/24
EDD as of 11/23: 11/30-12/14
EDD as of 11/28: 11/30-12/27
VIN: N/A

Reactions: SMIERTC
Hey,

This is how my VIN is decoded, a car to be picked up next week in Poland.

Price in Poland, for a car ordered in September before the price increase, it is PLN 199,990 = USD 48015

What to expect on delivery:
1. What battery / range?
2. What engine/ acceleration (do you know what power, etc. / what engine designation.)?
3. What will be equipped with the car?

Zrzut ekranu 2021-11-26 o 21.48.17 (1).png

Reactions: treebank
Finally!!! Just received my VIN today afternoon!

Model: M3 SR+, White ext/Black int/18”Aero No FSD
Placed order on 8/25/21
EDD as of December 06 - December 12
Vin: Received my VIN today!
Yes, that's correct. They also dropped the 140km version so no M3s qualify for the $5k rebate anymore (new orders)
Exact same order/specs and EDD changes...

Ordered on 11/12 showed June EDD
EDD as of 11/13 : 3/14-4/11
EDD as of 11/27 : October

Hoping it goes back to spring/summer. Up here the $5000 federal rebate still applied/will be honoured for orders before the latest price increase. But there's limited funds in the program.
Well, at US, there is potential $7500 Tax credit after New Year’s day 2022 if Build Back Better becomes law this December. Finger crossed.

Reactions: CarbonPear
I’m getting sorta concerned, but I’ve never been through this process before so what do I know…

I ordered in the beginning of August (EDD Dec 19-31) and I still haven’t received a VIN yet. From sources it can take hours, days or even weeks and going through this forum I see others have ordered after I have (same model close to same area) and have gotten VINs. We are pushing 4 months and all I can’t get any info from customer service. Should I be concerned at all?

I’m getting sorta concerned, but I’ve never been through this process before so what do I know…

I ordered in the beginning of August (EDD Dec 19-31) and I still haven’t received a VIN yet. From sources it can take hours, days or even weeks and going through this forum I see others have ordered after I have (same model close to same area) and have gotten VINs. We are pushing 4 months and all I can’t get any info from customer service. Should I be concerned at all?
Not sure you should be too concerned. I ordered July 5, I'm now seeing an EDD of 12/11-12/31, no VIN. It's jumped around from Sept '21 to June '22 back to December '21. I assume it will be delivered sometime during December. You'll probably get a VIN 2-ish weeks before delivery.

Located in Ottawa Ontario

M3SR+ Ordered 11/17
EDD hasn’t changed since I picked it up, February 8th, 2021-March 8th, 2022, anyone in a similar boat? For those of you who are current Tesla owners, how’d you bear through the wait? I feel like I’m checking the app 4-6 times a day.
M3 SR + ordered 11/16, first EDD was June, then March 14, now October. I did nothing just wait and EDD bounced around.

Hey,

This is how my VIN is decoded, a car to be picked up next week in Poland.

Price in Poland, for a car ordered in September before the price increase, it is PLN 199,990 = USD 48015

What to expect on delivery:
1. What battery / range?
2. What engine/ acceleration (do you know what power, etc. / what engine designation.)?
3. What will be equipped with the car?

View attachment 738390
Tesla China finally start exporting Tesla to other countries.

First time posting here, but delivery has finally been scheduled so I thought I'd share my experience...
M3SR+ White/Aero RWD - Base everything, no upgrades.
  • Ordered Sept 19th, 2021 with estimated delivery stated as March 2022.
  • Set payment method to cash. Did pre-delivery tasks up to insurance step.
  • No delivery date for the first month or so.
  • EDD:
    • First date range set to Jan-Feb 2022
    • Eventually updated to Dec 2021 (weeks changed a bit within Dec)
    • Around second week of Nov, EDD updated to Nov 24 - Dec 08
    • Received message to schedule delivery on Nov 28th (delivery options were Dec 1st to 3rd)
  • No phone calls or any interaction other than text messages and emails
    • Sep 19th: Emails received upon order reservation
    • Nov 18th: 1 text asking if I want to do a trade-in (I did not)
    • Nov 28th: Text to schedule home delivery (was not given option to pick-up)
    • Nov 29th: Reminder text to schedule delivery appointment otherwise car would be released to another customer.
  • Replied to text on 28th to change payment method to Tesla Lending, account was updated the next day.
  • Assigned Wells Fargo for financing. I had a bad experience with Wells Fargo in the past, so I called in to change to another bank and was assigned US Bank within a few hours.
  • Scheduled delivery date to morning of Dec 1st.
I did shop around for financing a bit, but I didn't have much time. As I was waiting for responses from credit unions, I received a text from Tesla stating that if I do not schedule a delivery date, the car could be released to another customer. I received some quotes that were higher than Tesla's rate of 2.49 APR. I had 798 credit score.

Decided I did not want to wait for other quotes, set up new accounts, deal with paperwork, back and forth, set up direct deposits, etc. in third-party lending over <1% APR so I just went ahead and did Tesla financing at 2.49%. I should have started the loan process earlier, but was out-of-town and EDD didn't update until like a week before the delivery text - and with it being set to Thanksgiving holiday, I assumed it'd be delayed later in Dec where I'd have more time.

Have not yet sent ACH money transfer for down payment (5k) yet, but completed all other pre-delivery tasks. Now just waiting for delivery on Dec 1st!

The total price of the car remained as it was when I placed the order... it did not go up, despite recent price increase on the Model 3. MVPA says it's a 2022 model. I did have to accept some notification regarding some changes (the newer 272 mile range and slower 0-60). No transportation/delivery fees even though they are doing home delivery.

The $250 deposit upon order reservation was credited to payment, but there does exist a $250 order fee on the MVPA anyway. Subtotal $39,990.00. Total cost of vehicle (including taxes, registration & fees) is $44,313.51.