Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I originally ordered in early September and placed on hold. Removed hold today and immediately got a VIN with EDD 12/7-12/11.

Quoting myself because in ONE day, I hit "I'm ready", then got a VIN and EDD, then got the ready for delivery email. The latest pickup date is this Saturday. Now they are going too fast. I am trying to scramble with my bank as I never expected this so fast. I guess if I can't get the financing done/pick up the car by Saturday then they'll cancel my order.

Quoting myself because in ONE day, I hit "I'm ready", then got a VIN and EDD, then got the ready for delivery email. The latest pickup date is this Saturday. Now they are going too fast. I am trying to scramble with my bank as I never expected this so fast. I guess if I can't get the financing done/pick up the car by Saturday then they'll cancel my order.
That is kind of ridiculous, and something Tesla needs to get straightened out yesterday. They can't reasonably expect people to perform financial magic with their banking institution and rush their approval and delivery processes. Tesla's threat to cancel your order "if you don't pick up within 3 days of delivery" is unreasonable. In my case, I told my SA that I'm a teacher and would not be able to make the 5 hour drive to the delivery center on a school day so close to the end of the semester. Thankfully he said it was fine and pushed my delivery date to Saturday instead of requiring me to be there by Friday.

Ordered 10/3/2021
M3 SR+ White exterior/Black interior/18" Wheels/No FSD (price was $39,990 at the time)
Location: Silicon Valley about 30 minutes from the Fremont, CA factory
Website estimate when I ordered: EDD June 2022
After placing order and completing profile online: EDD April 2022
October 9 update: EDD Dec 18 - Dec 31
Mid October update: EDD Dec 23 - Dec 31
Nov 18 update: EDD Dec 7 - Dec 31
Dec 5 update: EDD Dec 7 - Dec 19
Dec 8 update: EDD Dec 10 - Dec 19

Still no VIN assigned, but my EDD range was updated to not include dates in the past.

12/8: My EDD has been updated to Jan 16 -Feb 13.

12/8: My EDD has been updated to Jan 16 -Feb 13.
I just got a text message from Tesla Buena Park that my car will be available in 10-14 days and to reply back if I was ready to take delivery, or choose a month that would be better. I chose to take delivery.

I also asked if I should follow the EDD in my Tesla account or the 10-14 days, but they said they are optimistic I will take delivery before end of this month.

Reactions: xSCMx
Hey all, Just checking in. My EDD moved to Dec 16 - Dec 31 for a bit and then pushed out to March 10 - April 7. I was hoping to get it before the year ends but we'll see what happens.

Updated timeline:
Configuration: Model 3 SR+, MSM, Black Seats, No FSD
Sacramento, CA

Ordered: 9/30/2021
EDD Initially: March 2022
EDD as of 10/1: Dec 6 - Dec 31
EDD as of 10/20: Dec 23 - Dec 31
EDD as of 10/28: March 19 - April 16
EDD as of 11/12: January 21 - February 18
EDD as of 11/21: Dec 16 - Dec 31
EDD as of 12/3: March 10 - April 7

Quick update: Mine updated this morning to Feb 20 - March 20.

I recently received an email from DCU, an auto loan lender, saying referral bonus for my account has been increased to $100 for the person signing up and $50 to me. DM if you need any referrals :) Usually, it is $10 for both the parties involved.

Ordered 10/3/2021
M3 SR+ White exterior/Black interior/18" Wheels/No FSD (price was $39,990 at the time)
Location: Silicon Valley about 30 minutes from the Fremont, CA factory
Website estimate when I ordered: EDD June 2022
After placing order and completing profile online: EDD April 2022
October 9 update: EDD Dec 18 - Dec 31
Mid October update: EDD Dec 23 - Dec 31
Nov 18 update: EDD Dec 7 - Dec 31
Dec 5 update: EDD Dec 7 - Dec 19
Dec 8 update: EDD Dec 10 - Dec 19

Still no VIN assigned, but my EDD range was updated to not include dates in the past.

Still no VIN within 2 days of delivery…?

Received the automated text message “Congratulations its your turn to schedule your Model 3 for delivery. Select your appointment for your delivery“. Also received an email letting me know my Model 3 is ready to be scheduled for deliver. Then a call from my local SC letting me know there’s a delay in my delivery due to a Q&A issue and it could be a few more days before am able to take delivery. This evening the SC texted me letting me know my M3 is now ready and able to schedule delivery. She also mentioned that I only have until 12/11 to pick it up or it will be canceled. I‘m choosing to pick it up at my local SC so I can inspect the condition as i had a very bad experience with my MS purchase and had to fight Tesla to get things fixed.

My EDD was 12/06-12/14 so Telsa came through, problem is am out of town on a business trip and then traveling to my in-laws for the holidays and wont be back in town to take delivery until Jan 2nd. I know its about a 3 week window but how does Tesla expect owners to drop everything and scrabble to meet their 3 day delivery timeframe? The SC rep told me if I put a hold on my account I will go back into a queue and might not get a new delivery until March because how Telsa manufactures their vehicles.

AFAIK, the EDD window is just an estimate and you don't actually know when you'll get a car until you get assigned a VIN. For all I know, the estimated window could change to February tomorrow.

But yes, there was a point this morning where it was Dec 8, and my EDD window was Dec 7 - Dec 19. Then it changed to Dec 10 - Dec 19 so that I was no longer in the window.

AFAIK, the EDD window is just an estimate and you don't actually know when you'll get a car until you get assigned a VIN. For all I know, the estimated window could change to February tomorrow.

But yes, there was a point this morning where it was Dec 8, and my EDD window was Dec 7 - Dec 19. Then it changed to Dec 10 - Dec 19 so that I was no longer in the window.
Yep, my EDD was November for a long while, now it's been steady for Jan -Feb for over a month. OD was late August.

Received delivery Today!!12/08. Everything is OK
My car has the LFP battery, heated steering wheel, and heated seats

---------------------------------------------------
Model: M3 SR+, White ext/Black int/18”Aero No FSD
Placed order on 8/25/21
EDD as of December 06 - December 12
Vin: Received my VIN Nov28
Congratulations! I think you took the delivery of one of my cars on hold! Enjoy!

I just got a text message from Tesla Buena Park that my car will be available in 10-14 days and to reply back if I was ready to take delivery, or choose a month that would be better. I chose to take delivery.

I also asked if I should follow the EDD in my Tesla account or the 10-14 days, but they said they are optimistic I will take delivery before end of this month.
Very jealous, also in Long Beach and ordered back in August... current EDD on app says Jan17-Feb14 after being Dec 12-31 for a couple months... Hoping to get a surprise text/email as well.

If I order a base model 3 today (white, no fsd, black interior) it shows estimated delivery of June 2022. Based on what you all know, do you think this estimated will be generally accurate? I don't want to take delivery until like March/April at the earliest and I'm worried they'll move it up and get it to much earlier than anticipated. A weird problem to have but I want to wait until after I get next years' tax refund to use for a down payment.